Whose the best hand to hand fighter in the Marvel universe?

#51 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Cap. America is the best in overall skills set...follow closely by Iron Fist and Black Panther.

#52 Edited by JJ62 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

Wolverine

Black Panther

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Shang Chi

Taskmaster

Gorgon

are THE best IMO.

After those: Black Widow, Nick Fury, Bullseye, Elektra, Hawkeye, Blade, Sabretooth, Bucky, Silver Samurai, Gambit and Deadpool take up the next spots.

#53 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

Captain America

Wolverine

Black Panther

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Shang Chi

Taskmaster

Gorgon

are THE best IMO.

After those: Black Widow, Nick Fury, Bullseye, Elektra, Hawkeye, Blade, Sabretooth, Bucky, Silver Samurai, Gambit and Deadpool take up the next spots.

If Wolverine is up there, then Daken has to be up there too... he is better skills than his father (proved)

#54 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@goddamnironman: especially when logan drowned him in a puddle. mad skills.

#55 Edited by Ironpool2099 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Task master "ANYTHING YOU COULD DO I COULD DO BETTER!" For those of you who don't know he copies hero's moves.

#56 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

@goddamnironman: especially when logan drowned him in a puddle. mad skills.

Logan has Adamatium bone structure, and Daken don't... Daken is surely a better h2h fighter than Logan...more skilled too. I'm sure Daken would've beats Logan if he has Adamatium as well.

#57 Posted by Veshark (9265 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Captain America has referred to himself as the best combat fighter (which I don't think is an egotistical hyperbole, considering that's not really Cap's style). In terms of pure martial arts, I suppose Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, or Shen Quan would qualify, but in terms of actual combat, I'm banking on Captain America.

#58 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Captain America
  2. Iron Fist
  3. Shang-Chi
  4. Gamora
  5. Wolverine
#59 Posted by The Stegman (28602 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put my money on Iron Fist.

#60 Posted by Extremis (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

On here people seem to say Cap a lot. I've seen a lot of Iron Fist as well. Would like to see that fight!

#61 Posted by God_Spawn (39250 posts) - - Show Bio

At a time Logan considered him better. Then Logan got a refresher training course with SS and beat him. Then they fought again, and Logan killed him. The adamantium didn't really have anything to do with it. That's kind of a cop out excuse when Daken lost 2 straight fights when Wolverine focused on his skill. Both fights happened after he said Daken was better and got retrained. Since then, Daken hasn't done anything to say otherwise.

Moderator
#62 Posted by AssassinEzio (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil or Iron Fist...maybe deadpool

#63 Edited by tsaimelemoni (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in any particular order, but I immediately think of Blank Panther, Captain America, Wolverine, Shang Chi, Elektra, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Taskmaster, Black Widow and maybe Deadpool

#64 Posted by CharlieJade (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl, Mantis, Gamora, Mister X, Taskmaster, Stick, Shang Chi, Karnak.....whomever Bendis thinks is "cool" that month....they kinda have mystical PIS powered martial arts. They not at DC's KarateKid levels but some pretty ridiculous feats
....reading people's minds, enhancing their chi, punching out people who are easily a hundred times their strength, running across a whole football field to out race a hail of bullets and save someone after the gun was fired....that kinda of kung-fu-PIS

Then you have the regular top 10

Mandarin, Cap, Black Panther, Wolverine etc they are cheating a little since their powers are enhanced in some way

next Tier down, highly skilled street levelers US Agent, Black Widow, Daredevil.....

#65 Edited by PunyParker (14542 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Deadpool....

#66 Edited by Nerx (15351 posts) - - Show Bio
in fiction knowing chi is pre-requisite to earn such merit

#67 Posted by nightwing737 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by nightwing737 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#70 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6711 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#71 Edited by MaccyD (5476 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth-based: IMO Captain America, Wolverine and Taskmaster. Why those three: memory. Due to either memory enhancements or eternal life, they can and have shown they can learn a huge variety of fighting styles that most other h2h simply can't compete with. Taskmaster knows the fighting styles of most major heroes, Wolverine has a few centuries worth of experience and Captain America is well-trained in a large amount of fighting style due to his memory and reflexe enhancements. Of the Earth-based heroes I know, they are probably some of the best (that don't actually use powers much either...sorta).

