Who ELSE should play Mary Jane?

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost all of us are unsadistfied with Dunst as Mary Jane. However, Can you think of someone more attractive or better to play her?

Ps.Sry, if this thread is already made.. i couldnt find one like it

#2 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

renee olstead



#3 Posted by ugli (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Christina Hendricks

Daneel Harris

#4 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Isla Fisher

#5 Posted by ugli (88 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon: Ooh, I was just about to add her too.
#6 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio





Danneel Harris

she can bring back the sexiness of Mary Jane ....
Kirsten Dunst is pretty, but she didn't look like the sexy Mary Jane we all know and love.

also, Danneel has beautiful red hair, dyed obviously, but still it's better than ginger.

(:


#7 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

just get Scarlet Johason, and have her die her hair red.










I mean Kirsten Dunst is not a natural Red head.
#8 Posted by cascadeking09 (6762 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUNMAN: yeah she is but she died  her hair blonde a real long time ago. it was before she did jumanji
#9 Edited by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
" @SUNMAN: yeah she is but she died  her hair blonde a real long time ago. it was before she did jumanji "
do you have proof cause she was like 12 in Jumanji? I seriously doubt he died he hair. Than her d hair looked a little too strong/fake in Spider-Man 1 if you were really analyzing it.

In the other movies her hair was more of a blondish color than red. I am pretty sure she is a natural blonde
#10 Posted by chrismatj (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"




Danneel Harris
she can bring back the sexiness of Mary Jane ....Kirsten Dunst is pretty, but she didn't look like the sexy Mary Jane we all know and love. also, Danneel has beautiful red hair, dyed obviously, but still it's better than ginger.(:"
she'd probably be an older MJ ( how old is she?)
@castleking said:
"
renee olstead
"

nice pick! but i also think kate mara could do it.
#11 Posted by chrismatj (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"




Danneel Harris
she can bring back the sexiness of Mary Jane ....Kirsten Dunst is pretty, but she didn't look like the sexy Mary Jane we all know and love. also, Danneel has beautiful red hair, dyed obviously, but still it's better than ginger.(:"
she'd probably be an older MJ ( how old is she?)
@castleking said:
"
renee olstead
"

nice pick! but i also think kate mara could do it.
#12 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@chrismatj said:
" @AngelFrost said:
"




Danneel Harris
she can bring back the sexiness of Mary Jane ....Kirsten Dunst is pretty, but she didn't look like the sexy Mary Jane we all know and love. also, Danneel has beautiful red hair, dyed obviously, but still it's better than ginger.(:"
she'd probably be an older MJ ( how old is she?)
@castleking said:

Well she's only 3 years older than Kirsten Dunst  (:
but I think Danneel looks alot younger than Kirsten and alot more sexier.




#13 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@ugli said:
"
Christina Hendricks

"
Seconded that opinion
#14 Posted by Barbie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Nikki Cox back in red if you ask me.




#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I got another one:
Evan Rachel wood (: after all, she is playing Mary-Jane in Spiderman on Broadway. SO why not the movies?



#16 Posted by tejpis (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood)
[img]
http://deborahannwoll.com/db2/00197/deborahannwoll.com/_uimages/Picture3047.jpg[/img]

#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7909 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: Seconded
#18 Posted by King of the Iron Fist (58 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUNMAN said:
" just get Scarlet Johason, and have her die her hair red.









I mean Kirsten Dunst is not a natural Red head.
"
She's already doing that to play Black Widow in Iron Man 2...
#19 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Before Dunst I would have said Alicia Witt or Laura Prepon, of course anyone can put on a wig or dye hair but its difficult to imagine some one who isn't red haired playing her

#20 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"
renee olstead
"
I could go with that.
#21 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@ugli said:
"
Christina Hendricks

Daneel Harris
"


I'd go with either one of these two
#22 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Definetly not Christina Hendricks. imo
Out of those two Daneel Harris is better suited.

#23 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"Definetly not Christina Hendricks. imo Out of those two Daneel Harris is better suited. "
Daneel also looks more like MJ
#24 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. I don't know there is just something about Hendricks that throws me off and says that is no way in hell MJ.
/shrug

#25 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:

"Agreed. I don't know there is just something about Hendricks that throws me off and says that is no way in hell MJ. /shrug "

I would say Renee Olstead, but she seems kind of young to me
#26 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed again. If we were doing a young MJ (High school age) she looks the part.
Later years in college, Pete and her life together etc I would go with Daneel H.

