Follow

Maxwell Lord

Character » Maxwell Lord appears in 419 issues.

Possessing the power of extreme mind control, Max Lord is one of the greatest masterminds on Earth. He has been closely associated with the JLI, and later with Checkmate.

Max Lord To Appear On Smallville

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I said gentle massage! 
     I said gentle massage! 
    According to KryptonSite, a certain Maxwell Lord will be appearing on a certain show soon. 

KryptonSite has gotten confirmation that the character of Maxwell Lord will be appearing in this season's 19th episode, "Charade."    

Maxwell Lord was a part of Keith Giffen's hilarious Justice League back in the 80s. So, if this is true because I'm not o100% sure it is, there's one thing Maxwell could be doing in the Smallville universe: Black Knight of the recently revealed Checkmate.  
    But will Maxwell have his mind control abilities? Or will he just be a giant douchebag villain?  

What do you guys think Maxwell Lord will be up to if he appears on the show?
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

So is Ted kord going to be in the episode 

Overguardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Overguardian

Is there a SINGLE DC character who isn't appearing on Smallville?? 
    Jeez, him actually becoming Superman is prettymuch moot at this point.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BatDance

Eventually I'll get around to watching these eps of Smallville, it sounds like the show is finally getting some great actors and great characters. Stargirl and Fate? I heard they showed up a few weeks ago?
    The trouble is I and many others stopped watching it, the show is as old as the hills and I think people trash it on the net because the show has too much twists and drama

I wish Smallville decided to do these roles earlier because I would have tuned in for this kind of tv series maybe even bought the boxsets
    Smallville just never really had that quality or staying power

Too bad the didn't fix the show during its early run

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Overguardian: I'd say there's at least two (unfortunately): Batman and Wonder Woman.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tyler Starke

The only thing that bothers me about comicvine is all the freaking smallville news lol, That show is awful, at least I didn't have to look at tom welling in this article.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@Tyler Starke: finally someone else tired of even seeing Tom Welling
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Tyler Starke said:
    " The only thing that bothers me about comicvine is all the freaking smallville news lol, That show is awful, at least I didn't have to look at tom welling in this article. "
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @Tyler Starke: finally someone else tired of even seeing Tom Welling "
    I hated it for so long, but people were telling me it jumped the shark, and now I'm enjoying how ridiculous it is. I'm almost done with the 8th season and working on the beginning of the 9th. I can say for sure that the theme song is horribly annoying
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It would be awesome if he got killed the same way in Smallville.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @inferiorego said:
    " @Tyler Starke said:
    " The only thing that bothers me about comicvine is all the freaking smallville news lol, That show is awful, at least I didn't have to look at tom welling in this article. "
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @Tyler Starke: finally someone else tired of even seeing Tom Welling "
    I hated it for so long, but people were telling me it jumped the shark, and now I'm enjoying how ridiculous it is. I'm almost done with the 8th season and working on the beginning of the 9th. I can say for sure that the theme song is horribly annoying "
    I saw about two minutes of Smallville the other night while flipping through all twelve of my television stations and caught a glimpse of Hawkman or whoever that bearded guy was playing. It was so so bad. My roommate and I couldn't stop laughing, I'm not entirely sure  what that bearded guy was talking about, but it was one of those Say a line with your back turned to the audience, and then turn around for a quick close-up say an even cheesier line possibly equipped with a clenching of the jaw and cocked eyebrows, and this just had me cracking up. I don't know man maybe I'll give it a shot someday but for now I'll just stick with only reading the smallville articles when I see that girl who plays Zantanna in them.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Tyler Starke: yep, it's cheesy, but I'm digging it. 
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Chane

Sounds cool

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Overguardian said:
    " Is there a SINGLE DC character who isn't appearing on Smallville?? Jeez, him actually becoming Superman is prettymuch moot at this point. "
    thats basicaly why i hate the show. I always liked that being Superman was overwhelmingly Clark's choice in the comics. He was a fore runner, who put tons of thought into being a hero before we ever saw him. But Smallville is more and more making it seem like eventually he's just gonna give into peer pressure.
     "Comon Clark! Even Arthur's wearing colors! Just put on these tights..."
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mattydeNero
    @inferiorego:
    I've been an avid fan of the show since season 2.  The first season of Smallville was cheap.  That main line was, "Who's the next krypto-freak of the week?"  For anyone that's never watched the show, you can watch the 1 disc of season 1 and skip to the last disc, that's all you really need.  Then once they got away from the high school/Dawson's Creek drama, it has been outstanding aside from season 7 that was screwed over by the writer's strike.  After almost 10 years on television, Smallville is better now than it ever has been.  When does that happen to a show that's been on for 8+ seasons?!  Once the EPs and writers realized that The 'Ville just needed ACTUAL DC villains and heroes, the show has been awesome.  Sure, you have your typical filler episodes where they key in on someone other than Clark and build said-character up a little bit.  But for the most part, it's fantastic.  How can you "jump the shark" when Superman can do so many incredible feats?  Really.  The character of Lana Lang was the only part of the show I didn't like one bit.  We all know that story, Clark doesn't end up with Lana.  I wish they would've just killed her off instead of writing her off the show(Although Kristen Kruek has been great on CHUCK).  All in all it's good to see Smallville getting its props on Comicvine.  There are TOO MANY Superman haters in the world, yet he's the only hero that has always been able maintain a steady television series for the most part, forget the cinema.

