Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Who's the most powerful hero in Marvel?

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
    The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By The_Absolute

1) Ok then, Let's look at this source for Adam, and this source for Surfer; or this for Adam, and this for Surfer. We can do this all day, unless the source we should use is to just take your word for it. (^_~)

2) When Adam 'took' that blast it wasn't as though he was just stand there brushing the smoke of his shoulder; the context of that exchange was to show that might and power wasn't what was needed to defeat Thanos, not guile, cunning and strategy. Secondly, when he 'took' the Great Gauntlet (I like to makeup my own euphemisms) for Nebula, that wasn't show of power, but of calculation and a eternal connection to the powers of the Soul Gem. Lastly, I'm not familiar with him controlling Surfer's board. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying I didn't know he ever did that.

3) Considering these are Marvel characters, whether or not we agree with it, that kinda makes it 'official'.
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 16:17:31

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"1) Ok then, Let's look at this source for Adam, and this source for Surfer; or this for Adam, and this for Surfer. We can do this all day, unless the source we should use is to just take your word for it. (^_~)

2) When Adam 'took' that blast it wasn't as though he was just stand there brushing the smoke of his shoulder; the context of that exchange was to show that might and power wasn't what was needed to defeat Thanos, not guile, cunning and strategy. Secondly, when he 'took' the Great Gauntlet (I like to makeup my own euphemisms) for Nebula, that wasn't show of power, but of calculation and a eternal connection to the powers of the Soul Gem. Lastly, I'm not familiar with him controlling Surfer's board. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying I didn't know he ever did that.

3) Considering these are Marvel characters, whether or not we agree with it, that kinda makes it 'official'.
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 16:17:31"

1.The stuff on Marvel's site is written by their staff.

2.Wiki is an even worse source than Marvel.com.

3.I'm giving you evidence from comics Why Adam is stronger.I will post from the Annihilation handbook in a minute.I will show you some scans to that prove my case.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By Static Shock

Vance Astro says:

"1.The stuff on Marvel's site isn't written by their staff.

@ PhoenixSouvenir: Seconded. Just because it's Marvel.com doesn't mean anything. Everything besides the 'Wiki' part of that site is official. If the superhero part of the site is, can, and was edited by people other than the staff of Marvel (ordinary members of the site, like myself), then it's not official. If I wanted to, I could go to the site now, and say that Wolverine could lift 100 tons or more. On Black Panther's page, it says that his physical attributes are superhuman, when that's clearly wrong, according to the Official Handbooks and the comic books therein. His physical condition is really peak-human, and with superhuman senses (with Everett Ross explaining his capabilities as the narrator, and such).

Hell, take a lot at the power grids. Note that the official stats are actually averages of the fan votes. Fans = Bias. There's even a FAQ there that explains it.

Don't buy into the idea that Marvel.com's wiki is official, because it isn't. The most reliable sources is the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (current volumes) and the comic books (in most cases)
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 18:43:37

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "1.The stuff on Marvel's site isn't written by their staff.
    @ PhoenixSouvenir: Seconded. Just because it's Marvel.com doesn't mean anything. Everything besides the 'Wiki' part of that site is official. If the superhero part of the site is, can, and was edited by people other than the staff of Marvel (ordinary members of the site, like myself), then it's not official. If I wanted to, I could go to the site now, and say that Wolverine could lift 100 tons or more. On Black Panther's page, it says that his physical attributes are superhuman, when that's clearly wrong, according to the Official Handbooks and the comic books therein. His physical condition is really peak-human, and with superhuman senses (with Everett Ross explaining his capabilities as the narrator, and such). Hell, take a lot at the power grids. Note that the official stats are actually averages of the fan votes. **Fans** = Bias. There's even a FAQ there that explains it. Don't buy into the idea that Marvel.com's wiki is official, because it isn't. The most reliable sources are is the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and the comic books (in most cases) "

I guess he didn't take my Misty Knight comparison seriously.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Static Shock

Doesn't matter what you tell people nowadays. Why do you think fanboys get pissed off at the ones that are more argumentative and logical than they are at proving their point (Ball Buster and ultimateninjagaidenx are perfect examples)? Why do people say a bunch of irrelevant crap when you ask them how their favorite superhero is gonna react to the other superhero's speed factor? People don't like to admit they are wrong. Must a pride thing or something, which to me is pretty stupid. They want to believe everything the say and do is right because they say and do it. They don't care what people tell them... Sometimes, it's not even worth to argue with people around here. They either get mad and tell you off, say something completely irrelevant, or act really stubborn...

To make a long story short, ignorance is bliss, Vance.
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 18:42:41

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By King_Saturn

I think its between Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer.

