Who's better?! Echo or Tasky

#1 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio

They both have the same skills, but who is better in copying and applying the moves of other superheroes and villains to their opponents? I mean, Echo is deaf, but she can still kick a bad guy's butt. Tasky's has more experience, but he still manage to gets his butt kicked. Can anyone help me in here..

good fight but deaf..
experienced but still defeated..
#2 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster has been shown to be better in my opinion. But it could be that he's been around longer and has studied more others.

#3 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster. He not only copies the moves of people he's fought, but he's also able to watch and copy them from t.v./movies.

He's also able to use a limited version of increased speed called "Double Time"

I dont believe Echo can do that. Or at least hasn't been shown to.

Hopefully both characters get more ink in the future.

Great characters.

#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

TM

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Echo..she is in my top 10 of favorite characters but she's hasn't been fully developed yet.Taskmaster has been around for years.It's an unfair match-up as to who is a better character.I like Taskmaster but he is poorly written more than half the time to look like an inferior martial artist.

As far as a fighter...Echo IMO has shown to be the better fighter IMO.She would have never lost to Deadpool while his arms and legs were tied or while he was fighting 3 other villians,she would have never been scared of Moon Knight...and if it wasn't for DD being such a ladies man...she probably would have killed him. (which brings me to the point..I am tired of male\female hero fights ending in a kiss).
#6 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I love Echo..she is in my top 10 of favorite characters but she's hasn't been fully developed yet.Taskmaster has been around for years.It's an unfair match-up as to who is a better character.I like Taskmaster but he is poorly written more than half the time to look like an inferior martial artist.
As far as a fighter...Echo IMO has shown to be the better fighter IMO.She would have never lost to Deadpool while his arms and legs were tied or while he was fighting 3 other villians,she would have never been scared of Moon Knight...and if it wasn't for DD being such a ladies man...she probably would have killed him. (which brings me to the point..I am tired of male\female hero fights ending in a kiss).
"

i AGREE...eCHO ALL THE WAY
#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Tasky for me. Of course he's going to lose more. He's been around longer and has become more than a guest villain. When a character only pops up for a short while they can look good and be gone. When they hang around they're more subject to getting short shrifted so they don't show up too many others, so they "know their place" and whatnot. Regardless though, I like Taskmaster better as a character and I also think his abilities are better. Methos mentioned his double time, but he's also better with his normal move copying in general. Comparing how much Echo needs to watch fights (check out how much she watched videos of just Bullseye and Daredevil to get them down) and how fast Taskmaster does it (perfectly copying moves in the middle of a fight) or just the variety he has over her he seems to be better. Anyway, that's what I think. 

#8 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Echo have a big disadvantage in being deaf.
Has she ever beaten anyone noteworthy?

#9 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Well Echo have a big disadvantage in being deaf.
Has she ever beaten anyone noteworthy?"
I think a skrull posing as Daredevil and a lot of hand ninjas..
#10 Edited by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#11 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Master of Task

#12 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

echo for the win

#13 Posted by Business Patron (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Tasky

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Well Echo have a big disadvantage in being deaf.
Has she ever beaten anyone noteworthy?"
She almost beat Daredevil..she started off as one of his villains.In fact what she did to him should have killed him but being the hero he lived.
#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think their photographic reflexes are equal. Echo could do whatever Taskmaster could do. Taskmaster just has more experience at what he does.

#16 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Taskmaster. He not only copies the moves of people he's fought, but he's also able to watch and copy them from t.v./movies.

He's also able to use a limited version of increased speed called "Double Time"

I dont believe Echo can do that. Or at least hasn't been shown to.

Hopefully both characters get more ink in the future.

Great characters."
Echo has actually watched the fights of Daredevil and I believe Bullseye when she was first introduced so she could prepare to battle Daredevil.  So for me Echo.
#17 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster.

#18 Posted by GaMbLa96 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

taskmaster=echo. echo = taskmaster. they r both awsome!

#19 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster has the edge in experience and he actually uses the weapons of people he copies, so he beats Echo in my opinion.

#20 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to pick Taskmaster, I mean the guy can call on Cap's movies or Bruce Lee's. Plus you can't really count his loses against him, after all he is a villian and villians are ment to lose. You can't have Taskmaster wiping the floor with guys like Cap, Moonknight, or Black Knight all the time. Also I dont' know much about Echo, but if she is deaf I am sure Taskmaster would just whip the shield at her from a distance to knock her out. Now I don't know if she has a radar sense like Dare Devil, so I am measuring that against she doesn't.

#21 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I have to go with Taskmaster. Didn't he kick all the avengers's butts first time he showed up? Echo has to manage that before she moves in the same category (but she's still totally awesome on my list and as a character I like her better than Taskamster because she is more developed).

#22 Edited by Citizen Vance (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as far as fighting skill itself goes,Taskmaster is obviously better because he's been around longer.
Echo however has a better track record.Elektra is the only person who has beaten her.Oh and Spider-Woman but I don't count that.

#23 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Echo.

#24 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster not only does he make better use of his ability, but he also has an eye for potential and is a great teacher. 

#25 Posted by SethVonDoom (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joe Venom said:
" Taskmaster not only does he make better use of his ability, but he also has an eye for potential and is a great teacher.  "
Taskmaster doesn't make better use of his ability.He's been around alot longer than Echo.Echo hasn't had time to do any of those things.Neither is better.Photographic reflexes is photographic reflexes.There is no levels.It's not like healing factor,energy manipulation,speed,or strength.
#27 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster because he's not lame...?

*Prepares for flame*

#28 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster.

#29 Posted by RightScar (313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Joe Venom said:
" Taskmaster not only does he make better use of his ability, but he also has an eye for potential and is a great teacher.  "
Taskmaster doesn't make better use of his ability.He's been around alot longer than Echo.Echo hasn't had time to do any of those things.Neither is better.Photographic reflexes is photographic reflexes.There is no levels.It's not like healing factor,energy manipulation,speed,or strength. "
#30 Posted by IrishX (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about who would win in a fight but to me Echo is a way better character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.