Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Why Are All Of Marvels Most Powerful...

• 92 results
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

My list:

Namor
    Dan Ketch
    X-Man
    Cable
    Rachel Summers
    Iceman
    Nova (human, powerful, brown hair / brown eyes. Deal with it)

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@SC said:
     Tis okay, it is an unusual clarification. Personally I consider Namor, Hercules, Gilgamesh, Jean Grey, Jamie Braddock (he has helped more than Franklin) Hope, Rogue, as powerful enough to consider. I dunno, your inclusion of Ms Marvel sort of drops the curve. Unless you consider her really, really powerful which is cool. I would say Xavier, Wonder-Man, Mimic, Michael Pointer, and quite a few others would make the cut.  "

Both of your reply's were rather good and insightful. I'm going to address this one only for conciseness.   
    Namor is very powerful, but I don't think he can manipulate spacetime, energy and matter, you know stuff like that. 
    Why do people keep saying Hercules? I know he has had a recent upgrade, but what has he actually done so far. 
    Gilgamesh??? I don't know anything about him. 
    Jean again?!? Why...
    I thought Jammie was a villain... 
    Hope??? Oh you're talking about that baby Cable was protecting. Let me think of that one.
    Rogue. NO! 
    Ms Marvel was once Binary, that's why I considered her.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By SC  Moderator

Wonder-man has been described as having Sentry level strength in one of his most recent appearances and as being able to hit as hard as Thor on many occasions as well. He doesn't count?  

Nova the guy who beat Annihilus and actually had a reasonably decent showing against Surfer and IIRC dismantled the Thunderbolts with relative ease.  

Green Hulk is just about to get into a brawl with a Sky Father and since its Pak he will probably look really good as well. How can he not be powerful enough? Then I guess Red Hulk counts now too. Thats Four for Four.  

Unless you mention Valkyrie? Cause she's blonde with blue eyes, and I am sort of offended you don't recognize her power. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Omega-level Supreme said:
    "

Hope??? Oh you're talking about that baby Cable was protecting. Let me think of that one. "
    Yeah, cuz' she's a weakling.

Oh....

No Caption Provided
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: 
    Wonderman is strong indeed, I excluded him because the people I mention have way more going for them than he does. Northstar can match the characters I mentioned in speed, but lacks their strenght. Likewise, Wonderman possess their level of strength but he isn't able to manipulate the weather. Franklin Richards doesn't have their speed or strength but he's a reality warper (which trumps all) so I included him. Do you see where I'm going?.. 

Apply that to the next to statements. 

Who is Valkyrie?

@JediXMan:

Okay... whose TC? If you want to talk about something else in this thread, my fault. I use to love derailing back in the day. So don't let me stop you. 

I remember Nova now. After Annihilation he inherented all the powers of the Nova Corps... that might work, I still have to think about it though. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SC  Moderator
    " @SC said:
     Tis okay, it is an unusual clarification. Personally I consider Namor, Hercules, Gilgamesh, Jean Grey, Jamie Braddock (he has helped more than Franklin) Hope, Rogue, as powerful enough to consider. I dunno, your inclusion of Ms Marvel sort of drops the curve. Unless you consider her really, really powerful which is cool. I would say Xavier, Wonder-Man, Mimic, Michael Pointer, and quite a few others would make the cut.  "

Both of your reply's were rather good and insightful. I'm going to address this one only for conciseness.   
    Namor is very powerful, but I don't think he can manipulate spacetime, energy and matter, you know stuff like that. 
    Why do people keep saying Hercules? I know he has had a recent upgrade, but what has he actually done so far. 
    Gilgamesh??? I don't know anything about him. 
    Jean again?!? Why...
    I thought Jammie was a villain... 
    Hope??? Oh you're talking about that baby Cable was protecting. Let me think of that one.
    Rogue. NO! 
    Ms Marvel was once Binary, that's why I considered her. "

No probs boss, I'll reply likewise. 

