Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane

#1 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

why all the hate for her? i thought she looked great as a red head and acted the best she could given the scripts she was given.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Her being gone is the only reason I'm happy about the reboot.

#3 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her as an actress, but she's no Mary Jane. Kirsten is a cute girl, whereas Mary Jane is a hot girl. There's a big difference.

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

She was alright, nothing to special about her or her as MJ.

#5 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

She would have been better as Gwen Stacy. Coincidently, Emma Stone would have made a better Mary Jane.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't the real KipD. It was a clone of he created by the Jackal to screw up Spidey's movies. That's why she slowly degenerated With each movie.

#7 Posted by nickzambuto (14193 posts) - - Show Bio

@ExtraLarge said:

She would have been better as Gwen Stacy. Coincidently, Emma Stone would have made a better Mary Jane.

Made even more ironic by the fact that Dunst is a natural blond whereas Stone is a redhead.

#8 Posted by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

MJ was... Alright, but I just hated Tobey Maguire screaming her darn name every 10 minutes...

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8011 posts) - - Show Bio

She was okay. Didn't really have a problem with her performance.

#10 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Kirsten Dunst. but I hated her as Mary Jane. She felt nothing like the character in personality or looks. Plus from interviews it seemed she felt the whole thing was just silly.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92926 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I like Kirsten Dunst. but I hated her as Mary Jane. She felt nothing like the character in personality or looks. Plus from interviews it seemed she felt the whole thing was just silly.

Agreed.

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

It wasn't the real KipD. It was a clone of he created by the Jackal to screw up Spidey's movies. That's why she slowly degenerated With each movie.

LMAO

#13 Posted by The Stegman (25171 posts) - - Show Bio
She had the look, and she was hot enough, but she just didn't have the MJ feel.
#14 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@ExtraLarge said:

Made even more ironic by the fact that Dunst is a natural blond whereas Stone is a redhead.

O_O Umm Emma Stone is a natural blond lol She just prefers being a redhead XD

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17740 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@ExtraLarge said:

Actually, Stone's natural hair colour is blonde. She only dyed it red for her role in Superbad at the request of the director and has ever since kept it red.

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (14193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@nickzambuto said:

@ExtraLarge said:

Actually, Stone's natural hair colour is blonde. She only dyed it red for her role in Superbad at the request of the director and has ever since kept it red.

Why should I listen to you? You're deranged!

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17740 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

THIS.

#19 Posted by Linore (25 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything I see Mary Elizabeth Winstead as mary jane

#20 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk: She's good, but I always got the feeling she just wasn't comfortable in a movie about comic book characters, and the evidence of that piles up when you see and hear interveiws with her! However, she might have been pretty enthusiastic if she'd have gotten to become Spider-WOMAN at some point! Hmmmm, I wonder if that could have worked in Sam Rami's universe?...

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Far from the look, farther from the feel because dunst does not radiate 'jackpot' from her body like MJ does

#22 Posted by BlackWind (6850 posts) - - Show Bio

She had the look, but Mary Jane's body is 10x better than Kirsten's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.