We just hit the jackpot. ;-)

• 66 results
#1 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

"Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot."

I was sad to see it go from the picture, but I like where someone put it, lol.

Was it you, zeroEDGE? ;D

Or was it always like that and I didn't even notice before now?

P.S. she may be hot, but I like her more for her personality. ;D

#2 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

It was Buckshot.

#3 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

that was a waste of a topic, what else are you gonna talk about.

#4 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

be nice boken!

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't really like Kirstin Dunst as MJ, she doesn't really feel right to me...

think Bianca Beauchamp looks more like her...

Disclaimer... do not google, or do any pic searches for Bianca unless you are over 18... seriously now ok? thats why i'm not posting a pic of her here...

M

#6 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Bryce Dallas Howard was a better model/actress/whatever then Kirsten Dunst
Post Edited:2007-05-10 19:37:44

#7 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

boken says:

"that was a waste of a topic, what else are you gonna talk about."

That was a waste of a post, boken. What else are you going to gripe about? <<<=== Notice the proper grammar and spelling.

(I apologize in advance. I know this was rather snarky, but I'm tired of posts like that being perpetrated over and over. I'm Mr. Sarcasm at times, but come on.)

#8 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

wanna hear sumthing horrible if they make a 4th spidy and dunst doesnt want the part their going to give it to MANDY MOORE

if they do i will go to sam raimi and bitch slap him

#9 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious to hear what people think that Eliza Dushku went up for the role and did the screen test reading with Tobey (on the dvd).

Staff
#10 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Cryo, Prurience Man. ;)

Thanks zeroEDGE for telling me who it was and thanks Buckshot for doing the thing that this topic was about. ^.^

I'll tell you what a waste of a topic is: a topic devoted to "MJ is so hot"

"yes she is"

"She's so hot!"

"she's totally hawt"

"OMG, she's hot! Did I mention she's hot? Oh, let me count the ways, most likely with improper grammar and lack of punctuation, but I make up for it with my raw enthusiasm."

... I saw a topic like that. Thinking it was a waste, I decided to create a topic devoted to something with more substance.

Sadly, this qualifies. ;)

As for Eliza Dushku trying out for the part of M.J., I gotta say, having recently bought the Tru Calling DVD and being a big Faith fan, I totally think she could pull off MJ's 'tude! It'd be a little hard to believe her as an aspiring model, though. I think Dunst is prettier.

Dunst is good for the pretty/sweet aspects of MJ and Dushku is good for the attitude/personality aspects of MJ. Not that Dushku isn't attractive, of course, because she is.

#11 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

There's always been something about Dusku. I like her. I liked Tru Calling and hate Fox for their crappy handling of the series. I even loved Jason Priestley on the show. I don't think though she would've been a good MJ. I just thought it was weird that she tried out and was possibly close to getting it. I really don't know who I'd want in the role.

Staff
#12 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you even loved Jason Priestley on the show? Now that's real dedication, lol! I think the first season was a lot better... but I would have kept watching, even with Jason Priestley -- actually, I think they were starting to add some real interesting depth to his character before Tru Calling got cancelled.

Try to imagine Dushku with red hair. ;)

I think she only got as far as she did because she's so talented and, like you said, "there's just something about her."

I liked Dunst in the role. Go ahead and stone me now, but I just can't think of anyone better in that age range. Reese Witherspoon is too southern-lookin' IMO (I think MJ is supposed to be a New Yorker? Or at least some sort of northerner)... of course, Reese pulled off old English perfectly well, so yeah, I guess Reese is the only one I can think of who would have been better. ;D

#13 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

I just liked seeing Jason as an evil bastard. Actually I never saw the final episode. I got the second season dvd also (think it was a Best Buy exclusive or something, lame) and should someday. Maybe we can get Methos to do some photoshop magic and show us what Eliza would look like with red hair. I didn't mind Dunst so much. I know a lot of people rag on her as MJ but she was alright. Not perfect but whatever.