Non-earth though they'd get thrashed as Thor and Hercules would beat them in skill alone and that's not including all the years of cosmic history in marvel.

#72 Posted by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidercom said:

Cap has defeated Wolverine, Iron fist, Daredevil and Black Panther in H2H before. I wonder who would win between him and Elektra also some seem to forget Nick Fury probably as good as Cap himself.

You left out the part where pretty much everyone you just named also defeated Cap H2H. Also why are you wondering who would win between him and Elektra when Cap has villains that are better fighters than Elektra? Nick Fury is nowhere near as good as Cap he's not even on Punisher's level.

Moderator
#73 Edited by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Earth-based: IMO Captain America, Wolverine and Taskmaster. Why those three: memory. Due to either memory enhancements or eternal life, they can and have shown they can learn a huge variety of fighting styles that most other h2h simply can't compete with. Taskmaster knows the fighting styles of most major heroes, Wolverine has a few centuries worth of experience and Captain America is well-trained in a large amount of fighting style due to his memory and reflexe enhancements. Of the Earth-based heroes I know, they are probably some of the best (that don't actually use powers much either...sorta).

Non-earth though they'd get thrashed as Thor and Hercules would beat them in skill alone and that's not including all the years of cosmic history in marvel.

Daredevil is just as good as Captain America as is the Black Panther. If you actually match them up on what they've done and what's been shown for their fighting skill Cap is no better than either of them. How many fighting styles you know doesn't make you a better "FIGHTER" than another character. Also skill wise Thor & Hercules aren't even remotely comparable to Cap,Wolverine or Taskmaster.

Moderator
#74 Posted by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

@goddamnironman said:

If Wolverine is up there, then Daken has to be up there too... he is better skills than his father (proved)

Actually this is false. Daken has abilities that allow him to hang with Wolverine, skill wise he has NOT been proven to be more skilled than Wolverine.

Moderator
#75 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

Shang chi, Capt. etc,..

#76 Posted by MaccyD (5476 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Actually meant to put Black Panther in there due to his memories of past Black Panthers. More fighting styles makes you a more reliable fighter. By that I mean you are ready for every fight. For a real life example: In UFC a fighter may train in kickboxing techniques and may be the best kickboxer in the tournament but once a grappler gets you on the floor, he's out of his element and his training is next to useless. The other fighter has a severe advantage though the kickboxer is best at his fighting style.

#77 Edited by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio
@maccyd said:

@vance_astro: Actually meant to put Black Panther in there due to his memories of past Black Panthers. More fighting styles makes you a more reliable fighter. By that I mean you are ready for every fight. For a real life example: In UFC a fighter may train in kickboxing techniques and may be the best kickboxer in the tournament but once a grappler gets you on the floor, he's out of his element and his training is next to useless. The other fighter has a severe advantage though the kickboxer is best at his fighting style.

The thing with using UFC fighters to make this case is that they are real. Fighters in comics become great fighters by far less realistic standards.

Moderator
#78 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron fist, maybe Shang Chi?

#79 Posted by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Captain America is the best followed by Iron Fist.

Agreed

photo original.gif

#80 Posted by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@powerherc said:

I'd say Captain America is the best followed by Iron Fist.

Agreed

Why would someone with an Iron Fist avatar agree with this? Not saying you should be biased because of your avatar but saying you should know better because I'd assume someone with an Iron Fist avatar is actually a fan and knows what he's capable of.

@squares said:

Iron fist, maybe Shang Chi?

Absolutely not.

Moderator
#81 Edited by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@spider11211 said:

@powerherc said:

I'd say Captain America is the best followed by Iron Fist.

Agreed

Why would someone with an Iron Fist avatar agree with this? Not saying you should be biased because of your avatar but saying you should know better because I'd assume someone with an Iron Fist avatar is actually a fan and knows what he's capable of.

