Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What will ACTUALLY happen to the Fantastic Four???

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Okay, we all know that Marvel are cancelling FF, so what happens to the team then...

Are they going to disband or die???

Are they just going to be Avengers???

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By magnetic_eye

Probably disband for a while, but they'll be back bigger and better than ever.

Not sure about them as Avengers. It seems these days any super hero can be in any team. I would love to see more self-contained team books.

Hopefully Fox Abattoirs will bomb with their "Chronicle 2" alternate reimagining of the FF and James Robinson can resume writing duties on The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way to tell at this point.

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well depends on what James Robinson has planned for them. If they don't disband after the end of this series and get back together, then they will most likely still be around making appearances either in event books or other series. Either that or Marvel will put them on the shelf for a while.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should add she hulk, spiderman and ant man and call them selves the fantastic avengers and add some obscure character to their team

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

they should add she hulk, spiderman and ant man and call them selves the fantastic avengers and add some obscure character to their team

No. Just No. The Fantastic Four are not a subdivision of the Avengers and should never be, that would be worse than their book being temporarily cancelled.

They should be split up into different team books. Sue and the kids with the X-Men, Ben with the Avengers, Reed with the Thunderbolts and Johnny appearing in different temporary team-ups (Spider-man and Squirrel Girl sometimes)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@crimz said:

@gamiz7 said:

No. Just No. The Fantastic Four are not a subdivision of the Avengers and should never be, that would be worse than their book being temporarily cancelled.

They should be split up into different team books. Sue and the kids with the X-Men, Ben with the Avengers, Reed with the Thunderbolts and Johnny appearing in different temporary team-ups (Spider-man and Squirrel Girl sometimes)

I think he was being sarcastic as that's what they did with the X-Men and Uncanny Avengers.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should retconned them from existance.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should retconned them from existance.

Why? Half of the Marvel Universe wouldn't exist if it wasn't for their interactions or them being the catalyst for events to happen.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz: Why would Reed be in the thunderbolts????

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I think they're just disbanding, though I wouldn't be surprised if they killed one of them off. Probably Reed Richards.

The rumour was that they'd not have their own comic, but still show up in other comics from time to time. I'd be happy if The Thing got back on an Avengers team. :)

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crimz

@awesomeperson: Because they need a smart guy on the team, and he hasn't really interacted with the members. I thought it would be interesting to see him interact with these morally grey characters, take him outside of his comfort zone.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By magnetic_eye

How about for the interim releasing 4 individual self-contained solo books?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest I'm more concerned about their supporting cast.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: So Sue, Johnny, Ben and Reed get solo books...

What whould you make Reed and Sue's about...

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz: The thunderbolts are a group of criminals who are trying to play hero, I think...

Avatar image for xtremewolverine
    XtremeWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By XtremeWolverine

I wouldn't be surprised if they all join the Avengers during/after that whole Secret Wars event because the Illuminati/Avengers will need all the bodies they can throw at it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The book will probably end with Reed on the run and Susan joining The Avengers, or around that time frame. Hopefully we'll see Thing and Human Torch on premiere teams since Susan and Reed are already going to be heavily featured.

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Incredible_J

I would like to see a reboot of the Future Foundation with the original team

No Caption Provided

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: So Sue, Johnny, Ben and Reed get solo books...

What whould you make Reed and Sue's about...

Based on the 4 individual titles being temporary, perhaps (12-24 issues only) until the original Fantastic Four title resumes.

Just a few ideas that obviously need a lot of fleshing out, plus working out super villain motivations

REED

• Research and development scientist for hire

• Motivational guest speaker circuit – across USA and abroad

• A dark secret reveal and super villains manipulation of Reed

• On a path to redemption and marriage reconciliation through identity crisis

• Possible end of story-arc crossover into Sue’s book

SUE

• Working part-time as a consultant for a geological resource company - across USA and abroad

• Also works part-time as an interior decorator when back in Manhattan

• Encounter with the Mole Man who delivers an ominous warning about Reed

• On a path to marriage reconciliation

• Possible end of story-arc crossover into Reed’s book

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: If Reed and Sue's books are about marriage reconciliation, then wouldn't it make sense for them to have one book together...

If Sue and Reed go abroad then who looks after the Future Foundation kids???

To be honest, the only books they could do:

Sue: Her book can be about her joining Shield and the kids can go to Wolverine's school or something...

Reed: The only idea that would make sense for him, if he went on time travelling adventures with his dad, but Kid Cyclops has that idea and book...

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they might be with Avengers...I mean...they always were. How sad this is happening. I always like the FF.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By magnetic_eye

@awesomeperson said:

@magnetic_eye: If Reed and Sue's books are about marriage reconciliation, then wouldn't it make sense for them to have one book together...

If Sue and Reed go abroad then who looks after the Future Foundation kids???

To be honest, the only books they could do:

Sue: Her book can be about her joining Shield and the kids can go to Wolverine's school or something...

Reed: The only idea that would make sense for him, if he went on time travelling adventures with his dad, but Kid Cyclops has that idea and book...

I'm only thinking about a short term temporary story-arc until the Fantastic Four resume their duties as a team, so I like your idea of the kids going to Wolverine's school.

Wasn't all that keen on the Future Foundation series. I stopped buying after 12 issues, and Sue and Reed would only be abroad for a short time, not necessarily simultaneously and not for the entirety of the story-arc.

