Follow

Mary Jane

Character » Mary Jane appears in 3744 issues.

Mary Jane Watson is an actress and a major love interest of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. They have had a long and dramatic on-and-off-again relationship. She's one of the few people who know who he is and still supports him as a close friend and confidante.

Mary Jane in The Amazing Spider-Man Movie?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

The Spider-Man reboot movie, The Amazing Spider-Man, is currently filming and yet there has been a casting call for this movie. While there are no specifics as to who this female character is, the job description suggests it might be Mary Jane.

No Caption Provided

"SuperHeroHype has learned that a casting call has gone out for that very part under the film's  secret title, "Fiona's Tale." The exact description calls for an, "actress to portray beautiful red-headed teenage girl for featured background...(18+ only)". Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at FTextras@gmail.com ."

"Fiona's Tale"?
    Two things come to mind, three if we count the fact that I am wondering how they got "Fiona's Tale" out of "The Amazing Spider-Man". It seems like this is a casting call for Mary Jane but why suddenly decide to add a second love interest for a movie that is already underway? Why does the casting call say "for featured background" if MJ is pretty much a center-stage-type of character?

SuperHeroHype suggest that this could be a cast to tease the idea of having MJ in future Spider-Man movies, then again it was recently reported that a sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man is already in the works, there is a possibility that this casting call is for "Fiona's Tale 2". Another thing that pops to mind is MJ's first appearance. For a long time, in the comics, Mary Jane was teased to the readers. She was hidden among panels only to reveal the red-headed beauty in the famous "Face it tiger. You just hit the jackpot" scene. Could the movie's creators be thinking of doing the same thing for this first movie?

What do you think? Let the speculation begin!

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey  
    rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

#1  Edited By rorie

Seems logical. There's no way Gwen Stacy survives this first film, in my opinion. 

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Interesting to say the least.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Though I prefer Gwen, with the monumental disappointment that was Emma Stone's casting, I'm very glad MJ is in this film.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey
    @rorie: I thought Emma Stone signed a 3-movie contract...

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @rorie: I thought Emma Stone signed a 3-movie contract...

"
    Yea thats what i heard, i think they are going to do what they did in spectacular spiderman and introduce MJ but she wont be a love interest merely a flirt
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula
    @EnSabahNurX said:
    " @sora_thekey said:
    " @rorie: I thought Emma Stone signed a 3-movie contract...

"
    Yea thats what i heard, i think they are going to do what they did in spectacular spiderman and introduce MJ but she wont be a love interest merely a flirt "
    Oh snap!
    the movie guy gets burned by a user and a mod on his own subject.

jk :D
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Jotham

Fiona's Tale?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

I think it makes sense. Gwen's gotta die and they have to fill in the backstory for MJ, so why not do it in one film?

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By azza04

It would be awsome if MJ made a cameo at the end of the film. The best would be if she came over to Peters house and cracked the famous line "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot". Would be a bit corny but i would definitely have a nerdgasm  :D

Hope this turns out to be true. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Primmaster64

Cool

ScytheClawB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ScytheClawB

I can imagine Emma Stone playing both MJ and Gwen, her dyed red hair for MJ, and her natural blond hair for Gwen. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.