Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Which Marvel Lady Should Get Her Own Ongoing?

• 82 results
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By shawn87

Ms Marvel needs a new series with a better writer this time. I still don't understand why Marvel doesn't have an on-going Elektra series. Ms Marvel and Elektra are two of Marvel's most prominent female characters and yet they fail to utilize them.  

Although it probably would never happen, an on-going Echo series would be pretty cool

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By shawn87
    @darkcloakx said:
    they should have a solo series about mystique(raven) i find her quite interesting after watching her in x-men first class. 
    i would def. read a book about !  
    i would def. read a book about !  
    She actually did have an on-going series a few years ago. I want to say around 2004. Brian K. Vaughan was the original series writer for like the first 12 issues. I just actually bought the Mystique Ultimate Collection a few weeks ago which collects the first 12 issues, I just haven't read it yet. The art looked great in it though
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By CATPANEXE
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#54  Edited By xerox_kitty

For me, it's totally obvious... an all-out silly, loud, bombastic, gregarious, fashionable, bouncy, bright, boy-chasing & (more importantly) FUN book that tours around the Marvel U shamelessly featuring...

Boom Boom!!
    Boom Boom!!

But on a more business-minded side of things Ms Marvel & Spider-Woman should totally have their own titles. Instead of ongoings, they should be a string of minis or maxi series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edc72068d57d
    deactivated-5edc72068d57d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I would really love a Storm ongoing.  It's about time she get her own solo ongoing. Also?  A Photon book would be awesome. 

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Ouija

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

regular blink NOT aoa blink
    girlygeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By girlygeekdom

I really want to see a book that Abigail Brand is fronting. She's got great potential for character development.

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#58  Edited By spider-man 2996

Mockingbird, Black Cat, Echo,  Ms.Marvel , Dazzler, Valkyrie
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pacperson
    @X-93 said:
    I think that Domino would make a great character for a movie.  She is lesser known for one.  That might spark interest. Her skills are very military/assassin like and her mutant power is not over the top, out of this world, or hard to wrap your head around. Her personality is very much made for the big screen.  She does not follow orders well when with team mates, she is sarcastic, and though she is brave she can show emotions of fear and anxiety.  Oh, and she would have a hot unzipped leather outfit like Selen in Underworld.  I also have to agree  like Ms. Marvel too.  
    No Caption Provided
    Domino and her sniper
    Domino and her sniper
    I Second this,

I miss Domino....wish she was back on X-force 
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By sora_thekey

I know a lot of people are not fans of Mockingbird but I want to see Jim McCann write an ongoing of Mockingbird leading W.C.A.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62  Edited By avengpymhawk

When she returns, I think that the Wasp should get her series.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @avengpymhawk

totally. I love that idea

I wish Ms. Marvel had an ongoing solo again- a GOOD one though

and now that the 4's kaput, what about a solo for Sue Storm, the invisible woman? She's a mom, a wife to a brilliant but often difficult man, and a grieving sister- and she kicks ass. There's a lot there to write about

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Aqua11500
    Storm 

Goddess of  the Elements !! 

^^
    shes a awesome character. i know she doesn't get the best love here on this site,but she really is an interesting character :) 
    A thief, a Goddess, Princess, Queen, and an X-men..but most importantly a mutant and a very strong woman. 

Africa would be a great place for a solo series. 

i want a Black Cat series,Psylocke and an Elektra series!! 
    ^^^ 
    My other favorite MU girls 

ugh Ms.Marvel has been done to death,and She-Hulk.. obviously they keep flopping. I dont hate them,but i don't really care for them either.They aren't the only women who can carry a solo title
    Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jetshade

1. Ms. Marvel, obviously. She's the original modern feminist heroine and has plenty of depth and plenty of edge (if you don't think so, I'm guessing you haven't read her series or know her history). Her title should never have been canceled in the first place. From what I heard it was still selling better than some titles that weren't canceled. I have no real proof, but my personal theory is that Bendis pushed to have Ms. Marvel's series canceled because of his desire to make Spider-Woman into Marvel's most prominent heroine. $@&% Bendis. 

Others worthy of consideration are... 

Storm: I'm putting her here because she's arguably the most popular female character on the most popular superhero team ever. Seems to have a big fan following, at least here on CV. But I've always felt there is an impersonal quality to her that wouldn't translate well to a solo title. Too aloof, not enough of a sense of humor. She needs the interaction of a team around her to bring out her more human qualities. 

Emma Frost: I'll probably get a lot of flack for this since a lot of people seem to hate her, but personally I think she's a fascinating, complex, unpredictable anti-hero type character who is walking on the edge of being a hero. I don't think there's ever a dull moment with Emma.  

Black Widow: I tend to find the Widow too cold and aloof, but I guess she's intelligent and complex enough to possibly carry her own series. Would really depend on the writer. 

