Whos the most powerful villain in Marvel ?

#1 Posted by kgb725 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

what villain is outright evil and just the best at it

#2 Posted by Mileylovestina (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#3 Posted by rockwellfontana (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Ultron on some occasions.

#4 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#5 Edited by dianabastiaan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>Thanos if he has infinity

gems, he destroyed The universe

#6 Edited by Enosisik2 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>Apocalypse potentially</p>.

Thanos is evil but he has a great deal of honor and often does fight for good or shows mercy .

Apocalypse has no good qualities , shows little to no mercy and has little honor .

#7 Edited by MacD (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Dr. Doom. Dudes as smart if not smarter than Reed Richards and he's also damn near as good at the mystical arts as Stephen Strange.

#8 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

ultron.

#9 Posted by Nightwing4 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos w/ IG would be both most powerful and most evil.

Honorable mention for Green Goblin under 'most evil'

#10 Posted by henrik (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos , Galactus , Apocalypse , Ultron , and Dr Doom.

#11 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by herrweis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu

#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk.

#14 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: Is Hulk very villainous?

Also, is Ultron up for the position? Age of Ultron makes him seem pretty evil.

#15 Edited by Cap10nate (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to go with one of the mystic entities like Dormammu, Cthon, Surtur, or some other inter-dimensional being. Thanos belongs up there with them with all his intelligence, strength, technology, and other skills. Below them, I would place Kang, Doom, and Ultron as the main threats. Never read much X-Men, so I don't know where Apocalypse would rank but I know he is up there.

#16 Edited by Xanni15 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

The score so far,

Thanos 7

Ultron 4

Dr Doom 3

Dormammu 2

Apocalypse 2

Green Goblin, Galactus, Cthon, Surtur, Kang 1

Not sure that I agree with this though. The title of this thread is kind of misleading, because the OP's post asks for the most evil, not necessarily the most powerful.

I haven't read any comics about Dormammu or Cthon or Surtur, but I think they are more powerful than Thanos. And really, Thanos isn't that evil either. Just misguided (like Enosisik2 said).

I vote Bullseye for the most evil. He freaks me out.

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

No question. No doubt.

#19 Edited by Extremos (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@enosisik2 said:

<p>Apocalypse potentially</p>.

Thanos is evil but he has a great deal of honor and often does fight for good or shows mercy .

Apocalypse has no good qualities , shows little to no mercy and has little honor .

Enough said

#20 Posted by CelticJedi (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Most powerful crossover villain would be Thanos with an Infinity Gauntlet or Onslaught from the original crossover Prof X and Magneto psyche combo plot. They've both messed up the majority of the Marvel Universe coming at them at once. Dr. Doom would likely be the most powerful "casual" villain in a sense that he's regularly encountered and doesn't require crossover events to defeat, but still has done some miraculously powerful stuff.

In terms of sheer malice and evil, I'd go with Apocalypse or , again, Onslaught.

#21 Posted by doctor_bong_crosby (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Most evil, Mephisto!

#22 Posted by HaveAtThee (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, Dormammu, Surtur and Kang are all excellent villains. I miss when Loki was a villain too :(

#23 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos, ultron, kang and onslaught

#24 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#25 Edited by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaos King Mikaboshi

Dormammu

Galactus

#26 Posted by Chromeshift (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom

#27 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3432 posts) - - Show Bio

@henrik said:

Thanos , Galactus , Apocalypse , Ultron , and Dr Doom.

yeah, these are rather the big ones. I have a hard time deciding between them for who is the most powerful; solid top 5, for sure. Although I'd be inclined to include Mr.Sinister (since his most recent incarnation in the last volume of UXM) and some versions of the Hulk.

#28 Posted by TheMGR (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto or apocolypse. BTW anyone who put galactus is wrong he is not evil and feels remorse and intense guilt about the way he has lived and killed

#29 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1312 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos and apocalypse

#30 Posted by jardern96 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously not the most powerful but definitely the most evil is massacre from spiderman he was the first villain spiderman had no choice but to kill and someone says he is the highest functioning sociopath on the planet

#31 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Most villains aren't really evil by definition. Galactus is a force of nature, Lizard wants to cure humanity of disease and injury, Thanos wants to impress the woman he loves, and Ultron wants to make earth a perfect society, the list goes on and on. Some villains are just plain evil: Red Skull, Joker, Dr. Doom , Green Goblin, Apocalypse. IMO, Red Skull is the most evil though.

#32 Posted by CheeseSticks (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.