Follow

Matt Fraction

Person » Matt Fraction is credited in 941 issues.

Matt Fraction is an Eisner Award-winning American comic book writer. He is known for writing Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny X-Men, Utopia, Mighty Thor, Iron Fist, Fear Itself, Fantastic Four/FF, and Hawkeye at Marvel. Currently, he is focusing on four creator-owned works at Image Comics (Casanova: Acedia, ODY-C, Satellite Sam, and Sex Criminals).

The Return of Hobo Darkseid

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
     Now, just imagine him in unwashed sweatpants and '89 Guns & Rose t-shirt, and you've got the hobo variety.
     Now, just imagine him in unwashed sweatpants and '89 Guns & Rose t-shirt, and you've got the hobo variety.

That’s the damnedest thing about Darkseid. You can kill him on as many multi-dimensional planes as you’d like, but he’s still going to find some way to come back and send bad vibes at you and your friends. Even if he’s homeless.

If that doesn’t make a lick of sense to you, then I owe you some explanation. See HOBODARKSEID’s one of those meta-humorous twitter accounts in the same league as the likes of JJonahJameson, God_Damn_Batman and Not_Mark_Millar. That is, an account from the perspective of an obviously-fictional person. We actually did about them a while back. Matt Fraction’s been behind this one, which happens to record the concise diatribes of Apokolips’ evil despot, who’s extra ornery on account of him, somehow, becoming a hobo after (presumably) losing his throne. The tweets ran a deadly combination of agitated and evil for a while but, after NPR let the secret out about the account's origins, the feed dried up for almost a year.

That is, until Darkseid Jenkins (as HoboDarkseid is also known) tweeted this…

ME AND HIROSHIMA, MOTHERF***ERS #HOBODARKSEID

The hashtag speaks true! Associating himself with the site of a nuclear explosion would certainly be in Darkseid’s M.O. Whether this is just one tweet floating in the abyss or the first mark of a return to metafictional microblogging remains to be seen.  Although, we may never be certain considering that there’s no blue check mark to verify this account’s identity.

Anyway, Hobodarkseid’s got more than 4000 followers. Are any of you Comic Vine maniacs in their ranks? Does his return fill you relief and vindication, or fear and dread?

Speaking of fear, dread and Twitter, I also happen to have an account myself. @TomPinchuk , simply enough. Follow me and you’ll see tweets that are perhaps just as grim, but updated more frequently.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Comiclove5

Awesome !!!

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By the_fallen11

Yes! he's back!!

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

At first I didn't even notice "Hobo" through my madness, and I had a minor stroke thinking of the actual Darkseid. But still, I remember when he was mentioned before (by Babs?). Some hilarious stuff.

dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By dr.x

what is Fraction working for DC now  , if so awesome then

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ForbushBug

That was a lot of build up for a tweet not all that clever. Maybe we can have a three part prologue leading up to a Dane Cook joke.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iLLituracy

I need to follow this dude.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

2 things, I'm glad he's tweeting again, and second, Today must be a slow ass news day

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tmul501
    @ForbushBug said:
    " That was a lot of build up for a tweet not all that clever. Maybe we can have a three part prologue leading up to a Dane Cook joke. "
    LOL! That was clever. Nice.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NightFang3
    @Comiclove5 said:
    " Awesome !!! "
    Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Darkseid Elite

darkseid rules
    Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Formidable 1

A bunch of juvenile disgusting filth that should never have been made into an article. Perpetuating this kind of garbage is reprehensible. Do you realize there are children that frequent your site?

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mbecks14

i hope his face gets rocky

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself
    @Formidable 1 said:
    " A bunch of juvenile disgusting filth that should never have been made into an article. Perpetuating this kind of garbage is reprehensible. Do you realize there are children that frequent your site? "
    I'm sorry but what parts were juvenile disgusting filth and garbage....do you realize that there was absolutely nothing in the o.p. that was above the PG rating?
    batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#14  Edited By batmanboy11
    @Comiclove5 said:
    "Awesome !!! "
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Magian

When I saw the title, I thought that Darkseid was returning in the comics. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@ComicMan24 said:
    "When I saw the title, I thought that Darkseid was returning in the comics. lol "

