Will Marvel ever have its own MAU?

#1 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

The way marvel handles their new animated shows really bothers me.They have great potential, but marvel focuses on slap stick,unfunny jokes, and incoherent/confusing action scenes.My favorite Marvel show has to The Avengers: Earth's Mightest Hero's, but it was aired really short and cancelled for a subpar Avengers series.X-men was also great but it was surrounded by other 90's marvel shows that were nowhere near as good.And the Spectacular Spiderman show had alot of potential but was also gone too quickly.

DC has had great shows like Batman TAS,Superman TAS,Statick Shock, the JL series,Young Justice,Batman Beyond,Teen Titans,Batman BATB,and some other series that have substance,interesting characters, and stories good enough to compete with the comics.

Do you think that marvel has the potential to make it's own DCAU equivilant.

#2 Posted by HumanRocket (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually marvel already does have its own MAU. Avengrs Assemeble, ultimate spider-man and Hulk agent of smash are all in the same universe the ultimate universe. I do agree with u that alot of marvels previous shows ended too soon but hey that's marvel for u.

#3 Posted by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason you probably don't like a lot of these shows is because they are meant for children.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22542 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the X-men, Hulk vs., Thor: Tales of Asgard, and Avengers: EMH were all set in the same universe

all of the shows from the 90's were all set in the same universe as well

#5 Posted by JetiiMitra (8627 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, with the MCU making billions, there's kinda no need.

#6 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: So were alot of DC shows but they still had substance and were not only for child enjoyment.

#7 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: @danhimself: I didn't word it correctly, really what I'm asking is will marvel have it's own equivilant to the DCAU.

#8 Posted by HumanRocket (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: yes they can but not with any of he current series they have. Again the best thing marvel had going with its animated shows was avengers EMH. They took elements from the comics and portrayed them well (secret invasion,the winter soldier, the skrull kree war). But marvel for its deals a decided to not continue the series which could have lead up to a civil war event. This mainly happened becuz marvel banked big with the avengers movie and based its current avengers animated show from the roster from the movie. The thin about DC animated shows is that there always been appealing to mature audiences look at The Flash Point Paradox movie. Marvel is owned by Disney so there's no way there going to be coming out with anything in the mines of maturity content that DC is able to dish out in its movies and shows.

#9 Edited by danhimself (22542 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: yes they can but not with any of he current series they have. Again the best thing marvel had going with its animated shows was avengers EMH. They took elements from the comics and portrayed them well (secret invasion,the winter soldier, the skrull kree war). But marvel for its deals a decided to not continue the series which could have lead up to a civil war event. This mainly happened becuz marvel banked big with the avengers movie and based its current avengers animated show from the roster from the movie. The thin about DC animated shows is that there always been appealing to mature audiences look at The Flash Point Paradox movie. Marvel is owned by Disney so there's no way there going to be coming out with anything in the mines of maturity content that DC is able to dish out in its movies and shows.

it really doesn't have anything to do with Disney...EMH was done by Marvel while they were owned by Disney...the problem is Loeb being the head of Marvel's television division and him believing that cartoons should only be made for children and that children can't handle complex story arcs or characters...that's why EMH went downhill towards the end of the series and why it was cancelled in favor of Avengers Assemble

#10 Posted by HumanRocket (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: this Loeb u speak of has made my get revenge on list now.

#11 Posted by Wolfrazer (6704 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm....perhaps if the GotG movie turns out good next year, we can get an animated series of that!

#12 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually marvel already does have its own MAU. Avengrs Assemeble, ultimate spider-man and Hulk agent of smash are all in the same universe the ultimate universe.

Will Marvel ever have it's own good MAU?

#13 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonelrunaway:

I can't speak for the Avengers show but Hulk and Spider-Man are on an upward quality trajectory... Some moving faster than others.

#14 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonelrunaway:

I can't speak for the Avengers show but Hulk and Spider-Man are on an upward quality trajectory... Some moving faster than others.

Completely disagree. The shows are slightly better than when they started but that doesn't mean anything really. All of them are still awful imo

#15 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: this Loeb u speak of has made my get revenge on list now.

Revenge? He's on my kill list......

#16 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare:

Any improvement however small I a good thing. It seems we agree on what I happening but disagree on it's importance.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (83579 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel fails to be patient enough to really develop an entertaining animated universe of their own. They generally concentrate on a mere handful of characters while leaving hundreds of potentially great Marvel characters unused. They also lack a cohesive art-style/look for their characters and series' and they too often rely on humor to entertain.

#18 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel fails to be patient enough to really develop an entertaining animated universe of their own. They generally concentrate on a mere handful of characters while leaving hundreds of potentially great Marvel characters unused. They also lack a cohesive art-style/look for their characters and series' and they too often rely on humor to entertain.

So pretty much what DC does with live-action movies?

#19 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Not with Jeff Loeb still around.

#20 Posted by PowerHerc (83579 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

So pretty much what DC does with live-action movies?

Pretty much.

#21 Posted by HumanRocket (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: well I was thinking for my revenge to go to his house ring his door bell and running away before he opens the door forever leavin him with the I know mystery of who rang the door bell which would escalate to his inevitable insanity but a kill list sounds good too.

#22 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

If they had kept SSM, Wolverine and the X-Men, and EMH going Marvel, could have started something with a lot of potential.

#23 Edited by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio

If they had kept SSM, Wolverine and the X-Men, and EMH going Marvel, could have started something with a lot of potential.

This. Those three shows were easily the best Marvel have ever made, they could have crossed over.

EMH had the idea going

#24 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: well I was thinking for my revenge to go to his house ring his door bell and running away before he opens the door forever leavin him with the I know mystery of who rang the door bell which would escalate to his inevitable insanity but a kill list sounds good too.

He deserves it for cancelling EMH and Wolverine for all these crappy shows!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.