Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Why isn't Quicksilver more featured in Marvel?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MuyJingo

Speedsters are a pretty big thing in the DCU. Marvel only seems to have Quicksilver. In that case, why isn't he featured more, assuming he is similarly powerful to Flash, who is a top tier hero in DCU?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

i would LOVE for this to happen

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By X35

Because he's not in any movies atm ;)

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enosisik

Because he's a part time villain and he's just not written as a very strong character if you add in his emotional state. I wish they would take advantage of his connection to Magneto and the X-men more rather than always writing the daddy issues involved . The Flash tv show wasn't exactly the best thing ever lol.

Cosmic_Hobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cosmic_Hobo

He's been given too many second chances already, at this point I feel they should just let him be a villain.

He's also not similarly powerful to Flash either, he is far slower. Marvel does have some other speedsters though, who I'd love to see get more of, such as Makkari, who I believe is lightspeed, and Northstar and Aurora are close.

There's also Monica Rambeau, although she has too many other powers to just be considered a speedster

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enosisik

They have the tornado guy too if he counts... The one that spins so fast that he's a living tornado. Anyway I wish Marvel did have a few more Quicksiver/Flash types but as you can tell Marvel just doesn't seem to care much for them.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

Good question

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

Although Stan Lee had big plans for Quicksilver from the beginning...meaning, he always intended him and his sister to become good guys and join the Avengers...I always like Pietro as a bad guy or a gray area character, like he is now....being a super hero doesn't work for him

I think he should start a new brotherhood or something

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

It's not about their power, it's about their character.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

He is, or at least was for some time from House Of M on up. I think personally what happened is his story and character became really convoluted (considering his tampering in House Of M, loss of powers, possession, issues with the Inhumans, issues with Crystal, lies, frequent turbulence over several different titles in a year around Dark Reign and Siege, ect.) and writers may be a little cautious about how to approach his character at this point in time, and now feature him less prominently as a result. As a guess mind you, just noticing how outgoing he was for a couple years than how he was pulled back into more of a background character recently.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.