Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

who is marvel's superman

• 79 results
    GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By GTG12

either cap or thor imo.
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By buttersdaman000

Idk....
    I guess Thor or Cap...
    Or, maybe Gladiator, but he is just a copy of Superman......however, I do like that he is part of a space league.....I wish DC would do that with Supes......

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Wise Son
    @PunkMastaFlex: You're straw maning what I typed. You made one hell of a blanket statement saying the entire universe looks up and admires Superman and his morals. Get outta here, you can't be serious. Now that's ridiculous. In the cultural context it's right if you want to keep straw maning the hell out of my statements. While we're at let's make sure we demonize all the soldiers fighting in a war they don't believe is justified? That was just a clever selling point for DC. Don't you think if Superman's beliefs were that important to every sack of flesh in the universe it wouldn't be a need for a Legion? 
    RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RoyalDivinity
    @Wise Son
    I never said the entire universe, note that, I said the Legion. Tell me, do you think Gladiators better than Superman? The guy whom serves his government willingly and will blindly carry out it's orders? This is the same thing with Hitler and the Nazis. If Gladiator was serving Hitler, he would've wiped out the entire jews, gypsies, freemasons ect just because of his "honor". It's like saying the Nazis deserve to be forgiven just because they obey their leader and his rule. Here's a scenario: 

Hitler aka, the Shiar emperor: Gladiator, I order you to kill every single human on planet earth. 

Gladiator: Yes my emperor. 

In the eyes of anyone outside this government system, it's wrong and evil.
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By HellionVulcan

Hyperion & Gladiator for looks & power but captain America if going by morals & i lol'd at the user saying superman has spider-mans popularity just has never will never happen ..

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Wise Son
    @PunkMastaFlex said:

@Wise SonSo are you saying that the Empire of the Shiar > the universe? I don't see other people embracing Gladiators belief system. That's like saying being a Nazi is ok during Hitlers reign. Because it's "right" within this government but it's wrong in general. Because your honor bound to carry out his orders without question. Supermans ideals and beliefs however, changed the future and the legion of superheroes "worship" him because of it and try to follow his idealism.

There you implied it by comparing the two. One side favors Kallark and the other favors Supes. 

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Wise Son: I never asked for their cultures. I know how it is and how it shaped both of them. Funny thing is, Supermans beliefs have been looked up upon throughout the DC universe while Gladiators is just to serve a throne despite if the rulers diabolical as Joker and ect. Tell me, who is the universe going to look up to more? Superman or Gladiator?

And again....

@PunkMastaFlex
    : I despise Superman so by default I favor Kallark. He has a more interesting story IMO as well. Superman's beliefs aren't all that noble. There is no absolute evil. Do you not understand that systems like right and wrong are based on the cultural context. I don't blame the weapon as much as I blame the handler if that's what you're asking. From the Shi'ar perspective he' just as well respected as Supes. 
    RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RoyalDivinity
    @Wise Son
    However, from all around, he's not whereas, Superman is. Look around for the amount of fanboys Superman has and how many Gladiator has. Using cultural context as a form of logic, is it right for Nazis to be treated with crimes just because they were simply obeying orders from Hitler? You can't blindly follow the governments laws and accept it's sense of right and wrong. You'd have to follow your own mind and free will.
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Wise Son
    @PunkMastaFlex: Gov't does not equal culture. Correlation does not equal causation. (facepalm) You're really not grasping this concept. Depends. There is no objective right or wrong. What's deemed okay to some is wrong for others. It's called groupthink. People do it all the time. 
    RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RoyalDivinity
    @Wise Son
    And tell me what the majority accepts? Superman or Gladiator? I understand what your saying. I'm just challenging this because I have nothing better to do atm.
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wise Son
    @PunkMastaFlex: I think we can agree the majority doesn't know enough about Gladiator to make an educated decision. They'll side with Supes just because of unfamiliarity with the opposing character. I think people will get lost in the ideological aspects of Supes too (not to mention he's a power fantasy). Gladiator is a more realist reflection on humanity. What a life (a soldier's life) dependent on war does to people. I still think Supes wins the popularity vote.
    RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RoyalDivinity
    @Wise Son
    Right + that the fact that you can easily twice Gladiators beliefs into evil. I'm not going to blindly destroy a planet just because my emperor/empress tells me so.
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Wise Son
    @PunkMastaFlex: I personally agree but others may feel different. Upon further reflection I think Blue Marvel has a lot in common with Supes as far as beliefs go. He was willing to fight the Avengers to prove his point.
    blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By blackadam

this is not even a battle thread. it's just a sailly excuse for some to troll. this should be move.
    Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
    Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator and Hyperion.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Equonox

Gladiator or Hyperion. 

Gladiator seems like a way cooler, albeit weaker, version of supes. 

Hyperion is a bit of a knockoff...
    sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By sa5m

The Sentry or Hyperion =)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Spider-man cuz he wears the red and blue too and doesn't have a purple face and mohawk.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

In what sense? Powers? Beliefs? Morals?

This.

And it's not a battle.

Pretty much this.  

However, I guess it might be considered a contest of sorts... but ya, it's not a battle merely a contest of opinion.  

As an aside, there's a lot that makes Superman the icon that he is. And for those that downplay his influence, he is among the top three comic book icons so he is significant and will always be significant in the world of comics. This is irrefutable.
    XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By XLR87T3

Thor.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By fodigg

I assumed the OP meant form a sales/icon standpoint and went with Spider-Man.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hoboseid

@TheSupremeBeing said:

@TheGoldenOne: Overall i guess Powers , i would say gladiator Morals/Belifes would be captain america On Par would be with would be thor Popularity would be spiderman i just think gladiator is similer to him in terms of powers and costume
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Primmaster64

Sentry

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

well it depends what category of Superman you are talking about. With populary with fans I would say Spider-man and with strength I would say Hulk.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By XLR87T3

How is Gladiator Marvel's Superman? He spends more time in space than he does on Earth, unlike Thor. But in powers than yeah, so does Hyperion.
    unopen7639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By unopen7639

sentry has the same basic powers, but he is probably slower. he maybe has a better energy projection.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Captain America 

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By XLR87T3

Thor is Marvel's Superman because they're almost the same in powerset, and they're both mostly earthbound, and they both hate killing (they hold back alot). Not to metion people tend to look up to Thor more than Gladiator or Hyperion, unless you mean literally, then Gladiator is a galaxy away.

Macest128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Macest128

@XLR87T3 said:

Thor is Marvel's Superman because they're almost the same in powerset, and they're both mostly earthbound, and they both hate killing (they hold back alot). Not to metion people tend to look up to Thor more than Gladiator or Hyperion, unless you mean literally, then Gladiator is a galaxy away.

then i wonder who is marvel's captain marvel?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By XLR87T3

@Macest128: Probably Sentry or Beta Ray Bill

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.