Namor - was the first superhero to fly, even before Superman. He was The Capital to a T The Original Marvel powerhouse.  
    Hercules -  Has always been pretty impressive, and Thor's equal in strength. You know one time, he and Thor punched each other's fists bro style, and shut down a dimensional rift. lol Crazy right?  
    Gilgamesh -  is basically Hercules but without the mystic and mythological bit. Gilgamesh we know has a body that's molecularly adaptable in a sense. he could be like the Hercules to Ikaris's being Thor, maybe?  
    Jean - Is considered by Xavier to be more powerful than himself at their respective ages. An Omega mutant without PF.  
    Jamie - Is just crazy really. He aids X-Men more, like reviving and making Betsy TP immune, but he did take down the First Foursaken, which is a bit like Phoenix Force but more bad.  
    Hope - is grown up now. 
    Rogue -  Its in the potential area, but she is one of the few in this thread, under Marvel handbooks to have 7's in every category of her stats. 7 is max. Thor, Sentry, Thanos, those guys don't even have that potential. She is also the only one in this thread to one shot Thor and a bunch of other characters as well.  

Oh, I see okay I get why you include Ms Marvel now, I mean, I am a fan of hers so I liked you included her originally lol but yea. 
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    "

@JediXMan:
    Okay... whose TC? If you want to talk about something else in this thread, my fault. I use to love derailing back in the day. So don't let me stop you.  I remember Nova now. After Annihilation he inherented all the powers of the Nova Corps... that might work, I still have to think about it though.  "
    TC = Topic Creator (you). OP = Original Post (your topic's message). I am not derailing the thread and I don't see how anyone else in this thread was.

What's to think about? He's powerful. And what perimeters are we working in, exactly? Because, no, you were not clear. I've already listed people that, literally, SOLO the entire blond spectrum of Marvel. X-Man is arguably capable of doing it himself. 
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: 

No probs boss, I'll reply likewise. 

Namor - was the first superhero to fly, even before Superman. He was The Capital to a T The Original Marvel powerhouse.  
    Hercules -  Has always been pretty impressive, and Thor's equal in strength. You know one time, he and Thor punched each other's fists bro style, and shut down a dimensional rift. lol Crazy right?  
    Gilgamesh -  is basically Hercules but without the mystic and mythological bit. Gilgamesh we know has a body that's molecularly adaptable in a sense. he could be like the Hercules to Ikaris's being Thor, maybe?  
    Jean - Is considered by Xavier to be more powerful than himself at their respective ages. An Omega mutant without PF.  
    Jamie - Is just crazy really. He aids X-Men more, like reviving and making Betsy TP immune, but he did take down the First Foursaken, which is a bit like Phoenix Force but more bad.  
    Hope - is grown up now. 
    Rogue -  Its in the potential area, but she is one of the few in this thread, under Marvel handbooks to have 7's in every category of her stats. 7 is max. Thor, Sentry, Thanos, those guys don't even have that potential. She is also the only one in this thread to one shot Thor and a bunch of other characters as well.  

Oh, I see okay I get why you include Ms Marvel now, I mean, I am a fan of hers so I liked you included her originally lol but yea.

I agree that Namor is great, with a rich history, it's just he has his limits. Whereas Thor, Franklin, Sentry, and Binary could cause Galactus to break a sweat (or at least a Herald). I don't think Namor is in the class. I did not know that about  

Hercules. I'll consider that. 

Yeah Gilgamesh is an Eternal right? I'm still not sure because I haven't seen much of him. I once read among his race, he and Thanos were the strongest, which is damn impressive. 

I've heard of  Jean and some other Mutants being Omega-level (checkout my username), but has she done anything to prove she's near Phoenix-level without using the Phoenix Force? 

I know little about him ( Jamie B. ) beside what I've read in Bio's, but if he were a hero now (and more consistently than a villain) than I say you've made your point.  

Hope. I'm still trying to catch up to her childhood. This is all I could find here: http://www.comicvine.com/hope/29-7332/  Glad that's not her. 

Rogue definitely has the potential, I'd never argue again'st that. The things is it's not innate and must be absorbed via physical contact. Which means she's stealing, and good girls don't steal. That's why I excluded her.
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:

TC = Topic Creator (you). OP = Original Post (your topic's message). I am not derailing the thread and I don't see how anyone else in this thread was.  What's to think about? He's powerful. And what perimeters are we working in, exactly? Because, no, you were not clear. I've already listed people that, literally, SOLO the entire blond spectrum of Marvel. X-Man is arguably capable of doing it himself.  "

I didn't ask what the OP meant, but thanks I can see you really want to help. Most of the people you mentioned I've already excepted. I don't know who Dan Ketch is and Namor still doesn't count. You can read more than just the OP, but if you don't understand what I asked by now, than I don't really know what to tell you...