Staff
#14 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

i've got to say, Tru Calling was one of the best TV series out at the time...

i loved the way they handled the 'death' side of things, everything was so subtle about everything.

Eliza may make a good MJ, i might do some editing and see what i can come up with...

Ted

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Orrible Cabbage (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Eliza Dushku as a redhead:

Now try and say she wouldn't be a good MJ.

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ohhh... nice one cabbage, you beat me to it :)

definitely one of the better redhead's i've seen lately...

M

#18 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

She would have been infinitely better than Kristen Dunst, actually she may be a decent actor, but is the worst cast person in a superhero movie.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

"I'll tell you what a waste of a topic is: a topic devoted to "MJ is so hot""yes she is""She's so hot!""she's totally hawt""OMG, she's hot! Did I mention she's hot? Oh, let me count the ways, most likely with improper grammar and lack of punctuation, but I make up for it with my raw enthusiasm.""

Let me be a jerk and continue.

"like woaw, yeha she iz hawt. liek zOMG my spydee cencses r tinkling."

Yes, I think Kirsten Dunst isn't good on Spider-Man. Did they only hire her because of her red hair? How about... that girl from Heroes, that one that can heal. She's looks too young to play an older MJ, I reckon.

#20 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

so is this thread just to take the piss out of people who constantly drool over MJ?

sounds good lol

Ted

#21 Posted by Orrible Cabbage (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Yes, I think Kirsten Dunst isn't good on Spider-Man. Did they only hire her because of her red hair? How about... that girl from Heroes, that one that can heal. She's looks too young to play an older MJ, I reckon."

Kirsten Dunst is really blonde... I don't understand why in the first movie it was super red... then it went to orange in the 2nd movie... and I think it looks blonde in the third movie.

#23 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

"Thanks Cryo, Prurience Man. ;) Thanks zeroEDGE for telling me who it was and thanks Buckshot for doing the thing that this topic was about. ^.^ I'll tell you what a waste of a topic is: a topic devoted to "MJ is so hot" "yes she is" "She's so hot!" "she's totally hawt" "OMG, she's hot! Did I mention she's hot? Oh, let me count the ways, most likely with improper grammar and lack of punctuation, but I make up for it with my raw enthusiasm." ... I saw a topic like that. Thinking it was a waste, I decided to create a topic devoted to something with more substance. Sadly, this qualifies. ;) As for Eliza Dushku trying out for the part of M.J., I gotta say, having recently bought the Tru Calling DVD and being a big Faith fan, I totally think she could pull off MJ's 'tude! It'd be a little hard to believe her as an aspiring model, though. I think Dunst is prettier. Dunst is good for the pretty/sweet aspects of MJ and Dushku is good for the attitude/personality aspects of MJ. Not that Dushku isn't attractive, of course, because she is."

Don't mince words, tell us how you really feel. =)

#24 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

They got the blonde to play a red-head (Kirsten Dunst) and asked the red-head to play a blonde (Bryce Dallas Howard), it reminds me of the movie Highlader in which the French actor played a Scot, and the Scottish actor played an Egyptian...

#25 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Evangeline?

Staff
#26 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

"Don't mince words, tell us how you really feel. =)"

Rofl, what--ohhh. Sarcasm. Okay. ;)

And yeah, Dunst is a blond. pause As far as I know. Definitely not a redhead.

I think Evangeline is too tall. Of course, they could always do the old "have someone stand on a step" thing. ;D And too, ah, mature looking.

Plus, for her to be in the movie, they'd have to kill off Kate, right? Don't kill off Kate! XD
Post Edited:2007-05-11 16:48:58

#27 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

What ever happened to the rumors that Eliza Dushku was supposed to be playing Felicia Hardy/ Black Cat? Although I think that'd be too many love triangles for one movie.. but a very tangled web..HAHA! Puns.

