Does anybody miss the stupid woman?

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Peter misses her. He's all loaded up with webbing right now, man...gonna explode. THWIP! Ahh...

#2 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you folks miss her? Is the lack of her presence even noticed when Jack Pot's not around?

#3 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

the love of his life? yeah i miss her.

#4 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the supid woman??

#5 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Nevermind

#6 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."

I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P

#7 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."

I kind of miss her.

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."

I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt.

#9 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I like MJ, but it's cool to have Spidy life not to be surrounded by her all the time now. Like back around 2000 when they broke up and Pete life didn't surround her all the time.

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Charmcaster says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"

Eh. I was never very crazy about Ms. Stacey either. She was just like an "eh" character to me.

#11 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

What is there to miss about mj?

I got tired of that heffa always being in distress. lol

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"What is there to miss about mj? I got tired of that heffa always being in distress. lol"

She wasn't always in distress. Although admittedly, some of the better arcs occured without her. Minus a few.

#13 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Charmcaster says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"
Eh. I was never very crazy about Ms. Stacey either. She was just like an "eh" character to me."

Oh f@ck you EC! j/k

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."

oh well... she'll be back though!

Charmcaster says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"

crazy blondes!

#15 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

All this talk of redheads and blondes...

I prefer the baldies...them chemo hoes are freaky, I tells ya!

#16 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
oh well... she'll be back though! Charmcaster says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"
crazy blondes!"

Jealous Apple? :P

#17 Posted by Megaguirus' bumper (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"All this talk of redheads and blondes...I prefer the baldies...them chemo hoes are freaky, I tells ya!"

Ahem, I'm a blonde you know. Smites gottheit

#18 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you're a this.

Don't see any blonde hair...unless...do the collars match the cuffs?

#19 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Charmcaster says:

"Oh f@ck you EC! j/k"

I knew you wanted to.

#20 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Charmcaster says:

"Apparition says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
oh well... she'll be back though! Charmcaster says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"
crazy blondes!"
Jealous Apple? :P"

lol not in the slightest :P

#21 Posted by Morphid (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he would miss the love of his life!!!

Like I miss the girl from third, or was it, fourth grade?

#22 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

@EC, LMAO!

@Apple, mmhmm

#23 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I do

#24 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not gonna lie I dont even read Amazing anymore.

#25 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio

   This is a repost of a comment I just made on another board. It fits here.  

   First of all, I HATE the very "Crisis of Infinate Earths" way that MJ and Parker were parted. It';s such a crappy DC way to handle a situation. They'd been married for 22-Years, for goodness sakes. Who's the boob who actually said "The Clone thing...Norman Osborn...the Spider god and the rebirth...all the lousy writing and twists...naw, that's not the reason people aren't reading Spider-Man. It's gotta be Mary Jane!"

   And how is Peter suffering for MJ's loss? I thought that was Mephisto's whole shtick! If I were to take away your wife, then make you forget that I did so, I wouldn't have changed your life in any way you could recognize or remember. It doesn't fit Mephisto's personality. Now, if PETER remembered, and nobody else did...then THAT would have scared the poor guy. This is all just a sloppy editing job...which is what I've come to expect from most of the flagship titles these days.

   All I can say is this. I'm gonna stop readin' the dang book if this isn't resolved soon.

   Still, I do have some ideas about the current situstion. Is it just me, or does it seem as though MJ has been...fractured into seperate

identities? That -- in her own way, Mary Jane Watson and Jackpot are two parts of Mary Jane Parkers whole? Just an idea...that I hope will eventually end with Mary Jane Parker returning.
#26 Edited by Spider-Ninja (10 posts) - - Show Bio
Charmcaster said:
"

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
oh well... she'll be back though! Charmcaster says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"
crazy blondes!"

Jealous Apple? :P

"

Liked Gwen too, except she cheated on Peter just because of some "magnet" (How stupid can she get?) ^_^.
I don't like people who cheat in their relationship. Someday they'll get whats coming to them.

Anyway, Guys, can you tell the comic in mangaverse where Peter taught Mary jane and became Spider-Woman?
Better yet, can you send a picture of the cover to me?

Thanks much guys!!!
#27 Posted by Dr.Spy (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love if she came back looking like this:

#28 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Daredevilfan182 said:
"

Im not gonna lie I dont even read Amazing anymore.

"

Me Neither I stopped reading Spidey after OMD....... all because of the MJ Peter seperation

Eternal Chaos said:
"

Charmcaster says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"the love of his life? yeah i miss her."
I don't. I don't care about MJ to be honest. I liked her, but her missing presence isn't exactly felt."
I don;t care about girls with red hair, Gwen Stacey all the way! :P"

Eh. I was never very crazy about Ms. Stacey either. She was just like an "eh" character to me.

"
Although I have to agree She was better than MJ WAY better...... Gwen Stacy all the way!!!!!! He repeats
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back.

