Follow

Maxine Baker

Character » Maxine Baker appears in 207 issues.

The daughter of Buddy and Ellen Baker.

Future Teen Titan?

Avatar image for the_ghost_writer
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Ghost Writer

If what the Parliment of Limbs is saying is true, then Maxine has the potential to become an even greater superhero than her father, a true Avatar of The Red. If so, do you think she could grow up to become a member of the Titans during her teenage years? Personally, I think it would be kinda cool to see "Animal Girl" working with the next generation of heroes.

Still, what about you guys? Do you think that, in time, Maxine might have the potential and skill to become a hero in her own rite?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

hells yeah. shes a pretty cool munchkin so far

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Adnan

"A hero in her own right"
    Sure. I hope she stays away from the Teen Titans though, characters over there have this odd habit of either dying or becoming evil.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

no.

@Adnan said:

"A hero in her own right" Sure. I hope she stays away from the Teen Titans though, characters over there have this odd habit of either dying or becoming evil.

...?

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adnan
    @ReVamp said:

no.

@Adnan said:

"A hero in her own right" Sure. I hope she stays away from the Teen Titans though, characters over there have this odd habit of either dying or becoming evil.

...?

?
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@Adnan: What do you mean, they die or go evil?

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adnan
    @ReVamp: From the (admittedly small amount of) older TT stories I've read, that seemed to be a fairly common thing. I'm no expert on this corner of DC though, I guess. Even so, if we ever get to the point where they want Maxine to be a hero of her own, I still think she could be better utlised than simply sticking her on the TT.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@Adnan: The only ones I can think of are Jericho and Terra, which are both Slade affiliated.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By htb106

@Adnan said:

@ReVamp said:

no.

@Adnan said:

...?

?

That's just a few but main teen titans tend not to: nightwing, starfire, cyborg, cassie sandsmark etc.

I would love a new addition to the teen titans!

The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Ghost Writer

@Adnan said:

Well, not all of them have died. Sure, Kid Devil has passed (curse them, he was awesome!), Marvin Harris was eaten by Wonderdog, the Calculator tortured and killed Kid Eternity, and but there are still a lot of heroes who have been Titans that have lived long enough to grow up into heroes. As for the evil thing, I'm not really seeing it. Terra just made a lot of bad choices to lead her down that path, Jason Todd was already kinda messed up in the head (though he is awesome in the Punisher kind of vein), Raven has never been truly evil and has only made those moves due to dear ole' daddy possessing her, and Superboy was temporarily under Lex's control that one time if I'm not mistaken.

However, I doubt that Maxine will go either of those routes. She's too powerful as a true avatar of the Red, and she seems to really want to do the right thing, since I don't remember her considering going over to the Red just yet (but, it's been a while since I picked up Animal Man, so I might be overdue).

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Adnan
    @ReVamp: @htb106: @The Ghost Writer: I guess what I've come across was just coincidental then. I've been meaning to read some more but  never got round to it.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@Adnan: Fair enough.

The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Ghost Writer

@Adnan: Good idea, though if I might make a suggestion, start reading on the Pre-DCnU Titans and Teen Titans. Some elements of the New 52 are okay, but not much. Pre-DCnU canon is the way to go for Titans history. You may also try titanstower.com too, they've got some extensive bios for the team, and an overview of its history. Good luck either way, there's a lot of history to sift through :D.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@Adnan: The only ones I can think of are Jericho and Terra, which are both Slade affiliated.

Speedy/Arsenal...reverted back though
    Duela Dent
    Hank became  the evil Monarch then died......

the list goes on
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Ghost Writer

@cattlebattle: But, isn't Duela just chaotic by nature? And I seem to recall Hank Hall having been recently resurrected after Brightest Day, save at the expense of the current Hawk, Holly Granger (curse them, she was one of my favorites!!!).

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
    @The Ghost Writer said:

@cattlebattle: But, isn't Duela just chaotic by nature? And I seem to recall Hank Hall having been recently resurrected after Brightest Day, save at the expense of the current Hawk, Holly Granger (curse them, she was one of my favorites!!!).