The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By The_Absolute

Sigh. Ok. I stand corrected: Marvel.com's wiki isn't to be considered official. Furthermore, Wikipedia.org isn't to be considered official; as well as Comicvine.com. This, then, poses a question: How much credence can be given to these unofficial sources? I know that Wikipedia.org tends to provide endnote references to it's claims. The point I'm trying to make with that list of sources, unofficial as they may be, is that it's a fact that the Surfer can do more things with the Power Cosmic than Warlock can with his power. Can we at least agree on that? {:)

Now as far as that 'evidence' you've given goes; it's completely flawed and taken out of context - as I've already noted, save for the "telepathically control Silver Surfer's board" thing.

Static Shock says:

"Doesn't matter what you tell people nowadays. Why do you think fanboys get pissed off at the ones that are more argumentative and logical than they are at proving their point (Ball Buster and ultimateninjagaidenx are perfect examples)? Why do people say a bunch of irrelevant crap when you ask them how their favorite superhero is gonna react to the other superhero's speed factor? People don't like to admit they are wrong. Must a pride thing or something, which to me is pretty stupid. They want to believe everything the say and do is right because they say and do it. They don't care what people tell them... Sometimes, it's not even worth to argue with people around here. They either get mad and tell you off, say something completely irrelevant, or act really stubborn... To make a long story short, ignorance is bliss, Vance.
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 18:42:41"

I completely agree.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"Sigh. Ok. I stand corrected: Marvel.com's wiki isn't to be considered official. Furthermore, Wikipedia.org isn't to be considered official; as well as Comicvine.com. This, then, poses a question: How much credence can be given to these unofficial sources? I know that Wikipedia.org tends to provide endnote references to it's claims. The point I'm trying to make with that list of sources, unofficial as they may be, is that it's a fact that the Surfer can do more things with the Power Cosmic than Warlock can with his power. Can we at least agree on that? {:)

Now as far as that 'evidence' you've given goes; it's completely flawed and taken out of context - as I've already noted, save for the "telepathically control Silver Surfer's board" thing.

Static Shock says:
    "Doesn't matter what you tell people nowadays. Why do you think fanboys get pissed off at the ones that are more argumentative and logical than they are at proving their point (Ball Buster and ultimateninjagaidenx are perfect examples)? Why do people say a bunch of irrelevant crap when you ask them how their favorite superhero is gonna react to the other superhero's speed factor? People don't like to admit they are wrong. Must a pride thing or something, which to me is pretty stupid. They want to believe everything the say and do is right because they say and do it. They don't care what people tell them... Sometimes, it's not even worth to argue with people around here. They either get mad and tell you off, say something completely irrelevant, or act really stubborn... To make a long story short, ignorance is bliss, Vance.
    I completely agree. "

Now we can't agree on that because Adam Warlock absorbs and manipulates the power cosmic and uses it any way he wants...

Silver Surfer can't do anything with the power cosmic that Adam can't.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Static Shock

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"Sigh. Ok. I stand corrected: Marvel.com's wiki isn't to be considered official. Furthermore, Wikipedia.org isn't to be considered official; as well as Comicvine.com. This, then, poses a question: How much credence can be given to these unofficial sources? I know that Wikipedia.org tends to provide endnote references to it's claims.

Well, let's put it this way. I think that the most reliable unofficial sites are DC Database and Marvel Database (And I say this because a lot of the info I've seen on it matches what's in the Official Handbooks), but like Wiki, Marvel.com and Comicvine, they may not be legit in terms of information. So, providing evidence from the comic books (scans) are the best way to back what's been said on all these unofficial sites. And a lot superheroes have plenty of respect threads on the internet. And, sometimes, the endnotes on Wiki are legit, but not always.
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 19:20:18

The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By The_Absolute

Vance Astro says:

"PhoenixSouvenir says:
    "Sigh. Ok. I stand corrected: Marvel.com's wiki isn't to be considered official. Furthermore, Wikipedia.org isn't to be considered official; as well as Comicvine.com. This, then, poses a question: How much credence can be given to these unofficial sources? I know that Wikipedia.org tends to provide endnote references to it's claims. The point I'm trying to make with that list of sources, unofficial as they may be, is that it's a fact that the Surfer can do more things with the Power Cosmic than Warlock can with his power. Can we at least agree on that? {:)

Static Shock says:
    I completely agree. "
    Now we can't agree on that because Adam Warlock absorbs and manipulates the power cosmic and uses it any way he wants... Silver Surfer can't do anything with the power cosmic that Adam can't. "

Interesting. I'd like to see when he did that, or even when it was infered that he could.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "PhoenixSouvenir says:

Static Shock says:
    I completely agree. "
    Now we can't agree on that because Adam Warlock absorbs and manipulates the power cosmic and uses it any way he wants... Silver Surfer can't do anything with the power cosmic that Adam can't. "
    Interesting. I'd like to see when he did that, or even when it was infered that he could. "

I would like you to show me that you know what Adam Warlock can do at all.