If you think I only want to be proven right, then I know you haven't read all my responses and you're still digging for burried treasures. All the answers are on these pages in front of you. Just follow with an open mind and not a pre-judgemental opinion you'd like to prove right.
    idukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By idukid

I'm not sure about these two but Quasar and Captain Mar-Vell are both blonde but i have not seen them with blue eyes. they are on par with BRB aka Space Thor. Nova Is Slightyl weaker but close to same Power Level. 

And if you say that Miss Marvel counts because she was once Binary then Hulk Spider Man Reed Richards Daredevil X-23 Juggernaut all count Due to being Ccaptain Universe for a time. 

Black Bolt counts as he was was shown to be on par with Vulcan. 

in Fact if we look at the Omega level mutant list 20% of people on it are blondes larger than the Blonde population on earth but in a list of 11 not statistically relevant.
    http://www.comicvine.com/mutant/12-40656/     

I don't want to go through all of marvel but if we use that small sample size we can say that powerful beings are no more likely to being superpowered than nonblondes.

Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idukid said:

"I'm not sure about these two but Quasar and Captain Mar-Vell are both blonde but i have not seen them with blue eyes. they are on par with BRB aka Space Thor. Nova Is Slightyl weaker but close to same Power Level. 

And if you say that Miss Marvel counts because she was once Binary then Hulk Spider Man Reed Richards Daredevil X-23 Juggernaut all count Due to being Ccaptain Universe for a time. 

Black Bolt counts as he was was shown to be on par with Vulcan

in Fact if we look at the Omega level mutant list 20% of people on it are blondes larger than the Blonde population on earth but in a list of 11 not statistically relevant.
    http://www.comicvine.com/mutant/12-40656/      I don't want to go through all of marvel but if we use that small sample size we can say that powerful beings are no more likely to being superpowered than nonblondes. "

Well said. The underlined statements was the best. Hahahaha! I now believe this discussion is over. Unless someone else has something to say... 

Clean up your grammar and I suspect you could be a Titan.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Omega-level Supreme: 

I can't tell if the helpful comment was sarcastic or not, but yes, I try to be helpful.

I should not have to read an entire thread to find out what the point of the thread is. It should be in the OP.

Dan Ketch is / was Ghost Rider. He's just one of many. Blaze's half-brother.
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan: Ok. Good night.
    grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By grimlock
    @Omega-level Supreme:  are u saying comics are racist?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SC  Moderator
    " @SC:  Wonderman is strong indeed, I excluded him because the people I mention have way more going for them than he does. Northstar can match the characters I mentioned in speed, but lacks their strenght. Likewise, Wonderman possess their level of strength but he isn't able to manipulate the weather. Franklin Richards doesn't have their speed or strength but he's a reality warper (which trumps all) so I included him. Do you see where I'm going?.. 

Who is Valkyrie?"

Ah I see now, I have a much better understanding of what kind of power, the type of power that you are speaking of, and degree of it, I will change my criteria to try and fit that, by the way, you are looking for this Hope lol 

In my opinion, should reconsider Simon Williams, he isn't just strong and fast, likewise with Ms Marvel, over his history, there have been times, he has been more powerful? Do you watch the Avengers cartoon? Wonder-Man being composed of ionic energy, used to mean he could grow in size, disperse and reform, on top of his super speed, and super strength, durability and immortality. Being able to manipulate his own body to various effects is pretty powerful. Might as well throw in Nova the Female Herald of Galactus as well, her level of energy manipulation would be about the same as Binary was. Or does she not count because Galactus gave her her powers? Ms Marvel can't count then either right because she acquired them too. So I am assuming Frankie Raye counts. Sersi probably deserves to be mentioned, she is reasonably active and can transmute matter with great effect and great skill.  She's an Eternal too, and like the best in matter manipulation excluding Zuras. 

Namor had made Sentry bleed, I know you don't include him, which is cool, I can respect that, he has had some small tussles with Surfer before too, not Galactus though lol, he does enough for me. Specially since back in the day he use to have like, electric powers and fish telepathy too lol (supposedly any sea life that had a power, Namor had a super version of it, so electric eel, etc)
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimlock said:

" @Omega-level Supreme:  are u saying comics are racist? "

I'm saying you should reread the OP. 

