Follow

Mary Jane

Character » Mary Jane appears in 3746 issues.

Mary Jane Watson is an actress and a major love interest of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. They have had a long and dramatic on-and-off-again relationship. She's one of the few people who know who he is and still supports him as a close friend and confidante.

She's back! WtF!?!/?!?!!?

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kain Echnida

Holy crap, MJ's back, and is once again dating a rich guy. Do writers ever learn these days? Oh wait, never mind, we have Quesada at the helm. What are your opinions on her reappearance/return?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zero edge

yup I squealed like a little fanboy when she showed up... but I think it took a little too freaking long... especially with the whole Jackpot thing still a mystery.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ChrisAngel

Im not quite sure about it myself....is it that I like worse e because of the situation she's thrown into... or do I hate the idea that our favorite web-slinger's a member of the paparazzi now? chuckle

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kain Echnida

ChrisAngel says:

"Im not quite sure about it myself....is it that I like worse e because of the situation she's thrown into... or do I hate the idea that our favorite web-slinger's a member of the paparazzi now? *chuckle*"

Laughs. Good question Chris, I wish I could give you an answer, but I guess we'll find out in the continuation of "Brand New Day". I'm most likely going to send you a PM later, so keep an eye on it.

zero edge says:

"yup I squealed like a little fanboy when she showed up... but I think it took a little too freaking long... especially with the whole Jackpot thing still a mystery. "

I agree. I think the Jackpot issue might be handled if not in August, most likely around Christmas so we can get a Christmas special of "What If? Spider-Man had Two More Days and Joe Quesada didn't retcon the marriage?" LoL. But I was thinking about how I missed her yesterday and then when I got this month's "Brand New Day" I like you said, "squealed like a little fanboy when she showed up". I wonder how Peter's going to take it when he sees her with Carr.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kain Echnida

Post Deleted.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zero edge

Kain Echnida says:

"ChrisAngel says:
    "Im not quite sure about it myself....is it that I like worse e because of the situation she's thrown into... or do I hate the idea that our favorite web-slinger's a member of the paparazzi now? *chuckle*"

Laughs. Good question Chris, I wish I could give you an answer, but I guess we'll find out in the continuation of "Brand New Day". I'm most likely going to send you a PM later, so keep an eye on it.

zero edge says:

"yup I squealed like a little fanboy when she showed up... but I think it took a little too freaking long... especially with the whole Jackpot thing still a mystery. "

I agree. I think the Jackpot issue might be handled if not in August, most likely around Christmas so we can get a Christmas special of "What If? Spider-Man had Two More Days and Joe Quesada didn't retcon the marriage?" LoL. But I was thinking about how I missed her yesterday and then when I got this month's "Brand New Day" I like you said, "squealed like a little fanboy when she showed up". I wonder how Peter's going to take it when he sees her with Carr. "

LOL... "what if Spider-Man had two more days"... that'd be so freaking funny.
    Post Edited:2008-06-02 10:55:28

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChrisAngel

Kain Echnida says:

"ChrisAngel says:

Will be waiting on it....

But in regards on how ol Pete's gonna take it when he sees her with Carr.. depends on the frame of mind he's in.. and the position those two'll be locked into when he sees them. More'n likely, he'll have to go saving her life again from this creepy Paper Doll chick...

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kain Echnida

zero edge says:

"LOL... "what if Spider-Man had two more days"... that'd be so freaking funny.
    Post Edited:2008-06-02 10:55:28"

Get me a job interview with somebody at Marvel so I can give them my material and you'll get it. LoL.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Oh...I thought you saw the new pictures of Elektra winkwink.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Constantine

I dunno what happened...haven't been keeping up to date...what happened...

Sumbody tell meeeee

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Slinger

I am unbelievably POed about her return. It's just stupid. Don't get me wrong, I want her back, but I doubt this'll be very good. Last months stories bit hard.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

Has mj ever died?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

pixelized says:

"Has mj ever died?"

Don't think so.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kain Echnida

pixelized says:

"Has mj ever died?"

Technically but they waved it off as like, she was kidnapped once, and then flew off second.

@Slinger: I'm glad to see her return. It's about time she came back although I admit, last month's arc sucked with that freakin Aztek God. Cool character, poorly executed, just like Freak. Hopefully they don't ruin some of the others. I actually like Screwball too. Funny.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zero edge

She was killed in a plane accident then they retconned it.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slinger

Actually I liked the Aztec god, I was referring to the "Paperweight" character or whatever her name was, hated it. And Peter as a Paparazzo? Give me a break, he'd never do it. These last three issues have been hardcore trash. It's months like these that I wish it was back to three separate titles, at least then if there was one bad story arc it didn't ruin an entire month of Spider-Man. Give me the good old days of Spidey teaching kids important life lessons as the biology teacher at Midtown High while trying to not to fall asleep in class.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zero edge

At least he figured out that being a Paparazzi is stupid. But yeah, Spidey stories have declined in quality after about a couple months into BND.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John_Feaster

First of all, I HATE the very "Crisis of Infinate Earths" way that MJ and Parker were parted. It';s such a crappy DC way to handle a situation. They'd been married for 22-Years, for goodness sakes. Who's the boob who actually said "The Clone thing...Norman Osborn...the Spider god and the rebirth...all the lousy writing and twists...naw, that's not the reason people aren't reading Spider-Man. It's gotta be Mary Jane!"

And how is Peter suffering for MJ's loss? I thought that was Mephisto's whole shtick! If I were to take away your wife, then make you forget that I did so, I wouldn't have changed your life in any way you could recognize or remember. It doesn't fit Mephisto's personality. Now, if PETER remembered, and nobody else did...then THAT would have scared the poor guy. This is all just a sloppy editing job...which is what I've come to expect from most of the flagship titles these days.

All I can say is this. I'm gonna stop readin' the dang book if this isn't resolved soon.

Still, I do have some ideas about the current situstion. Is it just me, or does it seem as though MJ has been...fractured into seperate

identities? That -- in her own way, Mary Jane Watson and Jackpot are two parts of Mary Jane Parkers whole? Just an idea...that I hope will eventually end with Mary Jane Parker returning.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.