Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Which titles should I read out of the following?

lickety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I've decided to start reading Marvel NOW in trades, but have set my budget for up to four books.
    However, I've been researching a bit and I have found out that these are the titles that interest me:

Avengers

New Avengers

Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

All-New X-Men

So i have five titles here, but my budget is set for four. Which title should i scratch off?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AwesomePerson

Scratch All New

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lickety: Uncanny X-Men or All-New X-Men

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@lickety: I cannot help with the X-Men titles as I don't really follow that side of the Marvel U. For the Avengers titles, Avengers and New Avengers have both been very good since the beginning of Marvel Now under Hickman's direction. They are linked to each other, so while you can read just one, they work much better in concert. New Avengers has been my favorite of the two. If you start reading those two, you will also want to pick up the Infinity event as it is a main part of the series. Uncanny Avengers was one of my favorite books on the shelf from issues 6 through 22. The first and last arcs were weak and led into Axis which was a poor story.

Some of my favorite Marvel Now stories are Thor: God of Thunder by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic. The God Butcher (Vol 1) and God Bomb (Vol 2) was a fantastic story. Moon Knight Vol 1 by Warren Ellis and Declan Shavley was a great read. Also, Black Widow Vol 1 was a great story by Edmonson and Noto. The same team is still on the book and the second TPB will be released at the beginning of February. Black Widow was my favorite Marvel title of 2014.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Kokemabb200

@lickety: Don't bother with "All-New X-Men"

Personally, i HATED "Uncanny Avengers" but a lot of people really enjoyed it. --In all honesty, I hate Scarlett Witch and Rogue so having both of them together is probably why it didn't sit well with me

I've read all these books despite my dislike for some, they all somewhat intersect, but All-New X-Men is the least necessary.

DEFINITELY keep Avengers and New Avengers. Those two are ridiculously great. And super important for the upcoming Marvel "Super-Summer-Event"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.