Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Why do Marvel films commonly take place on other universes?

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostRider88

Watched Iron Man: Rise of Technovore Anime film, it's pretty awesome but when I looked up this version of Hawkeye, I realized the film's Universe is Earth-101001. And it's not the first time I noticed that. Marvel's Agents of Shield is Earth-199999. Doctor Strange 'The Sorcerer Supreme: Earth-2772. "Hulk Vs" is Earth-8096. And so on & so forth, applying to both movies, TV-shows & animation films.... So, Why not Earth-616?

Thanks

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Lateralus

Because 616 is the main comic universe and if they made all their other media 616 they would become canon for the comics as well as the their other universe.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean they would become or have to come from genuine story arcs of comics? Not sure I understand what you mean by canon.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah. If something happens in one of those animated or live action movies then the comics would have to keep with the same story arcs and vise versa.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GhostRider88

Ohhh ok I see what you're saying. And yeah that does make sense too because anytime there have been films from the main earth-616, a series eventually came out for it, usually a mini-series. Thank you my friend, appreciate the help. Didn't realize how simple it was lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.