Follow

Massacre

Character » Massacre appears in 11 issues.

A brutal and relentless killing machine, Massacre is one of Batwing's earliest enemies and is sworn to his bloody agenda against The Kingdom.

Massacre Discussion

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I was shocked to see his page was virtually blank. So, voila, it's updated up to issue 4. I'll continue to edit as Batwing carries on.

Anyway, use this thread to babble about Massacre!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Thoughts on the latest development?

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Steps

I think the writers but mostly the artist succeeded in making Massacre an awesome villain.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Steps: The art certainly is amazing.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I'm telling you. I think I was the first one to call it. Batwing and Massacre are brothers. Of course if I get proven wrong then I'll have egg on my face but I'm pretty sire that I'm right.

It's so obvious.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Dernman said:

I'm telling you. I think I was the first one to call it. Batwing and Massacre are brothers. Of course if I get proven wrong then I'll have egg on my face but I'm pretty sire that I'm right.

It's so obvious.

yea that's what I was thinking in issue 3
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dernman said:

It's so obvious.

I think everyone came to that conclusion the moment they read #4 ;)

Hints build up during previous origin stories, but 4 makes so many connections.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

@k4tzm4n: I was already thinking it before that but ya most people think that by 4.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dernman: At this point I feel like it's too obvious and I'd prefer if it was actually the General's son or something. That would be a better twist and blindside most people.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No one thinks that would be more interesting?

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Afro_Warrior

Well, after reading #5 i'm convinced that Massacre is David's brother. David's theory for why Officer Okuru was left alive, plays directly back into the revelation about the tactics David and Isaac used when they were soldiers. (The personal code the two maintained, about not harming women and children).

If that's true however, i'd be quite disappointed. I'd rather have Massacre be revealed as someone who was taught by the General, from after he was abandoned by David.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steps

I'd play the odd man out and say that Massacre is Earth Strike.

I mean when I read back the issue they weren't able to identify the bodies but found the wallet, I mean I can come up with possibilities why he would bring his wallet with him at the time I mean maybe the Massacre persona came to him after that event. Maybe whatever The Kingdom did got this Earth Strike depressed and when he saw the injustice that these war criminals were doing maybe he snapped. Sure the harming no innocent women and children seem to still apply to Massacre but that could be attributed to his twisted sense of justice, because if I'm correct than it could be the hero in him that was sparing these innocents.

Another thing that got me thinking is that he seems to have a heightened tolerance to pain, I mention this because we never did learn what Earth Strike's power was as it was never mentioned. That high tolerance to pain might be his "power". He's also told Thunderfall that he's made a worst mistake than fighting him, could it be tied to what the Kingdom did. Maybe Massacre is planning to wipe out the entire Kingdom then ending his own life in a twisted belief that only he could find and bring to justice his own ex-teammates.

But there is one problem that I have a rather mediocre excuse for is that Thunder Fall never recognized Massacre not even his voice and my excuse to that is back in the first paragraph where I theorized that maybe Earth Strike snapped and with the trauma that he possibly could have experienced from what The Kingdom did his tone could have changed. We don't know his personality outside and based on experience sometimes a persons voice is unrecognizable when their tones are affected by how they feel especially if they go from happy to emotionless.

So there goes my odd man out theory

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

I love K4tz made pages. Goes to Powers and abilities, sees a full list of feats. Lmao.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Steps

Okay now I'm in the mind that Massacre is the General, and that the twist is that there is no twist. Please don't be Davids brother it's too predictable.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By SoA

its going to issue 7 and no real change let alone they are in the same arc , i think massacre is the only reason im still reading batwing otherwise he bores me

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nj06

I like Massacre as well and think he is one of the best new villains/characters of the New 52. I hope we get to see more of him and that he continues to be portrayed as the capable and sinister being that he is. I don't want him to lose that terrifying edge that the dual machetes and skull mask instill.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.