Question about "getting rid" of their marriage

#1 Posted by MichonneHack27 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I basically get One More Day, was to just basically give them a "divorce" of sorts. Granted its like a soap opera kind, lol. But I remember someone commenting either here or maybe on wiki that they wanted to get rid of the marriage cause it made Spiderman seem old. Well I know this is dumb to ask, but well Sue and Richard have been together for a while. No one's tried getting rid of their marriage. Plus so far Emma's been with Cyclops for how long now? True not as long as Jean was with him, but well aren't they considered a couple? Or do they not count cause they're not married? And DC comics gave Batman a son in Damien, biological. I mean I may be wrong but wouldn't a kid make a character look more older than a havin' them stayed married? I'm not asking if anyone wants them back, or somethin'. It just sounds silly that the excuse is she was making him look "old".

But then again the whole they want him single again could be just as silly. Maybe. I'm not a writer^^;. Cause well if that was a case, a divorce does sound more believable than Mephisto's desiring to erase their marriage. Comic characters get married and divorce as fast as a story.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but Peter is supposed to be a younger character, appealing to the audience of young people who are trying to go out on their own and realizing life sucks.

Sue and Richard were never young and Cyclops and Emma aren't young either (with all the new generations of X-Men they make over the years, it's harder to keep the original generations young).

Also, they do de-age Batman so there's arguments about how that stuff doesn't even make sense, at least with Spider-Man they wiped out all the old history to justify keeping Spider-Man young while with Batman, they just choose not to address continuity-errors they've created in trying to keep Batman young.

#3 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: True. It's not like they already had popular and criticly acllaimed series about young Spider-Man, giving readers such stories.

Peter WAS suposed to be that. His character evolved into something diffrent,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.