Mary Jane in The Amazing Spider-Man Movie?

Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider-Man reboot movie, The Amazing Spider-Man, is currently filming and yet there has been a casting call for this movie. While there are no specifics as to who this female character is, the job description suggests it might be Mary Jane.

"SuperHeroHype has learned that a casting call has gone out for that very part under the film's  secret title, "Fiona's Tale." The exact description calls for an, "actress to portray beautiful red-headed teenage girl for featured background...(18+ only)". Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at FTextras@gmail.com ."

"Fiona's Tale"?
Two things come to mind, three if we count the fact that I am wondering how they got "Fiona's Tale" out of "The Amazing Spider-Man". It seems like this is a casting call for Mary Jane but why suddenly decide to add a second love interest for a movie that is already underway? Why does the casting call say "for featured background" if MJ is pretty much a center-stage-type of character?

SuperHeroHype suggest that this could be a cast to tease the idea of having MJ in future Spider-Man movies, then again it was recently reported that a sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man is already in the works, there is a possibility that this casting call is for "Fiona's Tale 2". Another thing that pops to mind is MJ's first appearance. For a long time, in the comics, Mary Jane was teased to the readers. She was hidden among panels only to reveal the red-headed beauty in the famous "Face it tiger. You just hit the jackpot" scene. Could the movie's creators be thinking of doing the same thing for this first movie?

What do you think? Let the speculation begin!

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey  
#1 Posted by Rorie (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems logical. There's no way Gwen Stacy survives this first film, in my opinion. 

Staff
#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting to say the least.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I prefer Gwen, with the monumental disappointment that was Emma Stone's casting, I'm very glad MJ is in this film.

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio
@rorie: I thought Emma Stone signed a 3-movie contract...

#5 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @rorie: I thought Emma Stone signed a 3-movie contract...

"
Yea thats what i heard, i think they are going to do what they did in spectacular spiderman and introduce MJ but she wont be a love interest merely a flirt
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX said:
" @sora_thekey said:
" @rorie: I thought Emma Stone signed a 3-movie contract...

"
Yea thats what i heard, i think they are going to do what they did in spectacular spiderman and introduce MJ but she wont be a love interest merely a flirt "
Oh snap!
the movie guy gets burned by a user and a mod on his own subject.

jk :D
#7 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Fiona's Tale?

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it makes sense. Gwen's gotta die and they have to fill in the backstory for MJ, so why not do it in one film?

#9 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be awsome if MJ made a cameo at the end of the film. The best would be if she came over to Peters house and cracked the famous line "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot". Would be a bit corny but i would definitely have a nerdgasm  :D

Hope this turns out to be true. 

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#11 Posted by ScytheClawB (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I can imagine Emma Stone playing both MJ and Gwen, her dyed red hair for MJ, and her natural blond hair for Gwen. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.