Yeah, Duela was always on and off...I am not up on current Titans, so I don't know, several of their roster has become villains.......they definitely lead the board in super hero team fatalities though.......you should get insurance when you join the Titans
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Ghost Writer

@cattlebattle: Insurance and dental (lol :P). Though I think the Doom Patrol has them beat on the fatalities thing, having lost a fair amount of people in their roster. Both Coagula and Dorothy Spinner perished in the same incident (or as a delayed side-effect in Dorothy's case, poor kid), Fever was killed by a headshot during the Dark Side fight-club thing when Ravager refused to kill her, Nudge was gunned down on a mission overseas, the list goes on and on. I guess they picked a fitting name, everyone who's joined the team has been doomed from the beginning.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

Speedy/Arsenal...reverted back though Duela Dent Hank became the evil Monarch then died...... the list goes on

Arsenal was never evil, and when he joined the Titans he just wanted to bring Slade down.

Duela Dent was always pretty much just fcking bonkers, so she didn't "go evil".

Monarch did become evil, that's a good one.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle
    @The Ghost Writer said:

@cattlebattle: Insurance and dental (lol :P). Though I think the Doom Patrol has them beat on the fatalities thing, having lost a fair amount of people in their roster. Both Coagula and Dorothy Spinner perished in the same incident (or as a delayed side-effect in Dorothy's case, poor kid), Fever was killed by a headshot during the Dark Side fight-club thing when Ravager refused to kill her, Nudge was gunned down on a mission overseas, the list goes on and on. I guess they picked a fitting name, everyone who's joined the team has been doomed from the beginning.

The Doom Patrol is up there...but I don't think anyone has the Titans beat, Titans have had dozens of members over the year, I would say 80% have died....It has got to be close at least
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

Speedy/Arsenal...reverted back though Duela Dent Hank became the evil Monarch then died...... the list goes on

Arsenal was never evil, and when he joined the Titans he just wanted to bring Slade down.

Duela Dent was always pretty much just fcking bonkers, so she didn't "go evil".

Monarch did become evil, that's a good one.

But I am just clarifying, not all the Titan members that have turned bad were Slade affiliations, the original quote was "they have all either turned evil or died" which is an obvious exaggeration...but also true, Thunder and Lightning were evil under Trigons thrall

Arsenal was considered a villain for a time, his whole deal was he was out of his mind due to drug use and other inflictions....he joined Deathstrokes Titans who are a group of super-villains
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

But I am just clarifying, not all the Titan members that have turned bad were Slade affiliations, the original quote was "they have all either turned evil or died" which is an obvious exaggeration...but also true, Thunder and Lightning were evil under Trigons thrall Arsenal was considered a villain for a time, his whole deal was he was out of his mind due to drug use and other inflictions....he joined Deathstrokes Titans who are a group of super-villains

I said that I could only remember the two of them, both of which were affilated with Slade.

They were mind controlled though, right?

I know, but he joined Deathstroke's team with the intentions of killing him. Not of actually helping Slade. That's the difference. He wasn't really a villain, so much as an Anti-Villain/Anti-Hero.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

I said that I could only remember the two of them, both of which were affilated with Slade.

They were mind controlled though, right?

I know, but he joined Deathstroke's team with the intentions of killing him. Not of actually helping Slade. That's the difference. He wasn't really a villain, so much as an Anti-Villain/Anti-Hero.

There was also Raven, who did a Dark Phoenix type of thing
    Risk lost his arms and became a villain
    Riddlers daughter was sane but followed Jokers daughter
    Osiris became a villain

and thats likely everyone I can remember
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

There was also Raven, who did a Dark Phoenix type of thing Risk lost his arms and became a villain Riddlers daughter was sane but followed Jokers daughter Osiris became a villain and thats likely everyone I can remember

Raven's not a villain, Riddler's Daughter is the same as Duela, Osiris is to be expected due to ties with Black Adam, quite honestly.

