Which Marvel "Architect" is you least and most favorite?

#1 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's clear that the Marvel "architects" are not very popular with certain groups of people, and it seems with every passing day that they get less love. So, I decided to make this thread to read others' opinions on them , Tell me your least and most favorite "architect".

My least favorite has to be Fraction right now. I know he has fans, but I'm not a big fan of his writing. I'm a fan of X-Men and Thor comics and I find his runs bad. I can't even bother to read his Thor run. I recently borrowed the Iron-Man omnibus of the first 18 issues of his run from my library and I only read the first 6 issues. It was just boring to me. I read the 1st issue of the Defenders and the problems I have with him and there also.

My most favorite right now has to be Hickman simply because of his FF run and Manhattan Projects.

#2 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Fraction his invincible Iron man is very good and I like his thor ru too (you might not agree).

Brubaker is also very good with Captain America and Hickman is also good (I really read much of him but I liked S.H.I.E.L.D. architects of forever.)

#3 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read anything Brubaker, love Hickman's F4/FF stuff too. My least favourite is Fraction, just couldn't get into his Iron Man or Defenders, that's not too say it was bad though.

Queue idiots jumping on the lets hate Bendis bandwagon.

#4 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

remender & brubaker. they're the best marvel has. maybe fraction once in a while.

PS kill bendis and ill be your manservant for a year.

#5 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read anything from Bendis or Fraction so they're out.

Brubaker's mediocre. Everything that I read from him has been meh.

Currently reading The Nightly News by Hickman and I want to read more from him.

Aaron wins because Scalped is one the best books currently coming, too bad it's being slept on...and The Other Side is epic as well. Need to read his marvel work too because I've heard great things about his Wolverine and PunisherMAX.

#6 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I enjoy Fraction, but he can certainly be all over the place. I dig his Invincible Iron Man and Defenders, but his Uncanny X-Men ranged from awesome to not awesome. Fear Itself wasn't the best either, but I have hopes for his Hawkeye solo.

Aaron's Wolverine solo and Wolverine and the X-Men are good, but Schism was grating. I've heard great things about Scalped.

Overall, Brubaker is my favorite. His Captain America and Winter Soldier are great, and he was also good on Daredevil and Uncanny X-Men.

I haven't really read much of Hickman, mostly because I'm not an FF fan, so I don't really have much of an opinion on his work.

My least favorite is Bendis. He has proven his effectiveness as a solo hero writer with Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man, but his decade on the Avengers has been mostly lackluster. I'm really hoping he doesn't ruin Uncanny X-Men for me after Gillen has been doing such an awesome job.

@Loki9876 said:

I like Fraction his invincible Iron man is very good and I like his thor ru too (you might not agree).

Brubaker is also very good with Captain America and Hickman is also good (I really read much of him but I liked S.H.I.E.L.D. architects of forever.)

I get why people might like Fraction, but he's definitely not for me. As for Brubaker, I've been thinking about reading some of his stuff. I might borrow a trade of two of his Cap run from the library.

#7 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Putting the entire mainstream marvel continuity in the hands of five writers is the stupidest thing marvel could do.

#8 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker's my favorite. I haven't read anything of his I didn't like and I hope he can stay on Cap indefinitely.

Haven't read anything by Hickman so I can't judge.

I know a lot of people hate Bendis but I really enjoyed the most recent volume of Moon Knight. I've never read anything else by him though.

I have grown to hate Fraction's Defenders, but I haven't read his Iron Man or Thor so I'm still withholding judgment on him as a writer.

Least favorite is probably Aaron. Incredible Hulk is really not a good book right now, which is a shame given how popular he is due to the Avengers.

#9 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Best - Hickman

Worst - Aaron

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

Least Favorite - Bendis/Fraction

Most Favorite - Brubaker/Hickman

#11 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Most favorite would most likely be Brubaker. His work on Captain America and the Winter Soldier is phenomenal.

Least favorite... probably Bendis. I would say Fraction, but I LOVED his Iron Man. I just, I wish I could read the Avengers books, but Bendis tends to write like a kid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.