Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Would a Howard the Duck book work now?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

Edited By Teerack

Poll Would a Howard the Duck book work now? (8 votes)

Yes 50%
    No 50%

I think after seeing how much I like the Rocket Racoon book I would like a Howard the Duck book if it was done in a similar style.

• 
    Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hayden86

Hmm hard to tell with all the propaganda going around. SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE ™: DUCKTALES - YouTube

Check it out nsfw content.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Howard the Duck comics, published from 1976 to 1979, teem with potential for a stellar, irreverent, R-rated sci-fi/comedy film franchise. Lucas and co. managed to turn one of the smartest mainstream comics of its era into bumbling pablum intended to amuse only the most undiscerning children.

Would a PC Marvel publish a book that pokes a stick at social and political satire. Probably not.

Would Marvel Studios have the guts to hire Edgar Wright again and give him full creative control to make a Howard the Duck film??? One can only hope.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Only if they manage to resurrect Steve Gerber.

BB

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: I sort of think that only letting Gerber writer Howard is a huge part of why he never caught on.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@teerack said:

@billy_batson: I sort of think that only letting Gerber writer Howard is a huge part of why he never caught on.

He's the only reason why the character worked.

BB

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack
    @billy_batson said:

@teerack said:

He's the only reason why the character worked.

BB

But the character clearly didn't work that is why this thread exists.

The current team on Rocket Racoon would probably do great on a Howard book, and there is also a ton of indie writers who have similar characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.