Follow

Mary Jane

Character » Mary Jane appears in 3744 issues.

Mary Jane Watson is an actress and a major love interest of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. They have had a long and dramatic on-and-off-again relationship. She's one of the few people who know who he is and still supports him as a close friend and confidante.

how would you want pete/MJ to get back together

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

with SSM, how would fans want the pete/MJ marriage to come back?

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cobalion

I personally think Peter Parker and Mary Jane marriage is over, and thats the way it should stay, their marriage has run its course and for good reason.

I like MJ but she has no purpose in comics anymore, I think she just not exist.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PeppeyHare

@cobalion said:

I personally think Peter Parker and Mary Jane marriage is over, and thats the way it should stay, their marriage has run its course and for good reason.

Why? Peter isn't a kid anymore and the fact that the marriage was broken up in the first place is completely ridiculous. No reason why every superhero except Spidey is allowed to grow up.

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobalion said:

Why? Peter isn't a kid anymore and the fact that the marriage was broken up in the first place is completely ridiculous. No reason why every superhero except Spidey is allowed to grow up.

I think Peter has grown up regardless.

My only problem with Parker is, his life was unbelieveable. Unbelieveable that a person with that much lying (for protecting his friends) would still get the girl he's been chasing since school!

A girl who is a supermodel. I'm glad they wrote it out, he needs someone more realistic.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobalion said:

@peppeyhare said:

@cobalion said:

My only problem with Parker is, his life was unbelieveable. Unbelieveable that a person with that much lying (for protecting his friends) would still get the girl he's been chasing since school!

A girl who is a supermodel. I'm glad they wrote it out, he needs someone more realistic.

He's a man who dresses up in spandex and has the powers of a spider. No realism needed

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobalion said:

@peppeyhare said:

@cobalion said:

So a nerd who is nice and a good person can't get a hot supermodel as a girlfriend or wife?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobalion said:

@peppeyhare said:

@cobalion said:

So a nerd who is nice and a good person can't get a hot supermodel as a girlfriend or wife?

Apparently so

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. It's all about "reality" now in comics. so things can't seem unrealistic. But the thing is, is that I don't find Mary Jane finding Peter attractive to be unrealistic. By saying most attractive women find shy, good natured guys to be nothing but a loser, is basically a stereotype. I'm saying this in most scenarios because they're ARE some attractive women who find nerds a waste of time but for the most part I find it stereotypical.

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: @comedy_brosusa:

Name a superhero in comics that has an unattractive wife/girlfriend

Things can be fantasy to. Peter being a "nerd" has nothing to with my opinion. It's not much realistic but more believe able.

Also why does Peter have to be married? Is not allowed to be single?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't want Pete with Mj who is a better candidate ?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeppeyHare

@cobalion said:

@peppeyhare: @comedy_brosusa:

Name a superhero in comics that has an unattractive wife/girlfriend

Things can be fantasy to. Peter being a "nerd" has nothing to with my opinion. It's not much realistic but more believe able.

Also why does Peter have to be married? Is not allowed to be single?

Yes because a man being bit by a radioactive spider and getting superpowers is totally believable. Getting an awesome wife though? Nah

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. It's all about "reality" now in comics. so things can't seem unrealistic. But the thing is, is that I don't find Mary Jane finding Peter attractive to be unrealistic. By saying most attractive women find shy, good natured guys to be nothing but a loser, is basically a stereotype. I'm saying this in most scenarios because they're ARE some attractive women who find nerds a waste of time but for the most part I find it stereotypical.

Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.