Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Which Marvel "Architect" is you least and most favorite?

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7
    No Caption Provided

I think it's clear that the Marvel "architects" are not very popular with certain groups of people, and it seems with every passing day that they get less love. So, I decided to make this thread to read others' opinions on them , Tell me your least and most favorite "architect".

My least favorite has to be Fraction right now. I know he has fans, but I'm not a big fan of his writing. I'm a fan of X-Men and Thor comics and I find his runs bad. I can't even bother to read his Thor run. I recently borrowed the Iron-Man omnibus of the first 18 issues of his run from my library and I only read the first 6 issues. It was just boring to me. I read the 1st issue of the Defenders and the problems I have with him and there also.

My most favorite right now has to be Hickman simply because of his FF run and Manhattan Projects.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Loki9876

I like Fraction his invincible Iron man is very good and I like his thor ru too (you might not agree).

Brubaker is also very good with Captain America and Hickman is also good (I really read much of him but I liked S.H.I.E.L.D. architects of forever.)

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

I'll read anything Brubaker, love Hickman's F4/FF stuff too. My least favourite is Fraction, just couldn't get into his Iron Man or Defenders, that's not too say it was bad though.

Queue idiots jumping on the lets hate Bendis bandwagon.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

remender & brubaker. they're the best marvel has. maybe fraction once in a while.

PS kill bendis and ill be your manservant for a year.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Remi

Haven't read anything from Bendis or Fraction so they're out.

Brubaker's mediocre. Everything that I read from him has been meh.

Currently reading The Nightly News by Hickman and I want to read more from him.

Aaron wins because Scalped is one the best books currently coming, too bad it's being slept on...and The Other Side is epic as well. Need to read his marvel work too because I've heard great things about his Wolverine and PunisherMAX.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I enjoy Fraction, but he can certainly be all over the place. I dig his Invincible Iron Man and Defenders, but his Uncanny X-Men ranged from awesome to not awesome. Fear Itself wasn't the best either, but I have hopes for his Hawkeye solo.

Aaron's Wolverine solo and Wolverine and the X-Men are good, but Schism was grating. I've heard great things about Scalped.

Overall, Brubaker is my favorite. His Captain America and Winter Soldier are great, and he was also good on Daredevil and Uncanny X-Men.

I haven't really read much of Hickman, mostly because I'm not an FF fan, so I don't really have much of an opinion on his work.

My least favorite is Bendis. He has proven his effectiveness as a solo hero writer with Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man, but his decade on the Avengers has been mostly lackluster. I'm really hoping he doesn't ruin Uncanny X-Men for me after Gillen has been doing such an awesome job.

@Loki9876 said:

I like Fraction his invincible Iron man is very good and I like his thor ru too (you might not agree).

Brubaker is also very good with Captain America and Hickman is also good (I really read much of him but I liked S.H.I.E.L.D. architects of forever.)

I get why people might like Fraction, but he's definitely not for me. As for Brubaker, I've been thinking about reading some of his stuff. I might borrow a trade of two of his Cap run from the library.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By foolkiller1

Putting the entire mainstream marvel continuity in the hands of five writers is the stupidest thing marvel could do.

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By jinxuandi

Brubaker's my favorite. I haven't read anything of his I didn't like and I hope he can stay on Cap indefinitely.

Haven't read anything by Hickman so I can't judge.

I know a lot of people hate Bendis but I really enjoyed the most recent volume of Moon Knight. I've never read anything else by him though.

I have grown to hate Fraction's Defenders, but I haven't read his Iron Man or Thor so I'm still withholding judgment on him as a writer.

Least favorite is probably Aaron. Incredible Hulk is really not a good book right now, which is a shame given how popular he is due to the Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best - Hickman

Worst - Aaron

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Least Favorite - Bendis/Fraction

Most Favorite - Brubaker/Hickman

Augment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Augment

Most favorite would most likely be Brubaker. His work on Captain America and the Winter Soldier is phenomenal.

Least favorite... probably Bendis. I would say Fraction, but I LOVED his Iron Man. I just, I wish I could read the Avengers books, but Bendis tends to write like a kid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.