Moderator
#30 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now...................
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now..................."
Well when Spider-Man first started..he didn't meet and marry Mary Jane right away.He had an extensive history before MJ even came into the picture.Judging by the way the series is going..it seems to be sort of starting his storyline over...adding old characters and elements to knew storyline.So I am not at all worried that Spider-Man won't meet and be with MJ again.
Moderator
#32 Posted by Thunder Wave (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we don't see another One/Brand New Day in the upcoming years

#33 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now..................."
Well when Spider-Man first started..he didn't meet and marry Mary Jane right away.He had an extensive history before MJ even came into the picture.Judging by the way the series is going..it seems to be sort of starting his storyline over...adding old characters and elements to knew storyline.So I am not at all worried that Spider-Man won't meet and be with MJ again."

But MJ made the comic intresting and although it is being re told how can it be if MJ was in the picture where she and Peter were going out and now the guy is all alone...... Now he's even dating and other girls are after him...... how does MJ have a chance with all that Especially since she's not there!!!!!
#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now..................."
Well when Spider-Man first started..he didn't meet and marry Mary Jane right away.He had an extensive history before MJ even came into the picture.Judging by the way the series is going..it seems to be sort of starting his storyline over...adding old characters and elements to knew storyline.So I am not at all worried that Spider-Man won't meet and be with MJ again."

But MJ made the comic intresting and although it is being re told how can it be if MJ was in the picture where she and Peter were going out and now the guy is all alone...... Now he's even dating and other girls are after him...... how does MJ have a chance with all that Especially since she's not there!!!!!"
MJ made the comic interesting? How? She was just Spider-Man's wife? That's it? It's not like she had power or anything.Also remember Spider-Man dated Gwen Stacy before MJ.
Moderator
#35 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now..................."
Well when Spider-Man first started..he didn't meet and marry Mary Jane right away.He had an extensive history before MJ even came into the picture.Judging by the way the series is going..it seems to be sort of starting his storyline over...adding old characters and elements to knew storyline.So I am not at all worried that Spider-Man won't meet and be with MJ again."

But MJ made the comic intresting and although it is being re told how can it be if MJ was in the picture where she and Peter were going out and now the guy is all alone...... Now he's even dating and other girls are after him...... how does MJ have a chance with all that Especially since she's not there!!!!!"
MJ made the comic interesting? How? She was just Spider-Man's wife? That's it? It's not like she had power or anything.Also remember Spider-Man dated Gwen Stacy before MJ."

Yeah but unlike Gwen she was outgoing and was not reserved...... she was there because she wanted to and didn't do stuff because she was told..... MJ was indipendent while Gwen was only loving and wonderful, MJ was head strong....... I love both of the girls but Gwen is dead and the only thing that was moral support for Peter when he was Spidey is gone..... because not only did everybody forget he was Peter but also MJ was her "normal" thing in his life.
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now..................."
Well when Spider-Man first started..he didn't meet and marry Mary Jane right away.He had an extensive history before MJ even came into the picture.Judging by the way the series is going..it seems to be sort of starting his storyline over...adding old characters and elements to knew storyline.So I am not at all worried that Spider-Man won't meet and be with MJ again."

But MJ made the comic intresting and although it is being re told how can it be if MJ was in the picture where she and Peter were going out and now the guy is all alone...... Now he's even dating and other girls are after him...... how does MJ have a chance with all that Especially since she's not there!!!!!"
MJ made the comic interesting? How? She was just Spider-Man's wife? That's it? It's not like she had power or anything.Also remember Spider-Man dated Gwen Stacy before MJ."

Yeah but unlike Gwen she was outgoing and was not reserved...... she was there because she wanted to and didn't do stuff because she was told..... MJ was indipendent while Gwen was only loving and wonderful, MJ was head strong....... I love both of the girls but Gwen is dead and the only thing that was moral support for Peter when he was Spidey is gone..... because not only did everybody forget he was Peter but also MJ was her "normal" thing in his life."
I actually thought Gwen Stacy was more interesting than MJ.MJ is too perfect.She doesn't have many flaws.Outgoing doesn't mean much in comics.The arc that led to Gwen's death was one of the best in Spider-Man storywise.MJ is independent...but Gwen isn't? The same Gwen Stacy who slept with Norman Osborn? That's soooo loving of her...huh? My point of bringing up Gwen was..Just because Peter is dating someone now..doesn't mean they will be together forever..you see evidence of that with Gwen and MJ.So there is still a possibility Peter will meet MJ again and they will be together.
Moderator
#37 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"sora_thekey said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't miss Mary Jane...because I know she'll be back."

So far it doesn't seem like it and if she does come back it might be 5 years from now..................."
Well when Spider-Man first started..he didn't meet and marry Mary Jane right away.He had an extensive history before MJ even came into the picture.Judging by the way the series is going..it seems to be sort of starting his storyline over...adding old characters and elements to knew storyline.So I am not at all worried that Spider-Man won't meet and be with MJ again."

