Your favorite version of Marvels Superman?

#1 Posted by E.Nigma (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is your favorite, Hyperion, Sentry, Gladiator or even Wonderman. Mine is Wonderman, just because he was the first on the scene.
#2 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Wonder Man is an analogue for Superman at all, really. He has similar powers, but his backstory and everything don't even come close, nor does his costume. Any of them.

I suppose if I had to pick one it would be Gladiator, since one of my fondest memories of him was from the 90's Animated Series when he debuted, it just showed a POV of him flying through space, than the air, than SMACK into The Juggernaut! I had seen Gladiator before, but until that point, hadn't realized how powerful he was.

...But then Cannonball beat him. ARGH!!!

#3 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion

#5 Posted by E.Nigma (129 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
"I don't think Wonder Man is an analogue for Superman at all, really. He has similar powers, but his backstory and everything don't even come close, nor does his costume. Any of them.  I suppose if I had to pick one it would be Gladiator, since one of my fondest memories of him was from the 90's Animated Series when he debuted, it just showed a POV of him flying through space, than the air, than SMACK into The Juggernaut! I had seen Gladiator before, but until that point, hadn't realized how powerful he was.  ...But then Cannonball beat him. ARGH!!! "

yes I know none of them look like him or have the same story but this is in terms of power.
#6 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@E.Nigma said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
"I don't think Wonder Man is an analogue for Superman at all, really. He has similar powers, but his backstory and everything don't even come close, nor does his costume. Any of them.  I suppose if I had to pick one it would be Gladiator, since one of my fondest memories of him was from the 90's Animated Series when he debuted, it just showed a POV of him flying through space, than the air, than SMACK into The Juggernaut! I had seen Gladiator before, but until that point, hadn't realized how powerful he was.  ...But then Cannonball beat him. ARGH!!! "
yes I know none of them look like him or have the same story but this is in terms of power. "
Oh, well...I guess he works then.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry & Blue Marvel.

#8 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator

#9 Posted by Bastion the Master--Sentinel (60 posts) - - Show Bio

gladiator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.