SC said:
    " @Omega-level Supreme said:
    " @SC:  Wonderman is strong indeed, I excluded him because the people I mention have way more going for them than he does. Northstar can match the characters I mentioned in speed, but lacks their strenght. Likewise, Wonderman possess their level of strength but he isn't able to manipulate the weather. Franklin Richards doesn't have their speed or strength but he's a reality warper (which trumps all) so I included him. Do you see where I'm going?.. 

Who is Valkyrie?"

Ah I see now, I have a much better understanding of what kind of power, the type of power that you are speaking of, and degree of it, I will change my criteria to try and fit that, by the way, you are looking for this
    Hope lol  In my opinion, should reconsider Simon Williams, he isn't just strong and fast, likewise with Ms Marvel, over his history, there have been times, he has been more powerful? Do you watch the Avengers cartoon? Wonder-Man being composed of ionic energy, used to mean he could grow in size, disperse and reform, on top of his super speed, and super strength, durability and immortality. Being able to manipulate his own body to various effects is pretty powerful. Might as well throw in Nova the Female Herald of Galactus as well, her level of energy manipulation would be about the same as Binary was. Or does she not count because Galactus gave her her powers? Ms Marvel can't count then either right because she acquired them too. So I am assuming Frankie Raye counts. Sersi probably deserves to be mentioned, she is reasonably active and can transmute matter with great effect and great skill.  She's an Eternal too, and like the best in matter manipulation excluding Zuras.   Namor had made Sentry bleed, I know you don't include him, which is cool, I can respect that, he has had some small tussles with Surfer before too, not Galactus though lol, he does enough for me. Specially since back in the day he use to have like, electric powers and fish telepathy too lol (supposedly any sea life that had a power, Namor had a super version of it, so electric eel, etc) "

Well I forgot Vulcan and others have mentioned Sersi. I didn't know who she was. The Nova (Galactus's Herald) that you're referring to is the Nova I thought everyone was referring to in the first place. She may have been a non-blond in her unaltered form, but now that she has all those yellow flames surrounding her she doesn't count. :b 

She another character I can't remember right now have the Super-Saiyan Syndrome.

I've seen some Avengers cartoons, but I don't remember Wonderman doing any of that. Maybe he did, I don't know. I wouldn't say it's impressive enough. He's still outclassed when you compare him to the others (although he would give them all a pretty good donnybrook).
    mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By mrtrickster
    @Omega-level Supreme:

@mrtrickster

said:

" actually marvel just got lots of blond hair in general, like dc prefer using black hair. "

You actually read the OP??? "
    you are having trouble understanding, marvel got powerful heroes that are blond because they have more heroes and heroines with blond hair in general.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Omega-level Supreme: Evidence of what? Copyright or the Germanic tribes being known for blond hair as well as red?

I don't have evidence of the copyright, because I don't know what the creators were thinking. I am not a mind reader. As of the blond hair, its well known that as the Roman legions marched through Germany and France many of the Romans took mistresses for the specific reason of the blond hair because it was exotic to those Italians.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Omega-level Supreme: Vulcan? Vulcan is a bad guy, I am not sure you should count him. Frankie Raye is definitely a red head, in her last mini she was a red head for like 90% of it. lol, plus Binary had red hair. Oh man, you are missing out on Sersi, she manipulates matter. You know? One time she turned a dude into a pig. She was Bamf in Chaos War too. When she was on Avengers she was considered a heavy hitter. I still don't know about Wonder-man, if he was a bit more serious and easy to control and manipulate he'd probably be on par with Sentry. His biggest molecule manipulation feat was of something human sized, its not that impressive, he is still more about strength and speed, and Simon has him with strength. We can agree to disagree there though, I am a Wonder-Man fanboy so I got to rep. 
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nova`Prime` said:

" @Omega-level Supreme: Evidence of what? Copyright or the Germanic tribes being known for blond hair as well as red?  I don't have evidence of the copyright, because I don't know what the creators were thinking. I am not a mind reader. As of the blond hair, its well known that as the Roman legions marched through Germany and France many of the Romans took mistresses for the specific reason of the blond hair because it was exotic to those Italians. "

Evidence of what you're saying. Any at all? I'm not asking you to be a telepath, their is no evidnece for parapsychology (that's why paranormal means beyond scientific explaination), it's impossible. Please lets not derail from topic with asinine conjectures. Here is what you wrote, with an underlined point of reference that you could prove with evidence. 

