Follow

Maxie Zeus

Character » Maxie Zeus appears in 142 issues.

Maxie Zeus was an ordinary human and a gang leader who believed he was the direct descendant of Zeus, the king of the gods. He would create the New Olympians and was a one time lover of the Harpy. He is an enemy of Batman.

How would you make Maxie Zeus cool?

Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hush20

Disclaimer: This is part 3 of a series of topics I am going to post (One for each day this week) about how to make "lame" Batman villains cool. I seriously need some feedback from you for a Batman project I'm working on. All ideas have to be totally original. No comic book rip offs.

Maxie Zeus, as a villain, has almost unlimited potential. There are a lot of Greek myths to go around, after all. Sadly, the fact that he is commonly portrayed as an overweight man in a toga reduces him to more of a joke. Tomorrow's villain will be: Condiment King. On your mark, get set, unleash the posts!

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

I only remember Maxie Zeus in BtAS. Of course, he was delusional, but at least he resembled a god.

No Caption Provided

As for the ideas how to make a better villain of him - giving him powers is too cliche, but I can't think of anything else.
    Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hush20

That version of him was OK, but not as cool as he was in The Batman. And you are right about the powers. I was thinking more along the lines of high tech weaponry...

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Leliel
    @Hush20:  I suggest give him motherbox or some other extremely high technology or maybe capture the Black Thunder and take some of his genes to get some thunder powers
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine

Give him a cool new haircut.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

Maxie Zeus seems more like a Wonder Woman villain than a Batman villain to me.  =P

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

give him some actual relation to the gods...like have a god empower him or something instead of him being just a plain old delusional psycho

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

Pfft, Fangs or a Team Edward t-shirt.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Hush20:
    I agree, they should develop "use high technology to imitate powers".
    TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By TenEyedMen
    @Kairan1979 said:
    @Hush20: I agree, they should develop "use high technology to imitate powers".
    That's what "The Batman" did, and it worked well.
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I'd give him an actual blood tie to the Greek Gods.

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jonny_Rogers

I too think that Maxie Zeus has a lot of potential if done right....

I would disagree with giving him blood relations to actual Gods or giving him technology, but rather portraying him as a man more obsessed with perfection than anything. In my view, he should have a very determined mindset that his view is the only view and carries out his needs and wants in the mantle of a God, hence why he adopted the MO of Zeus, as Gods are supposed to be the perfect beings possible. His idea of perfection has conflicted with Batman, as he believes that he, Zeus, has been reincarnated and put into human form to fix the imperfections of the world and to destroy all 'fake idols' like Batman, who are corrupting the system and are denying the possibility of a better world.

In other words, I think he should be portrayed as a man who's view is that the world needs to change from the corrupt systems that currently exist, and only he is the one with the knowledge of how to do so. His problem with Batman is that not only is he not opening to the possibility that he is right and that he is Zeus, but that day after day, Batman does the same thing, expecting something to change, and is too determined and motivated by the need to strike fear into the hearts of every criminal, that he cannot see the pain and suffering he is causing and how little a point he is proving.

Anyway, that's just a brief description of what I envisioned could be a potential new major threat for Batman, rather than just another face at Arkham.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

He's fine as he is

mzeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he has the potential to be a great villain, but i think he shouldn't have any powers or relationship to gods. I like him as an insane man who thinks he is Zeus and is the head of a major criminal organization in Gotham. I haven't seen the episode from The Batman but i like the idea of him living in a skyscraper from The Animated Series episode. (I also think it wood be cool if he spoke in ancient Greek sometimes.)

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would actually infuse him with the real powers of Zeus.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

maybe change him from gang leader to cult leader?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.