Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Why does Hulk always have to win?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

Look I know he is "the strongest one there is", but there's more to fighting than just brute strength, so why does Hulk always have to win? I bought WW Hulk to see what the fuss was and whilst it was an entertaining read of sorts, it was ludicrous how he just trashed every other character who went up against up him and almost broke America. When I was a kid in the 70s, Hulk was rated a "9" in the strength category on my Marvel Top trumps, alongside Thor and Silver Surfer. Thor was always supposed to be as strong as Hulk, but with the added advantages of speed, flying, his hammer, lightning and general fighting skills honed through years of fighting on Asgard, ergo in a fight you'd expect Thor to edge it with his all round powers. Yet it seems when Thor and Hulk square up (i.e. the Avengers movie & the Hulk versus animated movie) Hulk is comfortably more powerful. Heck, Wolverine gave Hulk a better fight that Thor in the Hulk versus series!!

Does the Hulk need a bit of a re-boot like post crisis Superman to put him more on a par with other top line Marvel heroes, more like he was in the 70s and 80s?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

Hulk's fine. Sure his powerset isn't the most extravagant, but he's never needed it. He's supposed to be "the strongest one there is" for a reason. And while he isn't the strongest Marvel character, he is up there. Thor has plenty of attacks that beat Hulk, but if you take into consideration how characters operate, he won't use them and he has no need to start god blasting Hulk all the time, hence why he takes to melee combat and uses the lightning for the majority of the time. And considering you're basing things off non-canon media it isn't something to worry about. They aren't canon to the 616 media, so what happens in the movies is completely irrelevant.

So no. Hulk doesn't need a reboot. His character is fine the way he is right now.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i don't think hulk would be able to beat captain america. lol

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mk111

@darthphoenix:

....Really? Hulk could one-shot Cap, unless Cap runs away.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tigerkaya

I think he meant he country. But yeah Hulk would destroy Cap screw Fallen Son's logic.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Popularity, thats why characters like wolverine can fight with hulk or crappy movies like "hulk vs thor" can be made.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Popularity, thats why characters like wolverine can fight with hulk or crappy movies like "hulk vs thor" can be made.

Wolverine debuted fighting the Hulk. Popularity has nothing to do with Logan fighting him. Popularity does mean a character gets more showings, thus allowing for a greater chance of getting wins due to more exposure.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel wouldnt even dare put cap in a no-win situation.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

marvel wouldnt even dare put cap in a no-win situation.

H'whuh? Cap's lost plenty of fights....

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well now a days hulk has got alot smarter and got some fighting skills too.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My favourite

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a pretty beloved character. Bit different in the comics, but I think people just loved when he would get mad, turn into the hulk and scare the hell out of/and toss around the bad guys, like in the old live action series. The whole ...don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry, line is rather ingrained in the culture.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PowerHerc

The Hulk must always win because it's in Marvel's interest to show him as and promote him as an unbeatable powerhouse. It's business. Strictly business.

kbrackie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. He's a hero.

2. He's big as a house

3. I've never seen him pee on the front of his pants while taking a leak.

Stupid human!!!

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't always win, hell Hulk lost to DC's "Always wins" character - freaking Batman :P

rugrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus: how did batman beat him ?

Avatar image for lieutenant_awkward
    Lieutenant_Awkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rugrat said:

@tyrus: how did batman beat him ?

Apparently he beat him with some knockout gas and a kick to the solar plexus. Although in my opinion even someone with peak human physical strength like batman couldn't make the hulk whimper with a kick. Hulk's just too tough for that sort of thing.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By Strider1992

Because the writer said so?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Why do people keep making these same pointless threads?

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: He may not be the strongest, but he has the most strength, if that makes sense....... He may not the most power, but he has the most physical strength.....

harff4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Because the hulk has no problem fighting speedsters or flyers. no matter how high you fly the hulk can jump higher. And he also has unlimited gamma power which is the most powerful thing that we know of in real life.

jardern96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their is no question the hulk just can't be beat in head on physical confrontation as his strength is unlimited as his anger increases so often it is the weaker but more intelligent characters like somebody like batman beast or reed richards that could beat him using technology or a carefully prepared strategy

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Batman always win? Why does Superman always win? Because they are heroes and in the end the hero always wins.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SPIDERMAN beat the HULK in the original comics. Cap has claimed he beat the Hulk before. Hulk vs. was crap

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.