@squares

said:

Iron fist, maybe Shang Chi?

Absolutely not.

I may be bias, but this is a rather subjective question is it not? With that said notice I still did not pick Iron Fist as number one so am I really bias here?

Why not for Shang Chi?

#82 Edited by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

I may be bias, but this is a rather subjective question is it not? With that said notice I still did not pick Iron Fist as number one so am I really bias here?

I'm not calling you biased. I think you may have read my post wrong.

Why not for Shang Chi?

I don't know where everyone is getting that he's the best, in every single thread where martial arts skill is the topic, people always assume that he's the best? Where does that come from? He's done nothing to even put him in the top 10 skillwise.

Moderator
#83 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

I may be bias, but this is a rather subjective question is it not? With that said notice I still did not pick Iron Fist as number one so am I really bias here?

I'm not calling you biased. I think you may have read my post wrong.

@spider11211 said:

Why not for Shang Chi?

I don't know where everyone is getting that he's the best, in every single thread where martial arts skill is the topic, people always assume that he's the best? Where does that come from? He's done nothing to even put him in the top 10 skillwise.

Because martial arts is all he does, therefore we assume he's really really good at it.

#84 Edited by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 5 (In no order)

Black Panther

Wolverine

Captain America

Iron Fist

Daredevil

Online
#85 Edited by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly wouldn't consider Cap a better fighter than Wolverine since he's lost most of their fights were he doesn't cheat or get outside help.

Online
#86 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8930 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist and the Prince of Orphans followed by Mr. X and Gorgon, then the rest.

#87 Posted by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly wouldn't consider Cap a better fighter than Wolverine since he's lost most of their fights were he doesn't cheat or get outside help.

How would you say he cheated? I never knew fights had rules unless it is a sporting event. Cap used brains and skill which makes him the winner.

#89 Posted by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I honestly wouldn't consider Cap a better fighter than Wolverine since he's lost most of their fights were he doesn't cheat or get outside help.

How would you say he cheated? I never knew fights had rules unless it is a sporting event. Cap used brains and skill which makes him the winner.

True, but most of wins over Logan involve sneaking up behind him and hitting him over the head with his shield, or having somebody BFR him. Lol, Cap is a dirty fighter.

Online
#90 Edited by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

A win is a win.

By your logic Logan using claws or his healing factor would make it a dirty fight.

#91 Posted by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#92 Posted by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211:

I really was just joking.

I was just having a good fun conversation too (all is good).

I think it could go either way depending on what the writer wants that day.

photo 216795-59116-iron-fist_super.jpg

#93 Posted by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@spider11211:

I really was just joking.

I was just having a good fun conversation too (all is good).

I think it could go either way depending on what the writer wants that day.

True. I always love a good Cap vs Wolverine fight!

Online
#94 Posted by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@spider11211:

I really was just joking.

I was just having a good fun conversation too (all is good).

I think it could go either way depending on what the writer wants that day.

True. I always love a good Cap vs Wolverine fight!

Same here, I also love a good Wonder man laying a smack down on Wolverine for some reason.

#95 Edited by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Because martial arts is all he does, therefore we assume he's really really good at it.

He is good at it but HOW good is the issue.

Moderator
#96 Edited by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Because martial arts is all he does, therefore we assume he's really really good at it.

He is good at it but HOW good is the issue.

@wolverine08 said:

I honestly wouldn't consider Cap a better fighter than Wolverine since he's lost most of their fights were he doesn't cheat or get outside help.

This isn't even true...

I was referring to times like AvX where he needed people to BFR Logan to win. Lol.

Online
#97 Posted by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Edited by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly wouldn't put Shang Chi in the top five like most people have. He's relatively featless, and really just seems to get a lot of hype.

Online
#99 Edited by spider11211 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: To be fair I cannot think of anything really amazing for Shang Chi....hmmm

Fist trumps Shang Chi

#100 Posted by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211:

That's my point. He really doesn't have that many great feats to justify being in the top five. He really just seems to get a lot of hype.

Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.