Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Worlds Collide - Spider-man voiced by Big Time voice actor!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

Edited By FoxxFireArt

No Caption Provided

Worlds Collide - Spider-man voiced by Big Time voice actor

If it wasn't for Ramos. I could really care less.
     If it wasn't for Ramos. I could really care less.
    As I was doing some "consumer research" into the latest Spider-man comic story titled Big Time. I came across a youtube video off the Marvelofficial youtube channel that has linked the words of of both comics and anime with a voice actor that many on Anime Viceare familiar with. U.S comics and anime have collided.

Johnny Yong Bosch as Spider-man
     Johnny Yong Bosch as Spider-man
    I do want say that Spider-man used to be one of my favorite comics. That was until the previous editor-in-chief, Joe Quesada, butchered any potential the comic had to be an actual story when he created his own story, the infamous One More Day (O.M.D.) arc. The one where to correct his own mistake, Peter went to Marvel's own devil. The hero that was based around taking responsibility for his actions shook the hands of the devil and made a deal willingly. The price of that was his marriage. Peter's marriage to Mary Jane and events involved were just erased from continuity. Quesada's rationale for this story breaking arc. He didn't think Peter Parker should be married. Rather than a divorce. He had a deal with the devil that erased decades of continuity and character development. Ever since, I've been boycotting all Spider-man comics as long as Quesada was attached. The words I've been hearing out of the new editor-in-chief have been less than impressive.

The reason for the new Spider-girl is because the previous one was Peter Parker's daughter in the future. After O.M.D., that character was wiped completely from continuity and replaced with a current time line character.

You are probably questioning why I was doing consumer research on a comic series I say I'm boycotting. Well, I am a huge fan of the current artist, Humberto Ramos, lead artist of Crimson. I've been considering just buying this story in the trade paperback and keeping the boycott going for any further stories.

As I was surfing youtube looking into Big Time. I came across a trailer. I thought I would give it a shot, but the first voice I heard was unmistakable. I've been hearing it for years in dub work on some pretty big animes. Now, I haven't been able to confirm this independently, but the voice of Spider-man in this trailer is non other than the voice English dub voice of Vash the Stampede, Ichigo Kurosaki, and Lelouch Lamperouge. You got it, Johnny Yong Bosch. He has past credit in TV series such as Power Rangers.

Johnny does a pretty decent job as Peter Parker. I will say, my favorite Spider-man voice is still Neil Patrick Harris.

I'm always taken how users are always telling me to "Give Big Time a shot.". They go on with their praise and try and make the case that it all makes up for what Quesada did in the past. Far as I see it. You don't get credit and praise for fixing what you purposefully broke. Yes, things may have changed, but so what? How long until Marvel undoes these changes and treats them as if they never happened? Nothing ever has any meaning or consequence. There is just no more reason for me to care about anything that happens in these series anymore. 

There is also this new girlfriend. Why is Peter dating anyone now? Quesada has plainly stated that this will never go anywhere. He thinks Peter shouldn't be married and Marvel obviously agreed. The fun about reading relationships is that you never know where it's going to go. Could this relationship end next month, or could she become the next Mary Jane? Well, she wont. Marvel will never let it go anywhere of interest. To know the outcome from the start is boring. They have telegraphed the outcome of any relationship he will ever have. If this has no meaning but to be the cliche "hide the secret identity from the girlfriend" peril, why is it even in the story? It's meaningless.

I've also gotten push back for my statement now calling Spider-man "Iron Man Jr.". From what I have read, I say it applies. Rather than using his existing powers in new and exciting ways, Spider-man is creating powered suits to deal with new threats. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was just this once. He's done special suits in the past, but they are years apart. In a month or so, he's getting another suit. This one appears to be body armor. Will there be another one after that? Both Spider-man and Iron Man now create specific suits in order to deal with a new threat. He's another Iron Man.

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ animevice / @ FoxxFireArt

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.