#27 Edited by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio


  Rie Rasmussen
#28 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"Agreed again. If we were doing a young MJ (High school age) she looks the part. Later years in college, Pete and her life together etc I would go with Daneel H. "
That does make me wonder if they should have gone with Spidey starting in High School, then making his way towards collage in the later movies, not just giving him powers and then throwing him right into collage
#29 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I have varying opinions on the movies. Some good, some bad. What I tell myself with all of these comic movies is that "It's not the Spidey you grew up on from comics, this is a remake in someone else's image" lol

#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@kore said:
"  Rie Rasmussen "
Doesn't strike me as MJ.
#31 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"I have varying opinions on the movies. Some good, some bad. What I tell myself with all of these comic movies is that "It's not the Spidey you grew up on from comics, this is a remake in someone else's image" lol "
Good point though, but I do think that they pretty much skipped what made Spider-Man so great when he was created, that he was a teenage super-hero
#32 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they missed out on a lot of stuff that made the character who he was. Not having his web shooters was a mistake. IMO. That device, along with coming up with the webbing showed how smart Peter was. Not to mention the other devices he later made as well, spider light/signal and the spider tracers. Another major ball dropped was the wise cracks. In that costume he was able to cut back and just have fun, making jokes and getting on the villains nerves.

#33 Posted by fanboy#1 (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

that teenager from REBA 
 
 
   
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@fanboy#1 said:
"
that teenager from REBA 
 
 
    "
She's hideous...
Moderator
#35 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

NONE OF THE ABOVE

#36 Posted by fanboy#1 (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @fanboy#1 said:
"
that teenager from REBA 
 
 
    "
She's hideous... "

LMAO  
 
She can bring a dark side to MJ 
also whats wrong with kirsten dunst
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@fanboy#1 said:
 whats wrong with kirsten dunst "
Mary Jane is supposed to be the hot girl that Peter never thought he'd get...I think he deserves better than Dunst in this case.I mean I live in a small town and Dunst wouldn't have even been the hottest girl at my high school.Plus she has that weird fang thing going on..I don't like that.
Moderator
#38 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys realize she does not have to be played by a red head? hair dye was made for a reason people

#39 Posted by fanboy#1 (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  
yea i see your point kirsten dunst reminds me of a surfboard if you know what im sayinnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Son_of_Magnus:
natural is always bettr
#40 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@fanboy#1 said:
" @Vance Astro:  yea i see your point kirsten dunst reminds me of a surfboard if you know what im sayinnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@Son_of_Magnus: natural is always bettr "

 Not really
#41 Posted by fanboy#1 (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @fanboy#1 said:
" @Vance Astro:  yea i see your point kirsten dunst reminds me of a surfboard if you know what im sayinnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@Son_of_Magnus: natural is always bettr "

Not really
"

LMFAO
#42 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@fanboy#1 said:
"@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @fanboy#1 said:
" @Vance Astro:  yea i see your point kirsten dunst reminds me of a surfboard if you know what im sayinnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@Son_of_Magnus: natural is always bettr "

Not really
"
LMFAO "

Right from South Park, XD
#43 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio

 Rachel Hurd-Wood
#44 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Emma Stone  (: for a fairly younger choice.
#45 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Emma Stone  (: for a fairly younger choice.
"
Word.
#46 Posted by despair790 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Emma Stone  (: for a fairly younger choice.
"
Agreed.
#48 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

They got it all wrong in the first place!
Kirsten Dunst should've played Gwen Stacy and Bryce Dallas Howard should've played Mary Jane

#49 Edited by Janetron (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @fanboy#1 said:

 whats wrong with kirsten dunst "

Mary Jane is supposed to be the hot girl that Peter never thought he'd get...I think he deserves better than Dunst in this case.I mean I live in a small town and Dunst wouldn't have even been the hottest girl at my high school.Plus she has that weird fang thing going on..I don't like that. "
A "lol" at "the fang thing" and I agree with you on all accounts, and also she is a terrible actress.
Also, Rachel Hurd-Wood and Emma Stone are great choices!  Lindsay Lohan would have been a good choice before she went messed up.
#50 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11468 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"
renee olstead
"


Some of the girls are red head, but they ould do a better Siryn and Poison Ivy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.