Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Who's your favorite marvel character

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who's your favorite character in the marvel universe and why?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain america because of his morals

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Spider-man and Scarlet Spider (Kaine) are tied in 1st for me.

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rebelpunk13

The Hulk since I was a kid. I could always identify with the the anger and rage within him. I'm 26 and still read Hulk, started with Peter David and Mcfarlanes run when I was a kid and been hooked ever since. Most people dont like Hulk comics, but he is a pretty interesting character with great stories.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thor. The first comic i read was The Mighty Thor #4 so he holds a special place in my heart. I used to absolutely hate the character, but after reading his stories I love how he has a warrior's spirit but loves peace; he is compassionate, caring, kind and wise. He's one of the toughest there is but he is also one of the greatest people you could meet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sabretooth been my favorite since I was little watching Xmen cartoons. And I always liked the villians more than the heroes.

dennist888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor cos I love Norse mythology too and it ties in well. Plus it was the first figurine I collected so got a soft spot for the big guy!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FearTheLiving
    No Caption Provided

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough one...Daredevil,Spider-man,Kaine,Spider-man 2099, Hawkeye, Punisher, Moon Knight.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ilikedonuts

My favorite Marvel character is Thing. I loe him 'cause he's courageous, brave, determined, stubborn, sarcastic, never gives up, cheerful, quite optimistic, big, bulky, strong, powerful, durable an' always ready for a fight an' is a very skilled fighter too. I also love him 'cause of his New York accent. My second favorite Marvel character is Juggernaut, 'cause he is quite courageous an' brave for a villain, an' is pretty aggressive an' sarcastic. I also love him 'cause he's very big, strong an' powerful, an' durable, an' his armor an' accent are also really cool, an' he's always ready for a fight. My third favorite Marvel character is Hulk, an' I love him 'cause he's courageous, stubborn, determined, aggressive, misunderstood (people thinkin' he's a monster but he still keeps bein' a hero) an' he's very big, strong, powerful an' durable. I like him the best when he's Gravage Hulk, with Savage Hulk comin' second.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Captain America. For what he represents.

SolidWall211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, and Deadpool tied for first. Cyclops second, and Gambit for third.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Hellion, Jean Gray, Rogue, and Quicksilver.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spider man been a fan of him since I was a little kid.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr doom , Thanos , Hercules , Galactus

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Smoking_Gun

Wolverine. For one, his solo books are some of the first comics I read as a kid. What kept me coming back to him and his stories was the depth of his character. He was always searching for answers about why he was who he was. I think this is truly a human condition and was conveyed incredibly through the lens of Wolverine. Often his search led him into circumstances that quickly got out of his control and had unintended consequences that may only lead to flashes of his memories or affected those around him. Despite all of this he always fought for what was right and good and truly cared for those around him, even if his immediate actions may not have reflected that.

I also feel he has some of the best villains in comics. Without well written and creative villains even the best heroes will seem flat and quickly become stale. This was never the case with Wolverine, even his least threatening villains were interesting to read and furthered his long story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.