Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What to read after Dark Avengers?

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've just bought Vol 1 - 3 of Dark Avengers and was wondering after reading these what should I be going to next?

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@mrdiablojoblo:

I think a lot of it depends on what you want. I personally recommend The most recent runs on Captain Marvel Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, And New Warriors.

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I mean is their any comics with this cast or is this it?

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've just bought Vol 1 - 3 of Dark Avengers and was wondering after reading these what should I be going to next?

If u lyk dark very thought inducing morally complex stories....get d current NEW AVENGERS by Hickman.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdiablojoblo: With the same cast and from the same era, you can read Dark X-Men and the event Siege. It ends from that point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Thunderbolts. Not the new run with Punisher and Elektra and Deadpool and such, but the older runs. It has a similar feel to it, was for a time led by Norman Osborn and has almost always contained Moonstone.

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Thunderbolts. Not the new run with Punisher and Elektra and Deadpool and such, but the older runs. It has a similar feel to it, was for a time led by Norman Osborn and has almost always contained Moonstone.

Which volume graphics novel should I be looking for? I checked online I don't know where to start off lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdiablojoblo: I'm not entirely sure about volumes. The best place to start is at the very beginning, but if you're not into older comics I'd suggest starting off with the Civil War era team (I'm looking up the specifics on what issue to start as I type this), or if you want really recent and don't mind not knowing very much about the characters I'd suggest the post-Siege run, which is issues 100-174, if memory serves.

There are multiple ways to check what Thunderbolts team a volume in question features. One way is checking the characters that appear in the book, but that's time consuming. One could also go by the art styles, but that requires being familiar with what art style is attributable to what period in comics history, and that can take time to acquire. The method I'd suggest is checking if the volume in question mentions the issues collected and, more importantly, the years said issues were published.

That being said, if you're getting your comics from a specialty store try asking the staff. They'll probably know.

SoundnFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warren Ellis run of Thunderbolts is what Squares is talking about. Caged Angels was a very good storyline.
    Best way to see more of them? Currently most of the Dark Avengers team from Bendis' run (the one I assume you mean) are:
    -Osborn (Superiour Spider-Man, Osborn mini-series, a brief appearance in Bendis' run of Avengers and New Avengers Heroic Age volumes 3, the ones between Fear Itself and AvX)
    -Moon Stone (keep readin Thunderbolts and the other Dark Avengers series for continuing adventures)
    -Sentry (horseman of Apocalypse in Uncanny Avengers, I assume volume 2 onwards)
    -Daken (had a series called Dark Wolverine, some battles with his father in his series, and now a Horseman in Uncanny Avengers)
    -Bullseye (the mini-series Shadowland, featuring Daredevil. Pretty much dies immediately)
    -Ares (a brief appearance in Hickman's Secret Warriors, but read it anyways, all of it, or go back and read his mini or the Mighty Avengers)
    -Venom (Scorpion got separated and the symbiote went on to bond to Flash Thompson. The series is very good and drawn by a guy from my hometown on occasion, so by all means check it out!)
    -Noh-Varr (joined the Avengers, then went on to the Young Avengers)

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soundnfury:

Thats so great of you for that dude, thats exactly what I wanted to see. I was looking at this at the comic shop but you didn't answer fast enough lol. Today I bought Spiderman 2099 1-2, Magneto 2345 (They didn't have the 1st so I might order it online or call other shops tomorrow). And what caught my eye while just browsing throught the marvel section was Superior Carnage, I already have the one where Carnage takes over the town. So I'm pretty happy with what I've bought, I'm going to start building my collection again since I still haven't gotten all the issues for the following: Uncanny X-Men, X-men, All New X-Men, Superior Spiderman.

I'm so loving this website its soo insightful! Its brought me to actually read up on heroes/villains just so I know what to get next from the shop/online.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soundnfury: Ah, yes, thank you. I keep forgetting Warren Ellis wrote Thunderbolts.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I miss Moonstone... She needs to get back in the new series!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.