Follow

Mary Jane

Character » Mary Jane appears in 3744 issues.

Mary Jane Watson is an actress and a major love interest of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. They have had a long and dramatic on-and-off-again relationship. She's one of the few people who know who he is and still supports him as a close friend and confidante.

Mary Jane with Spider-man, but he's not Peter Parker?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

According to an announcement by Dan Slott at the NYCC noted by a step-by-step accounting at the NYCC by CBR.

It noted that Dan Slott said:

Slott compared the tone to Gwen Stacy's death and "Kraven's Last Hunt." Then, "You want Spider-Man and Mary Jane back together? They're back together! But he's not Peter Parker."

He also announced: The all new Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker and Slott calls it "very dark, very weird." Confirmation in Article by Gregg Katzman

This does not sit well with me, they have been together for a long time, he told Silver Sable (Hope she comes back soon), after turning her down, he wanted to be worthy of MJ and near the end of the Spider-Island arc MJ whispered "I love you" to Peter which he did not hear and granted he was wearing his costume at the time, She even bought a nightclub in his honor, so that they can celebrate his victor after Ends of the Earth. With these points, the fact that they do not end up together is wrong and should be reconsidered. I mean it looked to me like they were trying to make a go of things, and now they say they might not end up together, it just does not make sense.

What happens between now and issue 700 that changes their relationship this much.

For this reason I'm hoping this is more of Marvels teasing or even one of their twists where it is Peter but with a new identity, which was setup by technology or magic, in order to escape his identity being revealed by Doc Oc.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VampireSelektor

@animehunter said:

According to an announcement by Dan Slott at the NYCC noted by a step-by-step accounting at the NYCC by CBR.

It noted that Dan Slott said:

Slott compared the tone to Gwen Stacy's death and "Kraven's Last Hunt." Then, "You want Spider-Man and Mary Jane back together? They're back together! But he's not Peter Parker."

He also announced: The all new Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker and Slott calls it "very dark, very weird." Confirmation in Article by Gregg Katzman

This does not sit well with me, they have been together for a long time, he told Silver Sable (Hope she comes back soon), after turning her down, he wanted to be worthy of MJ and near the end of the Spider-Island arc MJ whispered "I love you" to Peter which he did not hear and granted he was wearing his costume at the time, She even bought a nightclub in his honor, so that they can celebrate his victor after Ends of the Earth. With these points, the fact that they do not end up together is wrong and should be reconsidered. I mean it looked to me like they were trying to make a go of things, and now they say they might not end up together, it just does not make sense.

What happens between now and issue 700 that changes their relationship this much.

For this reason I'm hoping this is more of Marvels teasing or even one of their twists where it is Peter but with a new identity, which was setup by technology or magic, in order to escape his identity being revealed by Doc Oc.

Harry Osborn? It's a stretch, but unless Marvel introduces a new character, every other Spider-character not named Kaine is either dead or female.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By The_Myth
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

Its a new Clone made using Peter and Queens DNA!!!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

Still loving how Slott said the internet would freak out, and lo and behold...

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@Strider92 said:

Its a new Clone made using Peter and Queens DNA!!!!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@InnerVenom123: Yeah it is awesome. TBH Comicvine has taken it a lot better than some other sites i've seen lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.