Sue joining Shield? Yeah maybe. Love the show.

I think (time travel) has for too long been an over used and cliche plot device. I'm fatigued even thinking about it. How about some genuine thought provoking sci-fi adventures without time travel.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: Time Travel may be cliche but it doesn't stop writers from using it...

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fantastic Four will be replaced by

• The Incredibles

Or

• The Big Hero 6
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm crossing my fingers for four solo books but I will settle for just an Invisible Woman solo book. Thing could join up with the Mighty Avengers because that team is pretty much the old New Avengers team, and Johnny could just become a supporting character in Spider-Man. Reed might sadly end up in Jail or dead. :(

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I like how Marvel tried denying the rumors about FF being cancelled all those months back, now here we are. I'm sure the characters will show up in other books until someone comes along with the next big FF story and relaunches the title. I hope that's what happens anyway.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot, higher price, less quality...

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Fantastic Four are my favorite team and I would prefer Reed and Sue go with the Future Foundation while Ben and Johnny work with the Avengers. I don't think Reed and Sue will be welcome around the Avengers after what we have seen in the Time Runs Out story line. I'm just glad that they showed Reed and Sue sticking together in the last issue of Avengers.

I'd be OK with them not being featured in a book for a little while until they get things settled down in the Marvel U and can bring them back with the respect they have earned over the past 53 years.

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll probably become Avengers. Sadly they might have to change their uniform/costume.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Would love for her to get her own book. As well as Ben.

@tweetie: I pray to God they do not get absorbed into the Avengers. I would probably quit Marvel if that happened.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By magnetic_eye

@crimz said:

@tweetie: I pray to God they do not get absorbed into the Avengers. I would probably quit Marvel if that happened.

Yeah, I would hate for that to happen too. What is it with Marvel that they can't produce self-contained team books without everybody eventually becoming an Avenger? There seems to hardly be any genuine individuality between titles. With the saturation of crossovers and events, it's all just a mishmash of super heroes on a blurred canvas.

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz said:

Yeah, I would hate for that to happen too. What is it with Marvel that they can't produce self-contained books without everybody eventually becoming an Avenger? There seems to hardly be any genuine individuality between titles. With the saturation of crossovers and events, it's all just a mishmash of super heroes on a blurred canvas.

I agree. The reason I say they might is because we already saw Invisible Woman with the Avengers in Axis event. I really don't know where Marvel is taking them or what is their plan. Clearly the cancellation is coming. And truly Marvel is making a huge mistake. I'm with you guys.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@magnetic_eye said:

@crimz said:

Yeah, I would hate for that to happen too. What is it with Marvel that they can't produce self-contained books without everybody eventually becoming an Avenger? There seems to hardly be any genuine individuality between titles. With the saturation of crossovers and events, it's all just a mishmash of super heroes on a blurred canvas.

Um... No, not really at all lol. Solo books are all pretty independent. Just because a character is part of the avengers it doesn't take away from the solo book. Black Widow, Winter Solider, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Storm, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Loki, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Starl Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Nova, Thor, Loki, etc. Pretty much all the solo titles coming out of marvel right now are really self contained and what happens in them bleeds into the team books they are in, not the other way around. Crossovers have had an increasingly minimal effect on solo titles in the past few years. It usually either nothing or a stand alone tie in and that's it.

All of the solo books at marvel are also really really different and saying there aren't any genuine individuality between them has to be a statement coming from someone who doesn't read most of them. Most of the solo books coming out right now are hardly even considered super hero books.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz said:

The priority for them have solo books of their own for me is this.

Invisible Woman>Human Torch>Mr. Fantastic>Thing.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By magnetic_eye

@teerack said:

@magnetic_eye said:

@crimz said:

Um... No, not really at all lol. Solo books are all pretty independent. Just because a character is part of the avengers it doesn't take away from the solo book. Black Widow, Winter Solider, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Storm, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Loki, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Starl Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Nova, Thor, Loki, etc. Pretty much all the solo titles coming out of marvel right now are really self contained and what happens in them bleeds into the team books they are in, not the other way around. Crossovers have had an increasingly minimal effect on solo titles in the past few years. It usually either nothing or a stand alone tie in and that's it.

All of the solo books at marvel are also really really different and saying there aren't any genuine individuality between them has to be a statement coming from someone who doesn't read most of them. Most of the solo books coming out right now are hardly even considered super hero books.

You're right, I'm not reading most of them, only a handful of titles these days like Captain America, Hawkeye, Daredevil and Thor along with team books Avengers and Fantastic Four. I have over the last few years, dropped several Marvel titles from my pull list. I guess what I should've said is, that I would like to see a greater degree of separation between 4 solo Fantastic Four books, if Marvel decide to go that route.

My point about self-contained books was not necessarily aimed at solo books either but rather at the abundance of franchise titles. I suppose I'm using the wrong term in referencing a preference for core foundation team books like The Avengers, Fantastic Four or X-Men.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they'll change their mind on cancelling the FF. This can guide them into limbo. Marvel is making a serious mistake in cancelling the book.

Draksis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea. Wondering if you could tell me. This is sad for me since they were around for more then 50 years. Shame :(

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they give at least two of them a mini or solo while the FF are seperated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.