Who are Marvel's big three just now?

• 53 results
#1 Posted by Bezza (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone says DC's big three is easy to name, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

What about Marvel? Well spiderman, obviously, but the other two is more difficult. I think its probably Iron Man and Hulk to make up the three, but with so many movie appearances and a decent following, is it perhaps Spiderman, Iron Man and Wolverine?

I am sure some Thor fans will disagree, but I think 3 of those 4 above named characters are currently in the big 3, I just can't decide which ones!

#2 Posted by Manchine (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Spiderman, Wolverine and Iron Man. Those 3 characters are the most easily spotted by everyone.

#3 Posted by Doomnaut (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Iron Man & the Hulk.

#4 Posted by Doomnaut (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Marvel has 4

#6 Posted by Spideysense44 (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I always see spiderman,Thor,captain America,hulk,ironman,and wolverine idk if they hav a big 3.. But if it goes by strength sentry,thor,and hulk

#7 Edited by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey Cap and Iron Man

#8 Posted by sonofodin25 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

By Popularity: Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man

By Strength: Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer (Sentry's overrated)

#9 Posted by Jack Donaghy (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Hulk and Iron Man.

#10 Edited by OmniBeast (475 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Spider Man, Hulk, and Iron man. Spider man is detable with Deadpool.

#11 Posted by Spideysense44 (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool will never b in big 3

#12 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Thor ... and Captain America for some part.
But mostly Spider-Man and Thor.

#13 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Hulk, and Wolverine I'd say....just based on overall pop culture recognition over the years.

Iron Man and Cap have experienced recent surges in their popularity, but they're relatively recent in terms of mainstream recognition.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32864 posts) - - Show Bio

The DC Trinity are not the 3 most popular characters, they are the three most important characters in universe

#15 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey - Cap - Wolverine

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

The DC Trinity are not the 3 most popular characters, they are the three most important characters in universe

They're not? Supes, Bats, and WW are essentially DC's most popular characters. I suppose a case could be made to replace WW with Robin or Joker, but for the most part, the Trinity are the most well-known heroes from DC.

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: No He is right that's the reason for the DCU's big three.

As for marvel in the universe their big 3 are Steve Rogers , Iron-man and Thor but in popularity it's Spiderman , iron-man and wolverine

#18 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@veshark: No He is right that's the reason for the DCU's big three.

Well yeah, that's why they're called the Trinity, but they also happen to be DC's three most popular heroes.

#19 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Ok your both right. Now stop nit picking or your not getting a internet cookie.

#20 Posted by GonzoVG (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Deadpool and Wolverine.

#21 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@veshark: Ok your both right. Now stop nit picking or your not getting a internet cookie.

COOKIE.

#22 Edited by jhazzroucher (15182 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by Jayc1324 (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey wolverine and iron man/hulk. One of those two

#24 Edited by MaccyD (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, Iron man and Thor.

They're the trinity of Justice league similar to the 3 are for avengers. Popularity-wise though, wonder woman has been beat by Flash due to Big Bang Theory, Aquaman due to jokes and of course Robin or Catwoman.

#25 Edited by Strider92 (16148 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Spidey wolverine and iron man/hulk. One of those two

This is the answer.

#26 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Wolverine and the other two would be a toss up between Iron Man and The Hulk.

#27 Posted by Henny_Say (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey, Wolverine, and Hulk. Marvel really has a main 4 though w/ Iron Man a strong candidate not only as the 4th but just beaten out of the 3rd spot by Hulk.

#28 Edited by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely say that Spider-Man Iron Man, and either Wolverine/Captain America.

Not sure how much they are actually pushing Wolverine outside of the movie he had, and we'll see how the Captain America sequel positions cap outside of the comics.

#29 Posted by Spideysense44 (3020 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by GonzoVG (42 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman, Captain America, & Hulk

#33 Edited by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonzovg: he just isn't the face of marvel. id say spidey, cap., and wolverine.

I never liked him a a character because I don't like the kind of hero that is a jerk. no offense. he is still a funny BA ,but a jerk. sorry

#34 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, Hulk, and Wolverine currently.

Traditionally, its Hulk, Wolverine, and Spidey as the clear leader, but id say Spider-man's stock SHARPLY dropped with Superior Spider-Man.

