Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Who else thinks Marvel needs a New 52 type relauch?

• 110 results
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Strider1992
    @Manwhohaseverything: Fair enough. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm pretty much indifferent towards him.  
    I do like the morals off Spidey that's gonna be in the next issue. I don't think i've seen Spidey look that threatening but as I said I have a feeling 700 is going to do something big that i'm either gonna love or hate.
    DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DocFatalis

@god_spawn said:

In the fifty threads before this asking the same question, no. Marvel just needs to stop the events and focus on just telling stories again.

you're my new best friend.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ChaosMarvel
    @Strider92 said:
    @Manwhohaseverything: Fair enough. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm pretty much indifferent towards him.  I do like the morals off Spidey that's gonna be in the next issue. I don't think i've seen Spidey look that threatening but as I said I have a feeling 700 is going to do something big that i'm either gonna love or hate.
    Morals Off Spider-man O.O dear god the horror!
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By IcePrince_X

No.

the ultimate universe is enough to give us a glimpse of another world of Marvel...the 616 should stay as it is.

events like AOA, House of M, are just okay for me but to relaunch something to make it updated because an emerging group can't cope with the history of characters is really killing or severing the true fans . But I guess at the end of the day...its just money talk and marketing strategy to get a better demographics.

Also, its not just Marvel who steal ideas and concepts... DC and other comic book companies do it too.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By oraclefyre

There's just so much history, and so many characters, and so many stories intertwine....I think it needs a reboot, but I'm so connected to it all I couldn't bare it.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Enosisik

No terrible idea

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By ExtraLarge

Marvel's biggest problem is capitalism, not continuity. If almost every team wasn't x-something or something-avengers, and you had teams with their own identities doing their own thing and not being tied to the rest of their family of teams, you would have a much more interesting Marvel universe. Of course, most of those books would be cancelled for low sales, but at least the few that survived would give us something to smile about.

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By rico_3088

@SandMan_ said:

Marvel needs a reboot ASAP

yup, back to the 90's

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By majestic99

@Illuminatus said:

I'd be open to it.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Adnan

They're still making more money than DC is, I doubt they feel the need to. Not sure how they get away with £3.99 on most of their titles and double-shipping on some of their titles, but they do.

A7D7A7M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By A7D7A7M

I find value in Marvel and DC but I grew up strictly Marvel until recently. I'm 37 and in the last few years I have dropped all marvel books except Amazing Spiderman and Incredible Hulk. Incredible Hulk is in jeopardy of being dropped right now.The other 14 books I read are DC and 10 years ago that would have been unheard of for me. The thing that irritates the hell out of me about Marvel is the lack of continuity. How many teams can Wolverine be in and be the headmaster at a school? Also it seems like EVERYBODY in the marvel universe is either a member of the Avengers or some X team. Also if Dr. Doom is trapped in the other dimension with all the other alternate Dooms then how can he be in Winter Soldier and Incredible Hulk? I believe that an editorial policy change would help a lot more than a reboot. I have enjoyed the New 52 but I think there are other ways to fix Marvel's mess instead of a reboot. Just the short version of my opinion.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said this before, and I will say it again

NO

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

No, I dont think marvel needs a revamp. I do think that they need to branch out more, Marvel has Street Level and Science Fiction down, I think that they could use more fantasy (something other than Thor and Journey into Mystery) more cosmic stuff and horror. It would be nice if the X-Men and Avengers weren't all over the place. The other thing is that we fans have to stop buying into all these events, we say we don't want them, but we keep buying them anyway.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I don't think they need a reboot, but I think they need to take a risk that will change Marvel comics forever like Dc did with the New 52

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By jinxuandi

No, one of the things I enjoy about Marvel is the continuity. Some characters could definitely use a reboot, but they can do that by doing something that Marvel has been historically afraid to do: killing off a character and having another person replace their identity. They could start with Bruce Banner, who's already been replaced by Ross and whose character development has pretty much run its course.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#66  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I would actually be pretty open to the idea. However, at this point it would just look like a blatant rip-off of DC's move.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By ReVamp

@Illuminatus said:

I'd be open to it.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@k4tzm4n said:

I would actually be pretty open to the idea. However, at this point it would just look like a blatant rip-off of DC's move.