Because if they kept him to his mythological standard they wouldn't be able to copyright, as much as one can a Mythological figure, the character. It distinguishes the character from the original, and the Germanic tribes that became the Norse Vikings where also known for their blond hair and blue eyes.    

Underlined 1) Is this true and can you prove it? If it is do you believe that's why they did it? How do you know this?

@SC said:

" @Omega-level Supreme: Vulcan? Vulcan is a bad guy, I am not sure you should count him. Frankie Raye is definitely a red head, in her last mini she was a red head for like 90% of it. lol, plus Binary had red hair. Oh man, you are missing out on Sersi, she manipulates matter. You know? One time she turned a dude into a pig. She was Bamf in Chaos War too. When she was on Avengers she was considered a heavy hitter. I still don't know about Wonder-man, if he was a bit more serious and easy to control and manipulate he'd probably be on par with Sentry. His biggest molecule manipulation feat was of something human sized, its not that impressive, he is still more about strength and speed, and Simon has him with strength. We can agree to disagree there though, I am a Wonder-Man fanboy so I got to rep.  "

Oh yeah, Vulcan doesn't count. I really like Wonderman to, and he has always been compared to the greatest. Have they ever turned him into a villain like they do with most superheroes, and gave him a power upgrade so vast that his friends (heroes) struggled or thought that he might be able to single handedly take on the world? Or somehing like that? With his power set, I've always thought he should be more powerful, yet I never see the writers giving him a real chance to blossom. 

Sersi form Avengers... that sounds kind of familiar. I may need to look into my Avengers comics, but they are 80 miles from me at this time, so it'll have to wait.

@mrtrickster
    said:

you are having trouble understanding, marvel got powerful heroes that are blond because they have more heroes and heroines with blond hair in general. "

Nope, no problems here. If you read through the thread, you'll find that that's been contradicted already. Thank you.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Omega-level Supreme:  Well, he did start off evil, and he dealt to the Avengers single handedly, but of course, those were the days where Thor had his weakness, with being a way from his cane would revert him, and Simon hit him into a trap and without Thor, the rest of the Avengers didn't really have a chance. He has done well against Abomination, Hulk, Thor other times too. He was the heavy hitter of WCA. Unfortunately his best showings are probably in the future when he is in Hollywood guise. That dude had mad power credibility.  

Sersi is a cool character, I will try remember if she has some better appearances elsewhere besides Avengers.  
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, Ice Man still doesn't count. No nominal Omega-level mutant counts, unless they have feats to back it up or have generated enough fear to warrant it their status/class. Thank you.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SC  Moderator

Why not Iceman? One time he reached zero degrees I think. Thats probably the most impressive feat in all of comics lol He has frozen Legion solid and been confirmed by Thor that his potential power is akin to Ymir. (I actually understand on this one tho if you exclude him, he is still more potential than substance) Plus sometimes he is drawn with blond hair... 

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
    lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here are the list of which i think are the 10 most powerful heroes in Marvel.. 

• Phoenix - red hair and green eyes
    • Silver Surfer - bald and no definite eye color
    • Doctor Strange - black hair and gray eyes
    • Thor - blonde hair and blue eyes
    • Sentry - blonde hair and blue eyes
    • Blue Marvel - black hair and brown eyes
    • Sersi - black hair and blue eyes
    • X-Man - brown hair and blue eyes
    • Scarlet Witch - auburn hair and hazel eyes
    • Franklin Richards - blonde hair and blue eyes

i personally think such idea is just your observation.. the most powerful heroes in Marvel are of variety of races and colors.. i don't think Marvel deliberately did such thing.. that would be racism.. anyways, i just want to point out that not all of the most powerful characters in Marvel are born with blue eyes and blonde hair.. 
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:
    "Why not Iceman? One time he reached zero degrees I think. Thats probably the most impressive feat in all of comics lol He has frozen Legion solid and been confirmed by Thor that his potential power is akin to Ymir. (I actually understand on this one tho if you exclude him, he is still more potential than substance) Plus sometimes he is drawn with blond hair...  "

In addition from being blond from time to time, I bet he has blue eyes in some incarnations. Hahahaha. Anyway, you have it, I think many Omega-level mutants are potentials and not confirmed exhibitors... Why is it you and like two (maybe three) other poster actually understands this topic? Even after 4 pages???

