Follow

Master Chief

Character » Master Chief appears in 46 issues.

Master Chief is the main character of Halo comic series by Dark Horse Comics . He is a genetically augmented super soldier for the UNSC and is one of the few survivors of the SPARTAN II project. He is one of the greatest if not the greatest soldier in UNSC history.

Uh-oh

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

So, at the end of H3, Cortana tells Chief that it's gonna be a long time before they're detected.

Chief tells her to wake him up if anyone finds them.

But, I remember reading in Fall Of Reach (or maybe First Strike, can't quite remember) that Cortana has a limited lifespan.

If she "died" before anyone came, Chief would be frozen for pretty much all time, wouldn't he?

Can anyone confirm her lifespan? I'm not sure, but it seems like a bit of a problem for Chief.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

I believe the AI's in the Halo universe have a lifespan of 7 years, aprox anyway, i'll check the details in the book when i get home, but thats the number that i remember for some reason...

there was a reason for this, it explained it somewhere about the quantum programing becoming unstable after a set amount of time...

M

Vampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vampyre

After seven years the AIs become rampant, means computer crazy ;). But yeah I was under the impression that she would think herself to death in seven years and have been wondering about this as well. Maybe she can put herself in a kind of computer suspended animation. But then why would she tell John that she would miss him if she would be frozen anyway. Its probably just that no one on the production team thought of that.

meta knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By meta knight

Stabs his sword through a 360.

Enough of that junk.

MK

Vampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vampyre

meta knight says:

"_Stabs his sword through a 360._Enough of that junk.MK"

Thank you for that signatured slice of stupidity.

meta knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By meta knight

Vampyre says:

"meta knight says:
    "_Stabs his sword through a 360._ Enough of that junk. MK"
    Thank you for that signatured slice of stupidity. "

Leans back in his chair.

Your welcome.

MK

Vampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vampyre

meta knight says:

"Vampyre says:
    "meta knight says:
    "_Stabs his sword through a 360._ Enough of that junk. MK"
    Thank you for that signatured slice of stupidity. "

Leans back in his chair.

Your welcome.

MK"

Huh, no concept of sarcasm

sudden rabid attack on a thread that you obviously have no interest in

Youre a wii owner. Way to promote your console of choice. Rabid fanboyism has always been persuasive. Only problem is that you just build a great argument fro whatever your against.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

just ignore him...

M

Vampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vampyre

Methos says:

"just ignore him...M"

But I get kicks out of this stuff. All hes doing is highlighting his own stupidity.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sparda

Yeah, I guess it's a bit of a hole that the writers missed.

Hey! Meta Knight would never do something so dishonorable as stabbing a helpless opponent!

IMPOSTER!

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Sparda says:

"Yeah, I guess it's a bit of a hole that the writers missed. Hey! Meta Knight would never do something so dishonorable as stabbing a helpless opponent! IMPOSTER!"

He's a POSER I SAY!!

Avatar image for the_bunker_buster
    The Bunker Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are three types of UNSC AIs. Micro AIs are mini AIs, with 1/10 of the capacity of "smart" AIs. Dumb AIs have a limited core, meaning they can only learn so much, but they can last forever without damage. "Smart" AIs, like Cortana, can learn any thing, but the average life span (depending on how much theyve learned) can last 7 years ACTIVE. this means that if she goes on stand by mode, aka "sleap mode", she can last forever, as long as she isn't hurt externaly.

Oh, and yeah, and meta knight is a stupid character from a stupid gaming system. the wii is cartoon-ie, and cant handle a game the size of the first gamplay level of halo3.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    The Bunker Buster said:
    "

there are three types of UNSC AIs. Micro AIs are mini AIs, with 1/10 of the capacity of "smart" AIs. Dumb AIs have a limited core, meaning they can only learn so much, but they can last forever without damage. "Smart" AIs, like Cortana, can learn any thing, but the average life span (depending on how much theyve learned) can last 7 years ACTIVE. this means that if she goes on stand by mode, aka "sleap mode", she can last forever, as long as she isn't hurt externaly.

Oh, and yeah, and meta knight is a stupid character from a stupid gaming system. the wii is cartoon-ie, and cant handle a game the size of the first gamplay level of halo3.

"

lol
    Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

Bleh, no console is good enough for me but the computer. 

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

So Master chief is going to become a icicle?  That would be a major improvement.  In the mean time, have Samus Aran die to the Balrog.  And kill off the protagonist of killzone.

ZORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By ZORN

Speaking of her thinking to death i read somewhere that its possible for that to happen to a human that they think so much that the brain loses concentration on keeping vital organs working is that true?

SilverSurfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SilverSurfa
    The Bunker Buster said:
    "

"

Yes that is correct, cortana is using very little if not any of her processor matrix. She isn't thinking herself to death.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vrakmul
    SilverSurfa said:
    "The Bunker Buster said:
    "

"

Yes that is correct, cortana is using very little if not any of her processor matrix. She isn't thinking herself to death.

"
    She's a lot like my back up computer when I use it for more than six hours non stop.  She goes bonkers.       Any way, all consoles shall bow down to the computer and virtual reality gaming. 
    Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Logic Mark III

Diidnt Cortana say to the Chief  'I'll  miss you'? I think she knows she is dying. Also her life span was reduced from containing milennia of Forunner knowledge.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.