Eh. I think people would get over that initial, "OMGZ, MARVEL RIPPED OF DA DC REBOOOOTTTTT!!!!!" if Marvel put out quality stories.

Of course, they can always just put more focus into the currently revitalized Ultimate universe.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#69  Edited By x_29

They already did, it is called the ultimate universe.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#70  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm confused.I want it but I know that Marvel will do something crappy.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Osian2

Wasn't the ultimate universe basically a reboot? A reboot isn't necessary at the moment and would probably p*** off a lot of fans. The ultimate universe has become just as convoluted as the 616 universe. Look at the new 52, yes it's pretty straightforward at the moment but they're already introducing parallel worlds with earth-2. Give it a couple of years and it will become like the ultimate universe. Also although the new 52 was supposed to be a reboot, the bat-books and GL-books (two of the most popular series) are more like continuations.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

No Marvel doesn't need a reboot, because its fiction isn't a complete trainwreck like DC's. I'm not saying they don't have issues, nor am I saying that there isn't bad writing in Marvel, but I certainly don't get confused with the way I do DC.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'd be down for a relaunch.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jnr6Lil

At this point yes.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By evilvegeta74

Never!

GenisAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GenisAtom

Not really. Spiderman just had one( more or less), and x-men are probably the only group that would need it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#77  Edited By TheCannon

@Blood1991 said:

No, Marvel prides itself in its continuity. It can reboot without suddenly shifting everything or just throwing away years of history. A slow reboot is a yes, dropping everything I have ever read about a character for a new universe which will also be a complete mess is a terrible idea. Marvel needs new writers not a new universe.

This.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already have gradually over the last 18 months, it's not needed, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread the only people who want this are lazy and/or DC readers. Most titles are only around issue 12.

Avenging Spider-Man #7

Dark Avengers #1 (#176)

Daredevil #14

Uncanny X-Men #14

Venom #19

Punisher #12

FF #19

Incredible Hulk #10

Mighty Thor #16

Wolverine and the X-Men #12

Ultimates #12

Captain America #13

Scarlet Spider #6

Ultimate X-Men #13

Uncanny X-Force #26

X-Men #30

Age of Apocalypse #4

Defenders #7

Ultimate Spiderman #11

Winter Soldier #6

X-Treme X-Men #1

Hawkeye #1

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Well, If it gives Moon Knight a better writer and it erases the clone saga and one more day, then I'm up for it.

but If it doesn't then I don't see the purpose.

Orion2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Orion2012

Count me in for a Marvel reboot. I'm just returning to comics after being away for a while and I luckily jumped in right at the New 52 reboot last year and I love it.

I think I have maybe 2 or 3 Marvels on my pull list. Captain America, Avengers vs X-Men and The Defenders. That's it. I tried some other titles but getting to the last page without getting frustrated as to who's who, what and why is a struggle at best.

I'm actually hoping that the Avengers / X-Men saga results in some kind of reboot.

It's sorely needed. I also don't believe if Marvel did a DC style reboot that they would be looked at with scorn and accused of ripping off DC. DC's New 52 was a visionary step in modern comics.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jonEsherfey

I don't think so. I think it would just be like they were copying DC which is what it would be. They should wait more because the relaunch can help people get into the comics it can also be confusing.

Barnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Barnes

Marvel needs a lot of things right now, like easing on the crossovers, cause ever since civil war, marvel has thrown a LOT of crossovers that they are onlly making it difficult for new readers to follow the comics. Secondly, they need new writers, like Gambit1024 said, they have like 4 really good writers, and none of them, are calling the shots. They don't need a relaunch, it would probably be a good idea, but they shouldn't go that far..yet. For instamce, remember the brief Heroic Age which came after Siege? That was brief, but good, and easy to follow. But that ended with yet anpther crossover: fear itself. I hope you get what I'm trying to say, marvel doesn't need a relaunch, it only need to stop complicating their stories, and getting new writers to work on them. Besides, marvel prides itself in it's continuity.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mr_gone

@Barnes: exactly right sir

I really, really hope that marvel never pulls the crap they're doing at dc. Continuity is one of the funnest things about comics. They killed any semblance of it over at dc, i would be very sad to see marvel do the same. if you want a marvel reboot why don't you just stick it out with the ultimate line, it's not bad and that's what it's there for.