Black Cat: A fun character with a sense of humor. Has also been a villain before so has an edge. Her 'bad luck' power could lend itself to a lot of interesting story situations. Might need more depth to really carry a series.  

Firestar: Might sound like a stretch, but I think a teenage Marvel superheroine with her own series, dealing with all of the problems teenage girls deal with, could really be a great read if done right. (Just a side question: IS Firestar still a teenager?) I guess there are other teen heroines that could qualify here but Firestar would be my choice. She seems the most human. She's also been sort of solo before. 

And... that's about it. I've deliberately left out some prominent names like Spider-Woman (Bendis' infatuation with her turns me off), Elektra (talk about cold, never could warm up to her), and She-Hulk (fun, but breaking the fourth wall only goes so far).  

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By labarith
    @Babs said:
    No Caption Provided

There's no question that Marvel's women have made some serious impact on the Marvel Universe as a whole. They've contributed to countless cross overs and story arcs, but they they are still rarely portrayed as leaders in their own right. I often feel like there are so many that could be more than just "supporting cast characters." Take for example Ms. Marvel, who's series managed to last up to issue 50 before being canceled. Ms. Marvel has gone from the star of her own series to a background character in some of the Avengers books. Is that a way to treat one of Marvel's most powerful superheroines? And as far as I know, Marvel has a lot of women superheroes to choose from, so why aren't these ladies headlining more books?

Which one would you like to see get her own ongoing series?

Also, what do you think it would take for a Marvel book headlined by one of their female characters to succeed?

Long story short:  Ms. Marvel needs some bad ass villains.  And some name recognition... the latter of which will come from the new season of Avengers. 

The former?  Well, that takes some creativity.  Ms. Marvel is, in some respects, a female version of Captain Marvel (I know, far too simple), but she should capitalize on this with her own rogue's gallery of space-villainy, coupled with some reoccuring, not unspiderman-like, villains. 

Although first and foremost, she needs to have some nice, clean stories.  Read all of Ms. Marvel's book, and all I can remember was that she didn't like Mystique and her arch enemy was Moonstone.  And while Moonstone may be a pretty cool nemesis, she's hardly available what with her being Thunderbolted up regularly. 

Heck - they could even push her X-men interactions more - she stayed with them for a time, and is not friends with Rogue.  Kinda. 

End of the day, she needs less of being the slutty wingman/woman to Bendis's Spiderwoman - and, MAYBE, more interested in Spiderman.  At the  very least, she shouldn't be wonder-womaning it up with some random suit.  She's not Superman, and she damned well doesn't need a Lois.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By TDK_1997

Ms. Marvel,Black Widow or Spider-Woman

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By OldManDuncan
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By The Mast

The fact that X-Men get nineteen titles when one would do is a disgrace.

I say this because Ms. Marvel, Elektra, Black Widow and others don't have their own series'. I don't know how the sales were, but they must not have been good. Maybe that's why.

-The Mast

Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Varient

She did a great showing in NextWave,.. and is one of the single most powerful Marvel female right now,... 
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Wise Son
    She-Hulk  
    Blink  
    Squirrel Girl  
    Persuasion
    DR_JAM_ONIT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DR_JAM_ONIT2

well i believe that although Babs isn't a marvel woman, she is a marvel of a woman and should have her own character, and have taken it upon myself to do a preliminary design for her. Petition to add Babs to comics!

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Aqua11500
    ^^^^^^^^^ 
    Creepy...
    Fnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Fnz

Mystique 
    Domino
    Blink
    Pixie (but something extremely different from that weird mini-serie)

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By fps_dean

Well Ms. Marvel should definitely have her own solo series.  I love the evolution of the character and would definitely add it to my pull list.  There's many good female characters in the Marvel universe, but Ms. Marvel seems to be one who I see as a solo character (unless she goes back to the mighty avengers, which is the team she belongs on IMO).

Also, Spider-Woman.  I picked up the last series on ebay cheaply, wasn't expecting much out of it, and despite the gripes I did have with it, it was one of the best series I had read in a long time. I hope they do resurrect  SW

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By fps_dean
    @Gambit1024

How about adding Rogue to that team as well?

And while we're at it, they can add Moonstone and Mystique too.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By No_Name_

@DR_JAM_ONIT2: Hey you made me look cool! I didn't think that was possible! xD

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By gravitypress

Photon

SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79  Edited By SuperCoonce

great blog sara!

helblzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By helblzer
    No Caption Provided
    Sif, Shield maiden of Asgard
    SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By SuperCoonce

hey babs -- you should now have a proper title, etc in your notification pm. send me a note if that is NOT the case.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By moviegeek17

black widow and even though she has her own series i will say it now please don't cancel x-23's book marvel!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.