Why is Marvel making a Big Hero 6?

#1 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY IN THE WORLD is Marvel/Disney making a Big Hero 6 movie. The though of it makes me laugh. I know Marvel wants to show that they have more characters than the avengers, but this is not the way to go. Thank god this movie is just an animated and not live action, because that would destroy the cinematic universe. I understand Disney wants to make this film for animation purposes but c'mon Black Panther or a Captain Marvel movie could of took this slot. I mean look at these guys nobody wants to see them running around saving the world. Give the fans what they want, if you wanted to make a team movie, you could of least done the Inhumans. This movie will be overshadowed next year by films like Transformers, Captain America2, Amazing Spiderman 2, Godzilla, this is a recipe for disaster. I don't like this idea at all.

Go ahead viners bash me and say that I need to "see the film first "but c'mon I am not the only one who is a little fed up with this idea

^^ugh

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious too!

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're complaining that Marvel/Disney is giving a lesser known group of characters a chance? You must love DC/WB's only Batman and Superman get a fair shot policy. I personally am glad this is happening, if it does well who knows what they might let happen next. Maybe we can get a Runaways animated movie out of it since obviously the live action one isn't gonna happen any time soon.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

You're overreacting

#5 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

No I love getting lesser known characters on the big screen and I'm actually against the DC policy as I clearly said black panther and ms.marvel(who btw aren't that known to noncomicbook fans)..but I would just rather see someone who is a "tiny bit" more known like you said with the runaways and I with the Inhumans.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: I agree that they deserve a movie too but see if this movie does end up being a massive success then it will only help get those other characters on the screen.

#7 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12504 posts) - - Show Bio

You're overreacting

So you're complaining that Marvel/Disney is giving a lesser known group of characters a chance? You must love DC/WB's only Batman and Superman get a fair shot policy. I personally am glad this is happening, if it does well who knows what they might let happen next. Maybe we can get a Runaways animated movie out of it since obviously the live action one isn't gonna happen any time soon.

I'm curious too!

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

You're overreacting

@joshmightbe said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'm curious too!

There has to be an audience for Marvel to do the movie.I think it's supposed to be directed at younger audiences/ children!

#9 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

hopefully it does well im still on the wall about it but I really don't want marvel to make a mistake

#10 Posted by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio

thank heavens we arent getting a black panther or captain marvel movie.... whew...

#11 Edited by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

THERE WILL BE A BLACK PANTHER MOVIE

#12 Posted by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

THERE WILL BE A BLACK PANTHER MOVIE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#13 Posted by Maddpanda531 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Because money.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I never read Big Hero 6, I can't really say if I hate this or not, but I'm glad that Marvel is concentrating on making movies of lesser known characters, although like everyone else, I would have liked to see a Runaways movie.

#15 Posted by HumanRocket (7396 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got made trade for Spider-Man Ends of Earth and I came across the Big Hero 6 for the first time. I liked them no complaints here :)

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: The only downside if Marvel makes a Runaways movie is that because of Fox we won't get to see Molly knock the hell out of Wolverine on the big screen.

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: The only downside if Marvel makes a Runaways movie is that because of Fox we won't get to see Molly knock the hell out of Wolverine on the big screen.

Oh yeah...and we might not see Cloak and Dagger make an appearance in this series. I really loved their appearance in this series!

#18 Edited by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Because ClanDestine is in rewrites.

#19 Posted by Oscars94 (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see The Runaways

#20 Edited by War Killer (19953 posts) - - Show Bio

I look at this the same way I look at the new Ant-Man movie, if these lesser known characters do great then Marvel will be willing to do a movie about any character. So if you really want movies made about your favorite characters, then instead of bashing movies like this you should support them even more.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32646 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it'll look good for the Asian market

#22 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Kratosrules1982 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could be a winner and hopefully in January we get the teaser

#24 Edited by homicidalmaniac (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel/Disney are showing their lesser known characters more sunlight.

#25 Edited by Kratosrules1982 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what i like about it! i am a fan of Disney and Marvel, i have been very pleased of how Disney handled the Marvel films and this animated movie could be as good as Wreck it Ralph or Frozen

#26 Edited by Black_Claw (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fairly interested in this movie. Although I'm a bit worried for it since it has the misfortune of coming after the gigantic mega hit known as Frozen.

#27 Edited by SettleForNothing (2 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't going to be a live action, so why does it bother you so much? I often hear people say DC Comics hardly ever gives lesser-known characters some success to revel in, whereas Marvel does, so this is just another one of those times. Not saying you have no reason to be concerned or even upset, because as a fan and human being, you have that right, but I won't lie and say you don't seem kind of ridiculous.

While the success (money and fame) from characters lies solely on how loved they are by the fans, or how accepting people will be, I do agree that some characters aren't worth giving the chance to, but I know absolutely nothing about the Big Hero 6, so I'm iffy about the situation as a whole.

#28 Edited by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@settlefornothing: I got over it a long time ago I'm actually excited about the movie now after seeing the trailer

#29 Edited by Vitalius (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Same reason why they made the Frozen movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.