Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Who would you say are Marvel's "Magnificent Seven?"

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I would say a majority of people would believe that the original JLA features DC's most iconic (and possibly most popular) superheroes of the company, which is why I personally dubbed them DC's Magnificent Seven. Each character is iconic, and represents each "family" in the DCU (i.e. Superman represents Supergirl, Batman represents Nightwing, Hal represents Kyle, etc.).

By that logic, who would Marvel's Magnificent Seven be?

I'd think that they'd be:

1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Thor
    4. Hulk
    5. Spider-Man
    6. Wolverine
    7. Thing

So, who would you say are Marvel's "Magnificent Seven?"

oduck31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By oduck31

I Think the first six are a now brainer the seventh is a tough one though.

1 Spider-Man

2 Wolverine

3 Ironman

4 Hulk

5 Thor

6 Captain America

7 Ms Marvel

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
    Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

Depends because DCU is constructed differently then Marvel but i broke it down by teams or factions like this:

1. New York City - Spider-Man

2. X-men - Wolverine

3. Fantastic Four - Thing

4. Avengers - Captain America

5. Defenders - Doctor Strange

6. Marvel Knight - Hulk

7. SHIELD, SWORD ect... - Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Honorable mentions go to:

Silver Surfer

Iron Man

Thor

Adam Warlok

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Galactic_Man

The Avengers scored some major points, so I would say:

1. Spider-Man
    2. Iron Man
    3. Hulk
    4. Thor
    5. Captain America
    6. Wolverine
    7. Thing

- It's hard to say, but then again, this is what I love about Marvel. They have more ranged and interesting characters than DC. Everytime someone asks "who are DC's top characters", I always hear -

• Superman
    • Batman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Green Lantern
    • Flash
    • Aquaman

- The same six. Nothing wrong with that, but this is the reason I lost interest in DC... They focused too much on these boys :P Actually, they focused too much on Batman.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By lorex

Marvels 'Magnificant' Seven' are: 
    Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor 
    Wolverine
    Hulk
    Cyclops

I am not discounting the popularity of Thing, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel or Storm but in reality even with the way Marvel has been throwing him under the bus lately, Cyclops has a larger presence either of those characters.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jhazzroucher

This:

No Caption Provided
    Seafarinhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seafarinhare

@Gambit1024 said:

I would say a majority of people would believe that the original JLA features DC's most iconic (and possibly most popular) superheroes of the company, which is why I personally dubbed them DC's Magnificent Seven. Each character is iconic, and represents each "family" in the DCU (i.e. Superman represents Supergirl, Batman represents Nightwing, Hal represents Kyle, etc.).

By that logic, who would Marvel's Magnificent Seven be?

I'd think that they'd be:

1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Thor
    4. Hulk
    5. Spider-Man
    6. Wolverine
    7. Thing

So, who would you say are Marvel's "Magnificent Seven?"

I would agree with this list.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@jhazzroucher said:

This:

No Caption Provided

I actually agree. Maybe there is something to that 2012 nonsense.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Blood1991 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

This:

No Caption Provided

I actually agree. Maybe there is something to that 2012 nonsense.

yehey! : )

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@lorex said:

I am not discounting the popularity of Thing, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel or Storm but in reality even with the way Marvel has been throwing him under the bus lately, Cyclops has a larger presence either of those characters.

You really think so? I'd say that Cyclops is popular, especially now, but I put Thing in the seventh slot because he's one of Marvel's first heroes (during the 60's era of awesome), and he represents Marvel's first family (more so than Reed, anyway).

I considered Storm for the slot as well, but she'd be representing the X-Men, and Wolverine is much more popular in that regard. If not, she'd be representing the female heroes, and when it boils down to it, female heroes just aren't as popular as the male superheroes. True, I have the big three Avengers all up there, but Cap represents the Golden Age heroes, Thor represents the mystical heroes, and Iron Man represents the actual Avengers team, seeing as how he's always been a member and that he's funded them since day one.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Gambit1024 said:

@lorex said:

You really think so? I'd say that Cyclops is popular, especially now, but I put Thing in the seventh slot because he's one of Marvel's first heroes (during the 60's era of awesome), and he represents Marvel's first family (more so than Reed, anyway).

I considered Storm for the slot as well, but she'd be representing the X-Men, and Wolverine is much more popular in that regard. If not, she'd be representing the female heroes, and when it boils down to it, women just aren't as popular as the male superheroes. True, I have the big three Avengers all up there, but Cap represents the Golden Age heroes, Thor represents the mystical heroes, and Iron Man represents the actual Avengers team, seeing as how he's always been a member and that he's funded them since day one.

I'd say Storm and Cyclops deserve the top 7 spot more than Thing. The X-Men team is more popular than FF. The X-men has more films than FF, more cartoons, more advertisements and more video games than FF.

Ghost Rider may have 3 films but I think Thing is more popular than him.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Zdaybreak

@lorex said:

Marvels 'Magnificant' Seven' are: Spider-ManCaptain America Iron Man Thor WolverineHulk Cyclops I am not discounting the popularity of Thing, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel or Storm but in reality even with the way Marvel has been throwing him under the bus lately, Cyclops has a larger presence either of those characters.

This list.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

After thinking more and more about it, I stand by my original list. Here's why:

• Superman represents the Golden Age, being the first comic book superhero. Captain America should stand for the Golden Age on the Marvel side because his whole origin revolves around WWII.
    • Batman represents the Street Heroes, being the ultimate badass with no superpowers at his disposal. While having no superpowers isn't exactly a requirement of being a Street Hero, Batman lives by Gotham. Spider-Man represents it on the Marvel side being notorious for living in NYC.
    • Wonder Woman represents the Mystical side of DC, just as much as Thor represents it for Marvel.
    • Flash (Allen) is the embodiment of the Silver Age of comic books. The Silver Age began with Allen's first appearance, and ended with his death. The Thing represents it on the Marvel side because the Fantastic Four was the first Marvel comic that brought the company back in the 1960's.
    • Green Lantern (Jordon) represents Space and Technology, being a space cop that wields the most powerful weapon in the universe. While the Iron Man suit isn't the most powerful thing in the universe, Stark is often labeled as the dude with all the fancy tech in the Marvel Universe.
    • Aquaman represents a Race of people that inhabit 2/3's of the earth: The Atlanteans. Marvel's got the mutants, and Wolverine is the most popular candidate to represent the race.
    • Martian Manhunter is a character that represents Solitude. He's the last of his kind, and, in my opinion, works better alone. Hulk's whole shtick is about his desire of being alone. He doesn't play well with others, being the embodiment of solitude in the Marvel Universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.