It would be kinda cool to see Darkseid as a hobo. lol
    Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Formidable 1
    @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " A bunch of juvenile disgusting filth that should never have been made into an article. Perpetuating this kind of garbage is reprehensible. Do you realize there are children that frequent your site? "
    I'm sorry but what parts were juvenile disgusting filth and garbage....do you realize that there was absolutely nothing in the o.p. that was above the PG rating? "
    You obviously didn't click on the active links in the story and didn't see the actual site. Perpetuating this morally bankrupt flotsam by writing about it and supplying active links to it is despicable to say the least. The point of the article was to create interest and the active links were conduits to the actual site. It is done on the internet all the time..please don't feign ignorance to this fact..it is disingenuous to say the least.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself
    @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    I'm sorry but what parts were juvenile disgusting filth and garbage....do you realize that there was absolutely nothing in the o.p. that was above the PG rating? "
    You obviously didn't click on the active links in the story and didn't see the actual site. Perpetuating this morally bankrupt flotsam by writing about it and supplying active links to it is despicable to say the least. The point of the article was to create interest and the active links were conduits to the actual site. It is done on the internet all the time..please don't feign ignorance to this fact..it is disingenuous to say the least. "
    I went to all the active links and "followed" all of the FAKE people and I still have no idea what you are talking about....there was nothing offensive in any of them...there were no racist or sexist comments of any sort....so I have no idea what you find offensive about any of it
    Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Formidable 1
    @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    You obviously didn't click on the active links in the story and didn't see the actual site. Perpetuating this morally bankrupt flotsam by writing about it and supplying active links to it is despicable to say the least. The point of the article was to create interest and the active links were conduits to the actual site. It is done on the internet all the time..please don't feign ignorance to this fact..it is disingenuous to say the least. "
    I went to all the active links and "followed" all of the FAKE people and I still have no idea what you are talking about....there was nothing offensive in any of them...there were no racist or sexist comments of any sort....so I have no idea what you find offensive about any of it "
    1.) Click on HOBODARKSEID link.
    2.) Scroll while...
    3.) Reading.

It really isn't rocket science...just clicking links, scrolling, and reading.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    I went to all the active links and "followed" all of the FAKE people and I still have no idea what you are talking about....there was nothing offensive in any of them...there were no racist or sexist comments of any sort....so I have no idea what you find offensive about any of it "
    1.) Click on HOBODARKSEID link. 2.) Scroll while... 3.) Reading.  It really isn't rocket science...just clicking links, scrolling, and reading. "
    are you talking about him comparing himself to Hiroshima?
    Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Formidable 1
    @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    1.) Click on HOBODARKSEID link. 2.) Scroll while... 3.) Reading.  It really isn't rocket science...just clicking links, scrolling, and reading. "
    are you talking about him comparing himself to Hiroshima? "
    I am referring to the profanity filled tweets and references to sex acts and murder. You are either not intelligent enough to understand much, simply feigning ignorance to attempt to seem witty, or are so morally bankrupt yourself that you cannot recognize filth when you read it.. 

Either way I am finished conversing with you. Find another forum and comicvine user to troll. I won't respond to you again.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself
    @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    I am referring to the profanity filled tweets and references to sex acts and murder. You are either not intelligent enough to understand much, simply feigning ignorance to attempt to seem witty, or are so morally bankrupt yourself that you cannot recognize filth when you read it..   Either way I am finished conversing with you. Find another forum and comicvine user to troll. I won't respond to you again. "
    wow dude calm down...first off there's no need to try and insult me...at no point was I rude to you or did I insult you at any time...I was carrying on a conversation and I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to insult me....it's not cool and doesn't make you cool

second I am far from being a troll...you can ask anyone on the Vine and I guarantee that they'll agree

third..."references to sex acts and murder" doesn't necessarily make something "morally bankrupt" or "filth"....there are tons of films that do all of those things and are award winning films