Orion2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Orion2012

There are only two Marvel books on my pull list now. All the New 52 titles have survived on my pull list. When Marvel decides it wants to put out something that makes me say, "Wow, I gotta have this," then we'll see.

I tried to pick up an X-Men book last week. I really wanted to be drawn in, but I wasn't.

DC holds the cards right now.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By _Zombie_

It barely half-worked for DC. Not exactly optimistic about it working for Marvel if it'd be with their current editorial staff.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Aero_gt

I ONLY READ X MEN RELATED COMICS AND OTHER THAN UNCANNY X MEN , I PICK UP AND DROP FROM STORIES. NO REBOOT RIGHT NOW FOR ME AS NONE OF THE OTHER MARVEL COMICS GET MY ATTENTION ANYMORE AND RESTARTING WOULD JUST PUSH ME OVER THE EDGE TO DC.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By UrbanChill

they need one urgently atleast for me to get involved with their comics

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#88  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @tim2081 said:

@Twentyfive said:

1. Better editorial direction
    2. Stop milking the same two franchises
    3. Include more genres

The have one fantasy comic (to my knowledge), and probably NO horror comics. Comic storytelling goes beyond superheroes, and often times, superhero comics can transcend the usual mindless action stories. Marvel needs to learn these things.

Blade and Ghost Rider can be considered horror, so can some of Dr. Strange's stories, and the Marvel Zombies series. Marvel also has more gray-area characters, and less stereotypical superheroes, like Hulk, Punisher, and Wolverine. Otherwise, I agree that they don't need a reboot, but more focused storytelling.

None of these characters actually have a book also Hulk and Wolverine are basicaly just cape books now Punisher is the only book Marvel has that deviates from the chaff 
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#89  Edited By Teerack

Marvel already did a new 52. It's called Ultimate Comics(and i don't mean that literally but it can server basically the same purpose as the new 52).

Marvel, unlike DC has done a good job with progressing characters forward in their life's. If they were to launch a new 52 and say put Peter Parker back in high school I would stop reading it, because everything that makes Peter Parker what he is today comes from a long list of mistakes and choices, and if his history were thrown away I don't think i could get back into it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ExtraLarge said:
    Marvel's biggest problem is capitalism, not continuity. If almost every team wasn't x-something or something-avengers, and you had teams with their own identities doing their own thing and not being tied to the rest of their family of teams, you would have a much more interesting Marvel universe. Of course, most of those books would be cancelled for low sales, but at least the few that survived would give us something to smile about.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Pepole that keep saying "Marvel already did a reboot with the Ultimate Universe" obviously don't reed the Ultimate Universe 

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By oraclefyre

X-Men need it so badly because they have so much history that needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Getty96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Getty96

Yes they do. Peter Parker does not exist at all! Marvel needs a reboot bad. DC's new 52 made their comics accessible to new readers, so I wish that Marvel would do the same.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have been rebooted its called Age of Ultron. An unholy abomination similar to Flashpoint.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MakkyD

@getty96: He has 35 years worth of stories, they don't need to reboot him.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The Marvel Universe doesn't need a reboot, what they need is to figure out how to take their characters and introduce them to a new generation without starting completely from scratch. They have short of done this with Marvel Now!, but the fact that only certain books were effected by Marvel Now!, it didn't make every title as accessible to new readers because some titles were relaunched while others weren't.

What Marvel needs to do and relaunch all of there titles, keeping all their history but presenting it in a way that is easily accessible for new readers while keeping it fresh and new for older readers as well.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

To be honest...I wouldn't mind, I have no idea what the heck is going on in most X-Men stories as it is. I say destroy the Ultimate universe for good and relaunch the 616 one...only without the mistakes DC made...that stupid 5 year plan...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should make another alternate universe ala Ultimate comics cause even that has a decade of history at this stage. Also isn't the ultimate line rumoured to be ending soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.