Mary in Final Crisis?

#1 Edited by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

As anyone else seen Mary Marvel's new look? Geez, I mean, Mistress Marvel looks whole lot less creepy than that! I mean, just compare.

caption
caption
#2 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah that freaked me out, i definitely like the Mary with the fishnets

#3 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

What were they thinking <.<

#4 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she suppose to be a Female Fury, or least that's what they say on Wikipedia. "Mad Mary" perhaps? It's seems the most fitting title.

#5 Posted by Spoonman (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible, just terrible.

I know she's supposed to be reali bad now, but the design is so crappy it makes me want to cry.

#6 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
Spoonman said:
"

Terrible, just terrible.

I know she's supposed to be reali bad now, but the design is so crappy it makes me want to cry.

"
I think that's how we're suppose to feel. Kinda like how Britney Spears' fall from grace.
#7 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"Spoonman said:
"

Terrible, just terrible.

"
I think that's how we're suppose to feel. Kinda like how Britney Spears' fall from grace."
No that was just funny, now this is touching stuff.
#8 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao...I wonder what the old, light and innocent Mary would say if she would see herself now...

#9 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why she would take the time to dye her hair pink and then shave it. I mean she could have just got the same point across if she said "I'm evil now."

#10 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

but i kinda like the outfit she has on thats about it

#11 Posted by The Comedian (10 posts) - - Show Bio
Kirby inspired Furie outfit or gratuitous fetish gear inspired by too much time in J G Jones' favourite dungeon? You decide.
#12 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the way DC is portraying Mary Marvel, at all. 

Change her back, right now, Dido! :p

#13 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"I don't like the way DC is portraying Mary Marvel, at all. 

Change her back, right now, Dido! :p"
Umm, you know it's Grant Morrison writing, right? Mr. Meta-Animalman.
#14 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"Cezar_TheScribe said:
"I don't like the way DC is portraying Mary Marvel, at all. 

Change her back, right now, Dido! :p"
Umm, you know it's Grant Morrison writing, right? Mr. Meta-Animalman."

But, Dido should make him change her back. I do not like the direction they have taken her.
#15 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn they even have a Mary Marvel forum here WOW. But shes hot anyway, once she turns bad she should sleep with BA

#16 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Damn they even have a Mary Marvel forum here WOW. But shes hot anyway, once she turns bad she should sleep with BA"

No, that type of subject should be left to Vertigo and MAX titles.
#17 Posted by icejaw19 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I can't believe Jerry Ordway brought back Mad/Dark Mary Marvel when wrote JSA #23-25. It doesn't even make sense in continuity after Final Crisis.

The one chance Ordway has a chance to write the Marvel Family back into it's former glory and he has the Wizard take back Billy and Mary's powers, and cast Black Adam and Isis to stone.
#18 Posted by daikari (76 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the word that she used to transform into mad mary? I heard it was a dirty word?

#19 Posted by Bigbadwolfx0 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: @silverzeo: @icejaw19: @daikari: can someone explain why Mary marvel turned evil when she was empowered by black Adam did she use it as a excuse to let go

I really don't think black Adams gods are evil Isis was not evil and neither was black adam he only did what he thought was right. Can some one please tell when billy becomes the wizard story line and when Mary became evil

Was it ever finished when Osiris took the new captain marvels power in the titans series was this ever finished or explained.

Thank you

#20 Posted by waezi2 (8054 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: The thing about Adam being evil was a way to "fix" Mary. She chose to be evil in a sereis called Countdown To Final Crisis, but Geoff Johns made it so that the evil of Black Adam poisoned her mind, in "JSA; Black Adam And Isis" AKA; "the comic that made me realize how much Johns can suck sometimes"

#21 Posted by Bigbadwolfx0 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: thanks i even looked up his gods they are good gods at that I never thought Geoff was a bad writer but wow

#22 Posted by waezi2 (8054 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: Yeah, I still consider him a good writer, but he has his days...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.