I have a feeling that you're one of those people that goes around looking for things to complain about just for the sake of complaining.....my advice to you is to loosen up and go out and try to enjoy life a little...if you don't then all you're going to do is end up giving yourself a heart attack and an funeral devoid of friends
    Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Formidable 1
    @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    I am referring to the profanity filled tweets and references to sex acts and murder. You are either not intelligent enough to understand much, simply feigning ignorance to attempt to seem witty, or are so morally bankrupt yourself that you cannot recognize filth when you read it..   Either way I am finished conversing with you. Find another forum and comicvine user to troll. I won't respond to you again. "
    wow dude calm down...first off there's no need to try and insult me...at no point was I rude to you or did I insult you at any time...I was carrying on a conversation and I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to insult me....it's not cool and doesn't make you cool  second I am far from being a troll...you can ask anyone on the Vine and I guarantee that they'll agree  third..."references to sex acts and murder" doesn't necessarily make something "morally bankrupt" or "filth"....there are tons of films that do all of those things and are award winning films  I have a feeling that you're one of those people that goes around looking for things to complain about just for the sake of complaining.....my advice to you is to loosen up and go out and try to enjoy life a little...if you don't then all you're going to do is end up giving yourself a heart attack and an funeral devoid of friends "
    Just because the movies garner awards does not make them moral. There is nothing morally edifying about hobodarkseid and his tweets. They are devoid and bankrupt of all morality.To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

I have a feeling you are one of those people so desensitized and fully immersed in immorality that you cannot even identify it when you see it.

My advice to you is to attempt to stop defending things that make society worse and poisons peoples intellect and moral fiber and try to make the world a better place for everyone....if you don't youre going to end up dying of chemically-laced-food induced cancer and a funeral full of other amoral people simply waoting to get their hands on what possessions you may have left behind.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danhimself
    @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    wow dude calm down...first off there's no need to try and insult me...at no point was I rude to you or did I insult you at any time...I was carrying on a conversation and I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to insult me....it's not cool and doesn't make you cool  second I am far from being a troll...you can ask anyone on the Vine and I guarantee that they'll agree  third..."references to sex acts and murder" doesn't necessarily make something "morally bankrupt" or "filth"....there are tons of films that do all of those things and are award winning films  I have a feeling that you're one of those people that goes around looking for things to complain about just for the sake of complaining.....my advice to you is to loosen up and go out and try to enjoy life a little...if you don't then all you're going to do is end up giving yourself a heart attack and an funeral devoid of friends "
    Just because the movies garner awards does not make them moral. There is nothing morally edifying about hobodarkseid and his tweets. They are devoid and bankrupt of all morality.To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.  I have a feeling you are one of those people so desensitized and fully immersed in immorality that you cannot even identify it when you see it.  My advice to you is to attempt to stop defending things that make society worse and poisons peoples intellect and moral fiber and try to make the world a better place for everyone....if you don't youre going to end up dying of chemically-laced-food induced cancer and a funeral full of other amoral people simply waoting to get their hands on what possessions you may have left behind. "
    IT'S TWITTER!!!  it's not like they posted it on billboards all around the country or made it into commercials and force fed it to everyone....again it's twitter and no one is forcing anyone to see it...as it is there are maybe a few thousand people seeing it...so who cares....lighten up man....laughing isn't going to hurt you....there's nothing wrong with having a little fun at someone else's expense....America's Funniest Videos can't be wrong
    Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Formidable 1
    @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Formidable 1 said:
    Just because the movies garner awards does not make them moral. There is nothing morally edifying about hobodarkseid and his tweets. They are devoid and bankrupt of all morality.To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.  I have a feeling you are one of those people so desensitized and fully immersed in immorality that you cannot even identify it when you see it.  My advice to you is to attempt to stop defending things that make society worse and poisons peoples intellect and moral fiber and try to make the world a better place for everyone....if you don't youre going to end up dying of chemically-laced-food induced cancer and a funeral full of other amoral people simply waoting to get their hands on what possessions you may have left behind. "
    IT'S TWITTER!!!  it's not like they posted it on billboards all around the country or made it into commercials and force fed it to everyone....again it's twitter and no one is forcing anyone to see it...as it is there are maybe a few thousand people seeing it...so who cares....lighten up man....laughing isn't going to hurt you....there's nothing wrong with having a little fun at someone else's expense....America's Funniest Videos can't be wrong "
    Relax with the exclamation marks before you have that heart attack that you predicted for me. My point is that this site is perpetuating it and there are children who frequent this site. And they do force feed this type of thing on billboards and commercials. A few thousand kids being led to the site is a few thousand to many.

Laughing is actually healthy for one. Trying to lead children and adults down a morally eroding path in life is not. Grow up and stop seeing everything as a joke ...look around at your society...it's worse...not better. Having fun at someones expense and using vulgar language are two entirely different things....You don't see anyone on americas funniest videos calling for people to perform sex acts on their genitalia or calling for others to commit acts of violence.
    AndyKeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By AndyKeel

Awesome

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hoboseid

winners!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.