As for MAXWELL LORD: I read a month or two ago about Lord coming on the show.  With that in mind, I still didn't put 2 and 2 together with his envolvement until we saw Amanda Waller and the Checkmate logo.  Maybe we'll see FIRE, or MISTER TERRIFIC II, or COUNT VERTIGO?!?!  Now although Lord is the "Black Knight", we all should know by now who, at one point in time, gave the marching orders to Checkmate's Amanda Waller....LEX LUTHOR.  With a 10th season inevitable, and CWs talks with bringing back Michael Rosenbaum, this could be the beginning of the Return of Lex Luthor.  There's no way the show could end without him.
    Overguardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Overguardian
    @Grim: EXACTLY! 
    It's like Superman's the last guy to show up to the superhero party. 
    I'm fine with there being a collection of masked vigilantes and mystery men around before him (the JSA) but them being more of a fringe group. 

I feel like the whole show's just jumping the gun. Doing too much that should be happening later in his life.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By NightFang3

I hope the actor is British.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @SUPER-MAN 23 said:
    "So is Ted kord going to be in the episode  "

I hope so.
    frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frischdvh

Next week on Smallville: G'nort....set yer DVRs

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By TheBug

Very cool. I just hope that its lovable sleazeball JLI Max, and not crazy asshole Checkmate Max.       

@FrischDVH said:

"Next week on Smallville: G'nort....set yer DVRs "

I support this idea.

@SUPER-MAN 23
    said:

"So is Ted kord going to be in the episode  "

reallysupport this idea.
    pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By pentagram
    @mattydee007 said:
    " @inferiorego: I've been an avid fan of the show since season 2.  The first season of Smallville was cheap.  That main line was, "Who's the next krypto-freak of the week?"  For anyone that's never watched the show, you can watch the 1 disc of season 1 and skip to the last disc, that's all you really need.  Then once they got away from the high school/Dawson's Creek drama, it has been outstanding aside from season 7 that was screwed over by the writer's strike.  After almost 10 years on television, Smallville is better now than it ever has been.  When does that happen to a show that's been on for 8+ seasons?!  Once the EPs and writers realized that The 'Ville just needed ACTUAL DC villains and heroes, the show has been awesome.  Sure, you have your typical filler episodes where they key in on someone other than Clark and build said-character up a little bit.  But for the most part, it's fantastic.  How can you "jump the shark" when Superman can do so many incredible feats?  Really.  The character of Lana Lang was the only part of the show I didn't like one bit.  We all know that story, Clark doesn't end up with Lana.  I wish they would've just killed her off instead of writing her off the show(Although Kristen Kruek has been great on CHUCK).  All in all it's good to see Smallville getting its props on Comicvine.  There are TOO MANY Superman haters in the world, yet he's the only hero that has always been able maintain a steady television series for the most part, forget the cinema. As for MAXWELL LORD: I read a month or two ago about Lord coming on the show.  With that in mind, I still didn't put 2 and 2 together with his envolvement until we saw Amanda Waller and the Checkmate logo.  Maybe we'll see FIRE, or MISTER TERRIFIC II, or COUNT VERTIGO?!?!  Now although Lord is the "Black Knight", we all should know by now who, at one point in time, gave the marching orders to Checkmate's Amanda Waller....LEX LUTHOR.  With a 10th season inevitable, and CWs talks with bringing back Michael Rosenbaum, this could be the beginning of the Return of Lex Luthor.  There's no way the show could end without him. "
    i agree 
    and i cant wait to see the full suicide squad roster.
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I am not  watching Smallville until Wonder Woman gets at least some passing recognition on the show.
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @mattydee007:  I dont think you get it dude.. YES everythin u said is KINDA true.. it IS a GOOD show.. 8-p or 10 seasons withstanding.. but your missing the point.. NONE of us are CW execs.. we dont give a rats derriere about series longevity and serialistion projection ratings or even viewing numbers..we CARE about the comics we LOVE being turned into TRIPE.. (just coz we feel like we should be greatful just to have our comics realised on the screen) to keep MILKING more pointless series out of an already DEAD concept..
      "SMALLVILLE" should have ENDED 4-5 seasons ago..when he left highschool.. this is just stupid now..come'onnnn a Rubber winged Hawkman??? Jesus H Christ & Allah are BOTH facepalming as I type
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    " I am not  watching Smallville until Wonder Woman gets at least some passing recognition on the show. "
    You should watch last weeks episode.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @Gambler said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin said:
    " I am not  watching Smallville until Wonder Woman gets at least some passing recognition on the show. "
    You should watch last weeks episode.

No Caption Provided
    "
    Cute cosplay, Lois! :D I liked Star Girl, "cheesy" latex face mask, and all. Zatanna is great! 
    Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jedi

If they do the Suicide Squad  - I want to see Deadshot. He's one of DC's best characters.

Although he's a sometime villain - he's as badass and tragic as Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.