Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What would be your reaction if Marvel Rebooted?

• 58 results
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

wait...i see a lot of people saying they like the idea here...so if Marvel does it, it's ok, but Dc doing it isnt?? why?? is it because Dc has done it so many times before?? 

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By labarith

It's not a good idea. 

And those that think it is are DC fans who like DC rebooting the U. 

Finally how would rebooting the Marvel Universe be any different from doing a new new Ultimate new universe?  The answer: It's not. 

DC's reboots have, paradoxically, managed to pretend that some of the past happened, but some hasn't - and have generally gotten away with not telling you which is which.  Not cool.

White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By White Assassin

i would be extremely disappointed and lose interest in comic books if marvel also chose to reboot

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

YAYYYYYYY lol

Shrekpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shrekpop

Would love it

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @Manchine said:
    Personally I would be all for it?  Even if they had a secret wars 4 and beyonder wiped the universe back to Secret Wars 1.
    I would say 'Hmm I don't know' but when you mentioned The Beyonder and Secret Wars 4, so long as Fraction, Bendis or anyone else like that stays away from the SW and Beyonder reboot I'm in :)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

No thanks.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By labarith

10 to 1 the people who say "I love it" are DC fans who are trying to get a reaction out of Marvel fans. 

Your own franchises get rebooted enough for the 2 companies put together. 

And yes, Bruce's parents were shot outside of the showing of Pokemon:  The First Movie. 

Fortunately, in this continuity, he's the b@stard son of Superman and his mother, so he's even cooler this time around.  And Catwoman's a man, baby!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.