But MJ made the comic intresting and although it is being re told how can it be if MJ was in the picture where she and Peter were going out and now the guy is all alone...... Now he's even dating and other girls are after him...... how does MJ have a chance with all that Especially since she's not there!!!!!"
MJ made the comic interesting? How? She was just Spider-Man's wife? That's it? It's not like she had power or anything.Also remember Spider-Man dated Gwen Stacy before MJ."

Yeah but unlike Gwen she was outgoing and was not reserved...... she was there because she wanted to and didn't do stuff because she was told..... MJ was indipendent while Gwen was only loving and wonderful, MJ was head strong....... I love both of the girls but Gwen is dead and the only thing that was moral support for Peter when he was Spidey is gone..... because not only did everybody forget he was Peter but also MJ was her "normal" thing in his life."
I actually thought Gwen Stacy was more interesting than MJ.MJ is too perfect.She doesn't have many flaws.Outgoing doesn't mean much in comics.The arc that led to Gwen's death was one of the best in Spider-Man storywise.MJ is independent...but Gwen isn't? The same Gwen Stacy who slept with Norman Osborn? That's soooo loving of her...huh? My point of bringing up Gwen was..Just because Peter is dating someone now..doesn't mean they will be together forever..you see evidence of that with Gwen and MJ.So there is still a possibility Peter will meet MJ again and they will be together."
Actually You are right and I have to agree............... Gwen Stacy was the perfect woman for Peter and you are right the arc when she was killed was one of the best story arcs in comic book history. I always put MJ far more intreasting because she was a party girl while Gwen was a book worm compared to MJ and that made her good for Peter (Oposites atract) but the whole Gwen Stacy slept with Osborn story sucked!!!!!!!!!!! Gwen would never do that to Peter and the writer still messed her up...... The only good outcome of that was the Stacy twins which I found very intresting. True the fact that Peter is dating of course doesn't mean he'll marry the girl but it does mean he's forgeting MJ...... So there is a posibility she comes back but I still think about this: Peter chose May over MJ, he chose to forget her and is dating so either he's moving on or peer presure has gotten to him...... Ok she might come back but adding to that she will come back after making a deal with the devil (literaly)....... How good an outcome do you think will come out of this....... It's The Death of MJ!!!!!!!

But that's just my point of view!
#38 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are a very hard public to please!!
I liked Mary Jane. - Gwen could have been the perfect woman to Peter, Mary Jane  was actually the perfect woman to Peter. For a long time in fact.

Maybe it's just the fact I grew up with the Peter+MJ concept that make it hard to let go, but I do liked her, and somehow I miss her.

#39 Posted by Princess Melody (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Never been a fan. =/

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"i always wondered why this character existed? She's so obnoxious."
She exists to play the fantasy that even a geek can get a hot girl once in a while..so that actual geeks who read Spider-Man can have hope.
Moderator
#41 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan but never understood why they removed her from the big picture

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I'm not a fan but never understood why they removed her from the big picture"
When you basically start your life over..you don't get to keep your hot wife.
Moderator
#43 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

wasn't the idea behind that to make Spider-man cool/relatable again? What is it not cool to be married?

#44 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"wasn't the idea behind that to make Spider-man cool/relatable again? What is it not cool to be married?"
Actually it isn't.
Moderator
#45 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

touched a spot there? ;P

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"touched a spot there? ;P"
lol.
Moderator
#47 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
She exists to play the fantasy that even a geek can get a hot girl once in a while..so that actual geeks who read Spider-Man can have hope."

Well it's true. But the dude is not your typical nerd. He's strong and muscled. And he's not like an internet nerd. He's actually pretty intelligent; he invented some pretty cool stuff. Ironman said to him he could be rich with his mind and invention, especially with the webs.

So I believe that ruins pretty much the fantasies to most of the readers. I'm mean who accomplish half of what he did?

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"Vance Astro said:
She exists to play the fantasy that even a geek can get a hot girl once in a while..so that actual geeks who read Spider-Man can have hope."

Well it's true. But the dude is not your typical nerd. He's strong and muscled. And he's not like an internet nerd. He's actually pretty intelligent; he invented some pretty cool stuff. Ironman said to him he could be rich with his mind and invention, especially with the webs.

So I believe that ruins pretty much the fantasies to most of the readers. I'm mean who accomplish half of what he did?

"
The magnitude of his geek persona isn't the point.Just because he can accomplish what no ordinary geek can..doesn't destroy the hope.As long as he is a geek the connection is there.And Parker is such a nerd.Do you remember the issue during One More Day when he talked to himself when he was 15? 15 yr old Parker was such a lame.
Moderator
#49 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you read The Sensational Spider-Man Annual #1 ?

Talking about nerdness.... Mary Jane offered him a tape with love songs she picked herself and he gave her a tape about magnetism. Get it? Magnetism? Attraction?

You see my frustration, that never really happen and that just make me GREEN MAD!

I really enjoyed that issue. (Probably for the reasons you stated before)

#50 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"wasn't the idea behind that to make Spider-man cool/relatable again?"

Too bad cool people don't give up being married to a supermodel to go back to living with their aunt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.