Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Which Hero has the most interesting origin & background?

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'll have to with Black Widow. And maybe Captain America as well. But most of all, Black Widow. One thing that bothered me about the Marvel movies, preferably the Avengers one, is how they ignored to explain anything about Black Widow. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought she was no more than a hot chick with a gun lol. They failed to explain SO much. They did a good job for explaining the origins of Cap though and his WW2 roots.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of Marvel's accounts on Black Widow's origins have contradicted themselves. Long story short, we know that Ivan Petrovitch raised Black Widow. But then in Wolverine Origins #9, I distinctively remember how it tells a different story of her being raised by her father Taras Romanov

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think a lot of the appeal about Black Widow's back story comes from what we don't know. There is a lot of crazy stuff Cold War era Russia could have put her up to, just look at the real life KGB. What goes unsaid is what I find the most interesting.

In fact, that goes double for Winter Soldier. Not only do we not know most of the thing Bucky did in between his times on ice but he doesn't even remember himself. Mystery helps to ass a lot of mystique to a character

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.