Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Which Character Do You Prefer: Deadpool or Punisher

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

My personal choice is Punisher because he is more constructive and honorable. 

Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kynikos

Man, this is not a choice since it appeals to personal taste. You like the Punisher for that, I like Deadpool because while the laughs he creates are funny, they are a mental barrier to hide a truly shattered individual. The guy hears voices for chrissakes, he was tortured in ways that the word pain cannot describe, he is actually cursed with life. I find a flawed action hero in Deadpool, and that's why I like him .

Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Darkstar

Punisher

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula

Deadpool

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kastiel

Deadpool. No need to be serious all the time.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By The_Martian

Punisher

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

Both

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By hdorman1

deadpool 
    he is effective and his banter is excellent 

Avatar image for wolverine_chick13
    Wolverine_chick13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine_chick13

Deadpool

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kynikos: good point on how deadpool is, in a way, cursed. 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By EdwardWindsor

deadpool for me , punisher is cool but i love deadpool especially the older stuff

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Caligula
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " My personal choice is Punisher because he is more constructive and honorable.  "
    you call cutting a woman's, arms and legs off honorable? and how is what he does Constructive, he is no better than the people he kills.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Punisher is a serial killer, point and simple.

That said I find Punisher more interesting as a character then Deadpool.

SandwichTank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SandwichTank

deadpool. he breaks the fourth wall and is an overall cooler looking character. also i bet deadpool could murder the punisher in a fight

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Caligula said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " My personal choice is Punisher because he is more constructive and honorable.  "
    you call cutting a woman's, arms and legs off honorable? and how is what he does Constructive, he is no better than the people he kills. "
    i disagree.  he is destroying gangs and adheres to a strict code of honor--and he does spare lives, like Rhino and Stilt-Man's.
    and Deadpool is worse.  i mean he is a hired assasin--practically a villain.  what exactly is his code of honor or mission--oh right, to get rich.  i mean i love wade and all, but punisher is obviously the better person.  @Crom-Cruach said:
    " Punisher is a serial killer, point and simple.  That said I find Punisher more interesting as a character then Deadpool. "
    i would not dispute the fact that he is a serial killer.  however he isnt the stereotypical one--his purpose it to scare people from crime and keep the streets safer, not to cause anarchy or just enjoy the blood.  @SandwichTank said:
    " deadpool. he breaks the fourth wall and is an overall cooler looking character. also i bet deadpool could murder the punisher in a fight "
    they fought several times in Deadpool: Suicide Kings.  Punisher won once with a little help from Henry, won once when he shot Deadpool's head in half from far away with a sniper (though Deadpool had just been webbed up by Spiderman), and won once in a fair fight (seconds after having Deadpool's limbs all cut off he having a weapon to Deadpool's head he was attacked by Daredevil).  So Id say that in fact Punisher is the superior warrior in battle (due to his training and gadgets).  

No Caption Provided
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Caligula
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: never said Deadpool was a nice guy, and yes he is a worse person than Punisher. But Punisher is not honorable, nor heroic, he is a sick and twisted serial killer psycho just like deadpool, neither are heros.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By doordoor123

Deadpool could be written brilliantly but it hasnt been as of late, so his character has been stinking. So i pick Punisher, but if a good writer ever makes Deadpool cool again, i pick Deadpool.

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Caligula said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: never said Deadpool was a nice guy, and yes he is a worse person than Punisher. But Punisher is not honorable, nor heroic, he is a sick and twisted serial killer psycho just like deadpool, neither are heros. "
    id say that deadpool is sort-of a hero, and punisher is most definately.  yes, he is violent, but thats war.  and he is doing everything he can to stop gang and mafia activity.  and punisher has a strict code of honor, and would never knowingly harm an innocent.    
    TheRedHelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheRedHelm
    @Caligula:
    Obviously you know nothing of Frank. 

Frank kills not for himself but for others. He's a man devoted to the eradication of the thing that leeches society. Now you tell me, what is more honerable? 

Killing for the safety of others? 

Or killing whoever as long as you get rich? 

And plus, Frank doesn't do it for pay, for his enjoyment, for anything. Frank does it because no one else would.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By sexy_merc

Old school Deadpool for the win.

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CrimsonComedian

I don't know about the Punisher really. All I know is Megadeth done a song about him and a few other things. But if what ya'll are sayin' is true (about cutting people up and stuff) -- then he's no better than Deadpool. Deadpool just kills and leaves. Leaving the people to die with dignity instead of chopping their limbs off, exposed to those who find it.

TheRedHelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheRedHelm
    @CrimsonComedian:

Honestly, Frank sees it as an eye for an eye. Most killers kill people like that.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheRedHelm said:
    " @Caligula: Obviously you know nothing of Frank.  Frank kills not for himself but for others. He's a man devoted to the eradication of the thing that leeches society. Now you tell me, what is more honerable?  Killing for the safety of others?  Or killing whoever as long as you get rich?  And plus, Frank doesn't do it for pay, for his enjoyment, for anything. Frank does it because no one else would. "
    great explanation.  @CrimsonComedian said:
    " I don't know about the Punisher really. All I know is Megadeth done a song about him and a few other things. But if what ya'll are sayin' is true (about cutting people up and stuff) -- then he's no better than Deadpool. Deadpool just kills and leaves. Leaving the people to die with dignity instead of chopping their limbs off, exposed to those who find it. "
    first off, deadpool has been known to be just as violent (he one kicked a skrull until it died even though he could have just used a gun).  and punisher is better because he is doing it for good not for money. 
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By HellionVulcan

I like both but in different ways but choosing one over the other can't happen .

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CrimsonComedian
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: That's a Skrull. They're not exactly classed as human beings. I know Deadpool as much as the next guy, hell, even more... Deadpool's better in the sense that he's trying to make a livin' from it. He has a reason to it. Punisher just seems to do it for funsies. He can stop at anytime.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CrimsonComedian said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: That's a Skrull. They're not exactly classed as human beings. I know Deadpool as much as the next guy, hell, even more... Deadpool's better in the sense that he's trying to make a livin' from it. He has a reason to it. Punisher just seems to do it for funsies. He can stop at anytime. "
    a skrull isnt technically a human being, but they have emotions just as much as we do.  i mean, look at that skrull in the Runaways, or She-Hulk's friend Jazinda. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.