jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Edited By jamesewelch
    From IGN's article

In January 2011, Dark Horse will release a new four-issue mini-series that will be a prequel to the Mass Effect game and novels. The name of the series will be Mass Effect: Evolution.

Mac Walters, John Jackson Miller, and Omar Francia will return to collaborate on another ME comic series (same team as before). 

"Evolution is a story from the early days of the Mass Effect universe, not long after the discovery of the Mass Relays connecting our solar system to the galaxy," Miller revealed to IGN. "It shows us one of those important moments when humanity realized just how dangerous that galaxy was. Yes, there's wonderful opportunity out there, but there are also perils; as our story opens, we're in the middle of the First Contact War with the alien turians. We don't know much about the enemy, and they don't know much about us — and, as we'll find out, there's a lot more at risk than losing a starship or a colony."  

The First Contact War has always been a chapter of the ME universe that I've wanted to read more about. All of the novels and games pick up much later after the end of that war and where humanity are allies with the Turians.

Here's some cover artwork from the upcoming series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.