The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By The_Absolute

Vance Astro says:

"PhoenixSouvenir says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "PhoenixSouvenir says:

Static Shock says:
    I completely agree. "
    Interesting. I'd like to see when he did that, or even when it was infered that he could. "
    I would like you to show me that you know what Adam Warlock can do at all."

Oook. I'm done here.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slinger says:

"the human Juggernaut says:
    "Kraven says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Thor, S Surfer, Black Bolt."

See my earlier posts. Black Bolt doesn't count in this thread because he got owned by Hulk.

I just did some further research on Thor. According to a referenced source on Wikipedia, Stan Lee specifically created Thor with the intent of him being stronger than the Hulk. That's why Thor is a god, Lee couldn't think of a way to make any human stronger than Hulk. Based on this and what Eradicator said, I am pretty much convinced that Thor is the mightiest hero in the Marvel U."

no he didn't. A skrull got owned by WWH.

"

There is no evidence to support that. That is simply conjecture. We can't know if Black Bolt was a skrull when he fought Hulk on the moon. To my knowledge, it has yet to be revealed when he was replaced."

they said he was replaced back then the Illuminati went to throne world.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "PhoenixSouvenir says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "PhoenixSouvenir says:

Static Shock says:
    I completely agree. "
    I would like you to show me that you know what Adam Warlock can do at all."
    Oook. I'm done here."

You should be...

MARZOSIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By MARZOSIRUS

Thanos is my pick. He is smart , powerful, and ruthless. He is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Was once the most powerful being ever.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Static Shock

MARZOSIRUS says:

"Thanos is my pick. He is smart , powerful, and ruthless. He is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Was once the most powerful being ever. "

Thanos isn't a hero. The starter of the thread asked who is the most powerful hero, not villain...

moonhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By moonhunter

2 words      
    SQUIRREL GIRL

Adam Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Adam Warlock

She's not even a hero

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By speedlgt

I will not agree that Sentry lost to WW hulk. if anything they stalemated and mostly I say sentry allowed that to happen.

Adam Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Adam Warlock

Sentry went loose at the end, and hulk had to stop him (ironic is it not) but the entities known as Hulk and Sentry both stalemated and in the end Banner and Robert were there, ending with Banner knocking Robert to the ground so logically speaken, Sentry and Hulk stalemated, but Banner won against Robert.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By speedlgt
    Adam Warlock said:
    "Sentry went loose at the end, and hulk had to stop him (ironic is it not) but the entities known as Hulk and Sentry both stalemated and in the end Banner and Robert were there, ending with Banner knocking Robert to the ground so logically speaken, Sentry and Hulk stalemated, but Banner won against Robert.
    "
    I concur with that.
    Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#222  Edited By Ferro Vida
    Kraven said:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Thor, S Surfer, Black Bolt."
    See my earlier posts. Black Bolt doesn't count in this thread because he got owned by Hulk.I just did some further research on Thor. According to a referenced source on Wikipedia, Stan Lee specifically created Thor with the intent of him being stronger than the Hulk. That's why Thor is a god, Lee couldn't think of a way to make any human stronger than Hulk. Based on this and what Eradicator said, I am pretty much convinced that Thor is the mightiest hero in the Marvel U."
    It was from civil war what if? and what he said was he only used one third of his power when fighting a mortal for fear of killing them.
    Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Ferro Vida
    The Sentinel said:
    "What about BlackBolt?That is of course if he is actually still alive somewhere. The ability to open up holes in reality with your voice isn't shabby and I defy even Sentry to survive it. "

In world war hulk what if? where hulks wife survives instead of hulk she captures black bolt and uses him to kill dr. strange and sentry when they try to approach her ship
    Avatar image for the_messenger_09
    the-messenger-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i think the venom sybiote should win if its attached to the right person theres no stoping him now imagine vision with uploded brains from every one the the sybiote attached to vison thats power to the extreme

Adam Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Adam Warlock

<------------All day, everday.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I said it was Adam Warlock pages ago I believe,I remember this thread.I think the Sentry has the most potential to pass him though.I mean Green and Red Hulk are strong but because they are only men that turn into monsters with gamma rays....all that has to happen is the gamma be removed and it's game over.

