Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Would you like if Marvel was in Kingdom Hearts?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By TifaLockhart

Poll Would you like if Marvel was in Kingdom Hearts? (37 votes)

Yes 49%
    No 24%
    Maybe so 27%

I voted yes btw.

• 
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I personally wouldn't care if they didn't and I wouldn't be too excited if they did. I mean, I would be very curious about it. I'd wonder what Universe/Canon would they go with but... I've never played Kingdom Hearts... so...

(+)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

I chose maybe so because I haven't played Kingdom Hearts since ... I think the 2nd? I think it would be really cool but I don't think I'd get overwhelmed with excitement.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So long as they kick DC out of the water

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, why not?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yea it wuld be pretti cool

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

I've thought about it before, and I'm thinking they could do it in the same manner as the Winnie the Pooh books in previous Kingdom Hearts games, where you're finding pages and that unlocks more parts of the world/map/plot/events. Completely optional, but that's the only way I could think of to give a good overview of the entire Marvel Universe: You could have one event be a crisis at Avengers Mansion, working alongside Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Another in Latveria, working alongside Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, Black Widow, and Captain America in the Secret War. Another at the Baxter Building, fighting alongside the Fantastic Four and She-Hulk. Another fighting alongside some classic X-Men. And so on.

Each one having a puzzle to do and a boss battle of some sort, with major villains becoming Heartless, culminating at the climax of Infinity, with a Heartless Thanos and Sora fighting along the current Avengers roster.

Perhaps it ends with you getting a unique summon and a new keyblade, allowing you to summon Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Captain America. Obviously the final summon you'd get, crazy powerful, and in order for it to be reasonable, Heartless Thanos would be on the same difficulty level as Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

And of course, the special summon move would be called, 'Avengers Assemble'.

If that hasn't sold you, imagine getting a new level of the Thunder spell from Thor, or a new level of Fire from the Human Torch. Blizzard from Iceman, and so on.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd probably be alright with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Yes.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup Star Wars too.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would be happ with it. If not the main marvel niverse i could see 1602 for sure.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I just don't want it nor see it happening. The tonal shift would be too drastic and it would muck up the already convoluted story unnecessarily. The same goes for Star Wars too, I don't want that within 10 feet of Kingdom Hearts 3. Now Pixar films would fit right in and I hope Toy Story and The Incredibles are in KH3. Monsters Inc would fit in well too what with the doors to the human world and all that.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Poze11

yes, I like that

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to go with "No". It's not that I think it's an inherently bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the KH series and an even bigger fan of Marvel, it's just that I don't think it would be properly implemented. First off, I feel like the Marvel Universe is waaaaay too huge to be restricted to a single level of a KH game. Secondly, I don't think the Marvel characters would fit in as well as other characters because, while they are owned by Disney, they aren't really Disney Characters. To me, they just don't really mesh with the overall feel of the other Disney characters.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By MakkyD

Why does Kingdom Hearts seem to be the most popular JRPG series on here?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Yes , I will down with that .

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JonSmith

@maccyd said:

Why does Kingdom Hearts seem to be the most popular JRPG series on here?

Most of us grew up with Disney. Most of us like video games. There aren't a lot of (see: any) good Disney video games. Any port in a storm, y'know?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MakkyD

@jonsmith: Suppose, when I did play it, I liked seeing all the aspects from my childhood in it. Wasn't fond of the gameplay however, the constant spamming of heartless annoyed me at the time. It was a while ago since I played, might try it again with 1.5 now out. Though disney isn't really the first choice for a game topic for most people, I'd imagine.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Suppose, when I did play it, I liked seeing all the aspects from my childhood in it. Wasn't fond of the gameplay however, the constant spamming of heartless annoyed me at the time. It was a while ago since I played, might try it again with 1.5 now out. Though disney isn't really the first choice for a game topic for most people, I'd imagine.

You kidding? Gamers LOVE their nostalgia. Hell, that's pretty much the sole reason Nintendo is still kicking around.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Lol, I'm a member of gog.com, you don't need to explain :P

Though in this "realistic/mature" age of video gaming, anything that isn't dark/gritty is usually laughed at by "hardcore" gamers, but anyway.

Also, it probably didn't hurt that it was one of the first major Final Fantasy crossovers either ;)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just for a brief crossover.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a "marvel world" would be cool

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MideonNViscera

I say throw Star Wars in too. They've used the best Disney worlds multiple times so new ones would be great, especially when Marvel and Star Wars are options. I'd still like to visit an actual FF world though.

EDIT: Final Fantasy, not Fantastic Four haha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.