Risk was blackmailed, IIRC. Was he not?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

There was also Raven, who did a Dark Phoenix type of thing Risk lost his arms and became a villain Riddlers daughter was sane but followed Jokers daughter Osiris became a villain and thats likely everyone I can remember

Raven's not a villain, Riddler's Daughter is the same as Duela, Osiris is to be expected due to ties with Black Adam, quite honestly.

Risk was blackmailed, IIRC. Was he not?

Whay are you debunking...I am just saying these character were once Titans that became villains, its irrelevant of the details to why they did so........by this logic technically Terra was never a villain either in the traditional sense, she was mentally unstable and coerced by Slade, she actually came to care for some of them, I mean Dark Phoenix is considered one of the X-Mens greatest foes....regardless of how, the characters were still considered villains for a time...

Risk lost his arms and started committing crimes to cope with depression as I remember
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

Whay are you debunking...I am just saying these character were once Titans that became villains, its irrelevant of the details to why they did so........by this logic technically Terra was never a villain either in the traditional sense, she was mentally unstable and coerced by Slade, she actually came to care for some of them, I mean Dark Phoenix is considered one of the X-Mens greatest foes....regardless of how, the characters were still considered villains for a time... Risk lost his arms and started committing crimes to cope with depression as I remember

Because you seem to be supporting the concept that Titans have a high rate of going evil, which isn't at all true. If Maxine were to join the Titans, it wouldn't make her any more likely to become a villain.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

ere still considered villains for a time... Risk lost his arms and started committing crimes to cope with depression as I remember

Because you seem to be supporting the concept that Titans have a high rate of going evil, which isn't at all true. If Maxine were to join the Titans, it wouldn't make her any more likely to become a villain.

All the members I named had defected from the Titans and had become villains though which is a pretty high number if you look at all the super hero teams out there, whether under cover or mind control...when you were reading it, you did not yet know the outcome......hence, they were bona fide villains for a time

I am not saying Maxine would become one...
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

No, but you're (probably unintentionally) defending the point that she'd have a higher chance to become one, which is why I'm debunking it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

No, but you're (probably unintentionally) defending the point that she'd have a higher chance to become one, which is why I'm debunking it.

Well I guess, I only interjected because you said the only Titans that turned were Slade associated...which is false...I never made any mention of Maxine
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

Well I guess, I only interjected because you said the only Titans that turned were Slade associated...which is false...I never made any mention of Maxine

I did not at any point say that the only Titans that turned were Slade associated. I said that the only ones I could think of were Jericho and Terra, which happened to be Slade-related. Please read stuff through before you make such statements.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

I did not at any point say that the only Titans that turned were Slade associated. I said that the only ones I could think of were Jericho and Terra, which happened to be Slade-related. Please read stuff through before you make such statements.

Don't give me that "I didn't read it thoroughly" nonsense man, I offered more examples after you named the ones you could think of...and you started arguing semantics... to which I repeatedly stated, mind controlled or whatever...they are still villains

I never said anything about Maxine...yet you implied that I was suggesting she would become evil at one point...maybe you should heed your own advice
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Ghost Writer

@cattlebattle said:

@The Ghost Writer said:

The Doom Patrol is up there...but I don't think anyone has the Titans beat, Titans have had dozens of members over the year, I would say 80% have died....It has got to be close at least

Probably. But back to the topic at hand, "Animal Girl" would make a nice addition to whatever group of super-teens she joins up with. Maybe she can be part of the next generation's version of Young Justice. There's already a new Impulse... Until that was also written out of continuity by the New 52. If so, CURSES!!!!! Why can't we have nice things?!

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#32  Edited By knighthood

I would not like to see Maxine as a Titan.

She has potential is be a major character. I thought the same about Tefe Holland.

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
    iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By iragulasuperbia

Wow . . . this got way off topic.

Anyway, I think it would be pretty awesome to see her with a future team of Teen Titans. She's got some growing up to do before that's going to happen though. Even with the wisdom of the Red that seems to come to her, she's not even in kindergarten yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.