I would love Hayden to be in the Spider-Man movies. I love heroes. I have her autograph too.. :-D

If they continue with the Spidey movies they should bring in Black Cat.. You know after Gwen dies and all that.. I always liked Felicia more than MJ.
Post Edited:2007-05-11 19:32:44

#28 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

""I think Evangeline is too tall. Of course, they could always do the old "have someone stand on a step" thing. ;D And too, ah, mature looking.Plus, for her to be in the movie, they'd have to kill off Kate, right? Don't kill off Kate! XD
Post Edited:2007-05-11 16:48:58"

Well LOST won't be back on until January next season (so they can run all the ep's in a row). So she could probably find some time.

And didn't Whedon want to do a Faith spin-off but she was tied into Tru Calling (which Fox effed over)?

Staff
#29 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

i personally would have liked a Faith spinoff... they could have made in damn dark, which Angel could have been...

And watching Eliza for an hour at a time is never bad lol

Ted

#30 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. Buffy was alright but she got a little annoying at times. A Faith show would've been nice.

Staff
#31 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Better then Angel.

#32 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel had its moments. Plus it had Charisma Carpenter.

Staff
#33 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I agree. Buffy was alright but she got a little annoying at times. A Faith show would've been nice."

maybe not even a 'faith after chosen' show... maybe they could have done a kick ass show showing her getting her powers and her training, sort of a 'slayer begins' series...

ending the series with kakistos and him killing he watcher and her going to sunnydale...

Ted

#34 Posted by Orrible Cabbage (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward says:

"maybe not even a 'faith after chosen' show... maybe they could have done a kick ass show showing her getting her powers and her training, sort of a 'slayer begins' series...ending the series with kakistos and him killing he watcher and her going to sunnydale..."

The book "Go Ask Malice" tells that story. It's really quite good.

There was talk of a Faith based movie (along with a Spike one and I think a Willow one) but they all fell through.

Anyway, here's Evangeline Lily:

(not my best work, but still pretty)
Post Edited:2007-05-11 21:53:23

#35 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

whoah... nice pic...

wish i was on my main pc now, i'd start doing some redheaded eliza photo's...

lets him imagination wander... Eliza, redhead... bikini or lingerie... choices choices choices...

Ted

#36 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Angel had its moments. Plus it had Charisma Carpenter."

Thats true, but I hate Conner, such a whiny little %$#@

#37 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

roflol...

ok, angel was ok, liked most of the show...

aside from when they killed off doyle, cordelia, fred, wesley.... ok, i liked some of the show...

Ted

#38 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this made up for having to sit through a season of whiny Connor.

Staff
#39 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

it did make up for a hell of a lot...

Ted

#40 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to buy one of the Angel puppets. I got the regular one.

Staff
#41 Posted by Bane_delete (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Orrible Cabbage says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
How about... that girl from Heroes, that one that can heal. She's looks too young to play an older MJ, I reckon.

You mean Hayden Panettiere?:

Post" />http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9070/haydenpanettiereredheadij7.jpg

hawt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man... is it wierd that i think thats cool?

looks over at his shelf with the monty python killer rabit on

oh yeah, got to get a vampire muppet to keep the bunny happy

Ted

#43 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

They made different versions. The regular one, battle damaged one (with removable nose), vampire one (that I posted), and have even made a Spike version (even though he didn't get turned into a muppet).

Staff
#44 Posted by the_doctor (262 posts) - - Show Bio

oh wow... want them all

lol

Ted

#45 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're like $50 a pop. I just went with the one. Funny 'cause my lil' girl wanted me to open it for her.

Staff
#46 Posted by Bane_delete (804 posts) - - Show Bio

huh? hows it hangin gman?

#47 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward says:

"oh man... is it wierd that i think thats cool? *looks over at his shelf with the monty python killer rabit on* oh yeah, got to get a vampire muppet to keep the bunny happy Ted"

I really want a vampire bunny. ^.^

#48 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#49 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

grins Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Different cover on the copy I have, though. Probably a different book; I know the one I have was aimed at teenagers (or maybe young teenagers.... oh well, I was young!)

Vampire bunny, woot. =^.^=

Yeah, it's hard to believe this topic used to have a point.

#50 Posted by G-Man (32183 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it's (2,1).

(What can I say, I'm a math teacher)

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.