Adam Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Adam Warlock

yea i know Sentry/Void would probably surpase him what goes to raw power

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Adam Warlock said:
    "yea i know Sentry/Void would probably surpase him what goes to raw power
    "
    The thing with that is though..I kind of don't want it to happen even though it is inevitable.With the Sentry's physical abilities combined with the Void's mental abilities and powers..he would be beyond unstoppable.
    Adam Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Adam Warlock

Exactly, and *hint hint* i see a new universal story arc where *SOMEONE* has to stop the *UNDEFEATABLE* threat... lol

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Ferro Vida

Well, Actually in the guide boo, "Civil War: Battle Damages Report," in Captain Mar-vell's section (Since he was brought to the present era through a time rift, just to catch everyone up) Tony Stark states that he, Reed Richards, and Hank Pym all agree that, with his Kree Nega-Bands, he is possibly the only Being in the universe Powerful enough to stop The Sentry/Void were he/they to lose control. And thank you Vance for mentioning him in this thread earlier. That was really driving me crazy.

Another Candidate that no one has brought up yet is Ghost Rider. Dr. Strange himself said that when the Spirit of vengeance is in control onstead of Johnny Blaze, he has power equal to that of a god, and would be more than strong enough to stop, say, The Hulk (Take THAT bulkling XD). This happened in Ghost Rider #14, I believe, for those of you who want to fact check.

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    Ferro Vida said:
    "Well, Actually in the guide boo, "Civil War: Battle Damages Report," in Captain Mar-vell's section (Since he was brought to the present era through a time rift, just to catch everyone up) Tony Stark states that he, Reed Richards, and Hank Pym all agree that, with his Kree Nega-Bands, he is possibly the only Being in the universe Powerful enough to stop The Sentry/Void were he/they to lose control. And thank you Vance for mentioning him in this thread earlier. That was really driving me crazy.

Another Candidate that no one has brought up yet is Ghost Rider. Dr. Strange himself said that when the Spirit of vengeance is in control onstead of Johnny Blaze, he has power equal to that of a god, and would be more than strong enough to stop, say, The Hulk (Take THAT bulkling XD). This happened in Ghost Rider #14, I believe, for those of you who want to fact check.
    "
    Well since Strange admitted he couldn't hurt the Sentry and that Ghost Rider was a more powerful being than him and his performance since becoming a New Avenger.....I don't even mention Strange as being powerful anymore.

Also I found alot of Tony's damage report to be contradictory of other sources but for the most part correct.As for Captain Marvel being the strongest being in the universe...the same was said about the Sentry by two different people so I don't think Captain Marvel can stop him.
    nathandan1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By nathandan1222

dormamu?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By warlock360
    Ferro Vida said:
    "Well, Actually in the guide boo, "Civil War: Battle Damages Report," in Captain Mar-vell's section (Since he was brought to the present era through a time rift, just to catch everyone up) Tony Stark states that he, Reed Richards, and Hank Pym all agree that, with his Kree Nega-Bands, he is possibly the only Being in the universe Powerful enough to stop The Sentry/Void were he/they to lose control. And thank you Vance for mentioning him in this thread earlier. That was really driving me crazy.

"
    Neh see sad thing is that this isnt Mar-Vell, it's a skrull :P
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    nathandan1222 said:
    "dormamu?"
    He's not a hero..and he's not that powerful.
    GreyGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By GreyGoose

this is a dumb question...i mean some one could find i dont know umm spider-man the most powerful...its all in peoples opinions

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    GreyGoose said:
    "this is a dumb question...i mean some one could find i dont know umm spider-man the most powerful...its all in peoples opinions"
    It is all opinion but it's educated opinion based on facts...not just saying any random character.We know for a fact Spider-Man isn't the strongest hero in Marvel.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Ghost Rider has the potentional to be the strongest...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#238  Edited By Erik

Thor is the pimp, unfortunatly not the most powerful. I would have to go with the toss up of Adam and Surfer. I hear a battle thread coming...

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Loaded Revolver

said: No even with the full power of Zarathos.

Avatar image for the_messenger_09
    the-messenger-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

hello venom is the strongest especily if he is attached to someone extreamly powerfull how about galactuss with venom attached to him haha

One-Above-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By One-Above-You
    the-messenger-09 said:
    "hello venom is the strongest especily if he is attached to someone extreamly powerfull how about galactuss with venom attached to him haha"
    Since when is Galactus or Venom a hero....
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Venom is weak as hell anyway.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Thor I would have to say.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By brainiac 1.0
    the-messenger-09 said:
    "hello venom is the strongest especily if he is attached to someone extreamly powerfull how about galactuss with venom attached to him haha"
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

said: Exactly what I was thinking.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By brainiac 1.0
    Vance Astro said:
    " said: Exactly what I was thinking."
    Is that guy stupid or what.
    Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#247  Edited By Hector

I'd go with Silver Surfer.

Madrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Madrox

I think The Living Tribunal (who could kill him??)
    2nd, Phoenix

Adam Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Adam Warlock

.... LT has been killed 2 times already

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    Madrox said:
    "I think The Living Tribunal (who could kill him??)
    2nd, Phoenix"
    Living Tribunal isn't a hero and the Phoenix is dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.