@lord_oraculous016
    said: I am not going to correct you on your post. I'll just say it's apparent you don't understand what this discussion is about.
    Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Omega-level Supreme: 
     No Offense but Lord_oraclous016 is Right and by his post he does know the topic. You asked if people noticed about the Most powerful superheroes always had Blue eyes and Blond Hair. He proved to you that not all of Marvels Most Powerful have those traits that alot have Brown Hair, Black Hair, Gree eyes Etc etc........ 
    By his list on what he though the most powerful heroes were. he proved that only Three out of Ten had those characteristcs.
    So not all Powerful Marvel Character's have that Trait. 

@lord_oraculous016 said:
    "here are the list of which i think are the 10 most powerful heroes in Marvel.. 

• Phoenix - red hair and green eyes
    • Silver Surfer - bald and no definite eye color
    • Doctor Strange - black hair and gray eyes
    • Thor - blonde hair and blue eyes
    • Sentry - blonde hair and blue eyes
    • Blue Marvel - black hair and brown eyes
    • Sersi - black hair and blue eyes
    • X-Man - brown hair and blue eyes
    • Scarlet Witch - auburn hair and hazel eyes
    • Franklin Richards - blonde hair and blue eyes

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By blur99
    " White (human) superheroes and superheroines blond haired and blue eyed?  Franklin RichardsSentryThorMs. Marvel Just to name a few. Has anyone noticed this or have anything to say? "
    super saiyan factor.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
    " @Omega-level Supreme: 
    You asked if people noticed about the Most powerful superheroes always had Blue eyes and Blond Hair."

Sorry to intrude, I genuinely think, the original poster, thread starter is actually asking if people noticed that Marvels Most Powerful White Earth based characters had blue eyes, and blonde hair, as opposed to all the other combinations, which are still pretty large set of characteristics. Brown hair, black hair, red hair, green hair, brown eyes, red eyes. Also, though discussion, we have a better understanding of their definition of power. Can't be aided by cosmic sources, as in Phoenix? Jean might count? If we are to argue her though, its at her non phoenix powers, at least by what the OP, candidly explains as their wish, Surfer can't count, Blue Marvel can't count, various posts I didn't really pay attention I think gave reasons as to why Wanda and Stevie Strange don't count (probably something due to the inconsistency of mystic stuff)  

Does that help clarify things? 
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: 
    Thanks for trying, but if they haven't got it by now... 
    I think Jean could count, I just haven't seen or heard of any feats equal to PF without using it, so I'm skeptical. You are right again about the Earth base being criteria for the qualification, but the real reason (only one I'm admitting for now) I excluded Silver Surfer was because in his natural form he's White, but in his powered form he's Silver. Wanda doesn't count in my mind because she's at her strongest as a villain. And Stephen Strange definitely counts. The subject as far as I'm concerned has been sufficiently quashed, but I remain inclined to discuss it because I still think it's an interesting talk. I'm learning stuff, believe it or not.  

In essence this was prompted by my observation of Thor's deliniation from his mythological counterpart. It seemed to me that Marvel had a predilection for BWBE's (I've started other threads asking about the consistency of myth and modern comics). I stand corrected.

@blur99

said:

super saiyan factor. "

Amen.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Omega-level Supreme:
    I think you're discounting people for silly reasons because they don't fit your argument but allowing the ones that prove your argument.
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By TypingKira

Thor's blond and blue-eyed to associate him with the modern norwegian population. Just making a statement.  

I think that it's interesting of you to point that out, honestly I do. I'm not gonna get into the controversy/racism thing people apparently thought you had going. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Omega-level Supreme:  I think its just an unusual question, and or, discussion for some. Posters are almost more inclined to think about this as a color thing or racial thing, and with no offense intended, but possibly the wording in your Original post wasn't as super clear as it could have potentially been. Not that it should have to, but you get my point.  Eye color, and hair color in such specific detail...