#35 Posted by Spideysense44 (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcdyno: yes same thing i think i meann...alot of people dont even know the guy...as in ppl who dont read comics..everyone knows spidey wolverine hulk characters like tht are faces of a franchise

#36 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman, Hulk, and Iron Man or Wolverine

#37 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Man and Wolverine are really obvious ones. I'd say...Hulk. he's more well known to non-comic book fans than Capt or Iron Man, although they could also be in the big three

#38 Edited by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

Thor

Cap

#39 Edited by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iconic Marvel Trinity (based on popularity/recognizability/sales/merchandising)

1. Spider-Man
  2. Hulk
  3. Captain America

The Marvel Trinity within the 616 Universe (based on established mythos)

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

The Current Marvel Trinity (based on popularity/sales/merchandising)

1. Spider-Man
  2. Wolverine
  3. Iron Man
#40 Posted by The Stegman (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

This question has been asked a lot and my answer is the same.

Inside the Marvel Universe:

1. Captain America

2. Iron Man

3. Thor

In our universe, based on popularity:

1. Spider-Man

2. Hulk

3. Wolverine

#41 Edited by bmac2089 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

no spider is stupid thor wolverine and captain america

#42 Edited by tupiaz (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iconic Marvel Trinity (based on popularity/recognizability/sales/merchandising)

1. Spider-Man
  2. Hulk
  3. Captain America

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

1. Spider-Man
  2. Wolverine
  3. Iron Man

Agreeing with one and three. However the number two would be a very Avenger focus that would like both the Spider-man and X-Men mythos. Therefore I would say Captain America (being both the face of the Avengers and the old comics before Marvel was Marvel), Spider-Man (has the biggest mythos as a single character) and Wolverine (simply because he is the face of the X-Men plus his mythos also goes in many if not all directions in the Marvel Universe. Also wasn't Thor's Mythos killed along with Donal Blake or at least have lost a whole lot of it.

#43 Posted by Wolverine08 (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Spider-Man
  2. Hulk
  3. Captain America

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

1. Spider-Man
  2. Wolverine
  3. Iron Man

THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

#44 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Spider-Man
  2. Hulk
  3. Captain America

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

1. Spider-Man
  2. Wolverine
  3. Iron Man

The most definitive answer.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip said:

@powerherc said:

1. Spider-Man
  2. Hulk
  3. Captain America

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

1. Spider-Man
  2. Wolverine
  3. Iron Man

The most definitive answer.

Seconded.

#46 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman, iron man, captain america................ Then wolverine

#47 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Spider-Man, Wolverine and then debatable from who you see as the most iconic Avengers film character.

When you think about it, those are the three big multi-film cinema wheelhouses for Marvel:

• the spidey film franchise (obvious poster boy),
  • the x-men franchise (hugh jackman poster boy),
  • and the avengers franchise (probably Iron Man, but wait Cap is kinda the in-continuity poster boy, but wait Hulk is like REALLY popular after the Avengers film, but huh one could make a decent argument for Coulson if only he appeared in the comics more, etc).
#48 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to the movies Wolverine,Iron Man and Captain America.In comics Wolverine,Spiderman and Iron Man

#49 Posted by Riot_Sqrrl (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is Marvel's first flagship character, but his current book is terrible. Spider-Man probably gets more play in pop culture references, but he's dead now, so too bad.
Wolverine is the face of the X-Men, and continues to be crammed down readers' throats in an assload of books each month, with gratuitous guest appearances.
Is there a green Hulk anymore?
Iron Man has ascended from an alcoholic douchebag with a so-so fanbase to snarky hipster superstar. Yuck.
Women are always put on the backburner at Marvel. Black Widow has had her own books, but they always get cancelled; she does better when she's the byline ("Daredevil & the Black Widow," et al). Storm had her 15 min. thanks to the X-Men movies, but now she's just part of the gang again. Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, and She-Hulk...? No. Kitty Pryde is probably the most popular female at Marvel of all time, but even she isn't strong enough to be one of the "faces" of the company.
So, either they have more than three but they are mismanaging all of them, so no one gives a shit, or Wolverine, Iron Man, and the ghost of Spider-Man.

#50 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

Everyone says DC's big three is easy to name, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

What about Marvel? Well spiderman, obviously, but the other two is more difficult. I think its probably Iron Man and Hulk to make up the three, but with so many movie appearances and a decent following, is it perhaps Spiderman, Iron Man and Wolverine?

I am sure some Thor fans will disagree, but I think 3 of those 4 above named characters are currently in the big 3, I just can't decide which ones!

WW isn't even really part of the trinity anymore, no one really pays any attention to her...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.