Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

X-Men: Apocalypse To Be Direct Sequel to DOFP

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

its all making sense now

Back in the Spring, and after we’d had a chat around the release of Jack the Giant Slayer, Bryan Singer left me convinced that Apocalypse will be appearing in next year’s X-Men mega-tentpole Days of Future Past.

I set about doing some digging, way back then, and have been asking around to see what I could find out at every opportune moment ever since. Certain things were slowly coming into focus, but nothing became really sharp until yesterday.

Which was when 20th Century Fox announced X-Men: Apocalypse for release on May 27th 2016.

This verified info that I’d been receiving but hadn’t quite confirmed as yet. It suggests that all of the attendant info was also correct.

So, as of now, here’s how I believe it stands, based on intel from folk who’d been telling me an Apocalypse film would follow Days.

Days of Future Past will lead directly into Apocalypse. There’s a clear narrative thread that will string the two pictures together, and the character of Apocalypse is a good part of how this will work.

Several cast members of Days of Future Past will be wanted back for Apocalypse, including members of both the “past” and “present” timelines.

I can’t find out who has signed or even who might have entered negotiations, but I do know who is on the shopping list and, in short, it’s everybody. Or, to be more precise, it’s a direct continuation, a next chapter that picks up the status quo at the end of Days and carries on developing it.

This doesn’t mean there won’t be new characters. Several new characters. And that some old favourites will get much smaller roles. Because that’s all expected too.

I believe that the basic plan is a pretty old one, at least in basic terms. I now wonder if the returning Days cast were in fact signed up for multiple pictures. That’s how long ago Singer had this basic idea in mind, in any case.

Which isn’t to say he’ll direct the film. My hunch is that he will, but we’ll see. There’s likely to be an announcement on that before any other element of the production.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/06/x-men-apocalypse-to-be-direct-sequel-to-days-of-future-past-with-many-of-the-same-cast/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool, it's a shame you can't have all the horsemen and that Rogue will probably be forever depowered while Ms Marvel lives in Limbo.... I am curious what the story would be like.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool, it's a shame you can't have all the horsemen and that Rogue will probably be forever depowered while Ms Marvel lives in Limbo.... I am curious what the story would be like.

im thinking its dofp apocalypse than xforce. i know fox is trying to build there own universe so maybe thats the route they will go?

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it actually called Xmen apocalypse? Because Xmen age of apocalypse really just sounds way better.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TazzMission

@goobot said:

Is it actually called Xmen apocalypse? Because Xmen age of apocalypse really just sounds way better.

i think its just a place holder for now and im betting it will be age of apocalypse once they start production

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

@tazzmission: So base it on the Fox cartoon series from the 90s? Ok I can see that happening, making Bishop the main charecter and having alternate universe future x-men...

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Magneto rip Abin Sur in half!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@oscars94 said:

I want to see Magneto rip Abin Sur in half!

Abin Sur???

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

@goddamnironman: Hehe, yeah, but Abin Sur isnt metal is he... Or do you mean with a knife crafted from Abin Surs ring? ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ok, I would like to see Magneto take on the Green Lantern Corp now, sorry if I was being a swine, I didn't mean offence I confuse names all the time, especially when they are so similar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TazzMission

It's ok, I would like to see Magneto take on the Green Lantern Corp now, sorry if I was being a swine, I didn't mean offence I confuse names all the time, especially when they are so similar.

magneto would lose since pretty much 99.9% of gls arent even metal.................

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TazzMission

@oscars94 said:

@tazzmission: He's still pretty powerful.

even though i find him really over rated but hal jordan alone would turn magneto into his own personal condom and bang mystique wile wearing him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: What? Where has it ever said the rings aren't metal? What sort of meteorite isn't metal? I will need to brush up on mr Green Lantern mythology, I'm pretty sure both the lantern and the ring are metallic, I'd like to know what they are if not? But the ring does protect against metal, so magneto couldn't use metal projectiles. Anyway, never going to happen lol, so it doesn't mater.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: What? Where has it ever said the rings aren't metal? What sort of meteorite isn't metal? I will need to brush up on mr Green Lantern mythology, I'm pretty sure both the lantern and the ring are metallic, I'd like to know what they are if not? But the ring does protect against metal, so magneto couldn't use metal projectiles. Anyway, never going to happen lol, so it doesn't mater.

well in johns run it was confirmed it was oan technology so that can mean anything

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh never mind I have not read Dr Polaris batle with the green lantern, ill add the wiki link but ill look for the comic on the DC app too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Polaris

However if Magneto is more powerful surely he would also block the green lanterns ability to recharge the ring? Anyway ill read the comic before I comment again ;)

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Oh it's like Thors Hammer then? Sometimes Magneto can control it, sometimes he can't... Ok then ill say, sometimes magneto blocks all of green lanters forcefields with his magnetic fields and crushes the ring on his finger, turns it into a green bullet and shoots the green lantern in the head, and sometime his powers can't control the metal and will overcomes magnetism and green lanter ties Magneto up and imprisons him somewhere metal free... Depending on the point of view...

I'm still looking for the right comic for the battle between the green lantern and Dr Polaris that Wikipedia alludes to :)

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

fantomex.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.