I bet if you made a thread asking/stating if Simon Williams = Red Eyes = Most Powerful? Then asked whether guys with red eyes that were considered the most powerful around, two of the most commonly given arguments or refutals would naturally include Sentry and Thor being more powerful and so guys with blue eyes challenging your notion. I think he is overrated by Franklin does get mentioned a lot around this site too lol, people would probably mention Surfer and Gladiator and Blue Marvel too, etc main point is, the way people disagree might be different. Red eyes is easy to differentiate as a non racial discussion. Blue eyes, blonde hair has certain connotations. Its interesting actually in a way how the thread actually progressed. Unless, you know, some insomniacs or stoners started posting, and as a guy that gets no sleep, red eyes, = power, a strange weird, dreamy power like I am... *falls asleep at computer*
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceIMC said:
    "@Omega-level Supreme: I think you're discounting people for silly reasons because they don't fit your argument but allowing the ones that prove your argument. "

I think you don't understand anything you've read in this thread...
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: Yeah I couldn't think of a more concise way to word this topic and it makes absolute sense to me. As per the second paragraph, LOL.

@TypingKira

said:

"Thor's blond and blue-eyed to associate him with the modern norwegian population. Just making a statement.   I think that it's interesting of you to point that out, honestly I do. I'm not gonna get into the controversy/racism thing people apparently thought you had going.  "

In a sense the title and OP is my former answer to this question, in the form of a question like we're playing Jeopardy.
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC:
    Yeah i do know what he was asking in the OP. It could have been Clearer but it doesn't matter i think we got the jist of it. You right in saying that Blue Marvel, Phoenix and Sliver Sufer shouldnt be included Jean Grey herself is one of the most powerful Mutants even without the Pheonix force she is an Omega level TP and TK so i do believe that does count. Wanda and Dr Strange IMO should count because they are both heroes and they are both Very Powerful(Not current Strange but classic Strange). But Say we Add Hope Summer's to the Mix She is an Omega Level who seems to be able to manifest every mutant power and Jump start mutants Thats pretty damn powerful. But she doesn't have Blonde Hair nor Blue eyes that does count and show that a Majority of Marvel's eath based heroes Don't have those Specfifc characteristc's only a few do e.g.... Sentry, Thor and Franklin Richards( i dont count Ms Marvel because really She's not that Powerful) 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Umbra Sorcerer: Yep I agree with all your choices too. I don't count Ms Marvel either because while its true that as Binary, she was all über powerful and all that, and could do powerful stuff with energy, Binary had red eyes and red hair. lol Thats means if we include Jean, Rachel Grey, and Hope a new redhead pattern emerges. I count Strange and Wanda and all them too. Personally I count Wonderman and Namor too lol
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC:
    Yes Binary was Poweful but as Ms Marvel she Middle Tier IMO. Yes read Hair and Green Eyes :P New Trend. Wonderman im not personally sure of him i was never a fan so i don't know what he's capable of .Namer yep definatly he's another More Powerful character 

btw Sorry for taking so long to reply back the last time :) 
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#88  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Thay are given so much time to evlove their characthers over the years, so there characters gat stronger and coll avre the years.i guess...
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PrinceIMC
    "@PrinceIMC said:
    "@Omega-level Supreme: I think you're discounting people for silly reasons because they don't fit your argument but allowing the ones that prove your argument. "
    I think you don't understand anything you've read in this thread... "

You'ere saying that the most powerful white heroes in Marvel are blonde haired and blue-eyed. When someone brings up a powerful white hero who isn't you don't count them for some reason or another.
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceIMC said:
    "@Omega-level Supreme said:
    "@PrinceIMC said:
    I think you don't understand anything you've read in this thread... "
    You'ere saying that the most powerful white heroes in Marvel are blonde haired and blue-eyed. When someone brings up a powerful white hero who isn't you don't count them for some reason or another. "

I've counted a lot, as a matter of fact most. Who do you think counts?..
    Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
    lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_oraculous016 said: I am not going to correct you on your post. I'll just say it's apparent you don't understand what this discussion is about. "

in what way?i think a clearer view of the situation you are trying to make would be helpful.. again, your OP is as stated.. 

White (human) superheroes and superheroines blond haired and blue eyed? 

Franklin Richards
    Sentry
    Thor
    Ms. Marvel

Just to name a few. Has anyone noticed this or have anything to say?     

i do have do admit i missed the human - white category of your OP, but in response, i still think not all of Marvel Earth's most powerful heroes are has blonde hair and blue eyes.. also, from your example, Thor is not human he is a God.. so if we would stand by your example Gods, Eternals, Inhumans and other being still based on earth qualifies.. still not even a quarter of them has blonde hair and blue eyes..
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_oraculous016: OK, whatever you say boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.