Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What is the blue creature in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It looks like a Kree or an Atlantean. It could be Kree as Guardians of the Galaxy is coming up. Korath the Pursuer and Ronan the Accuser have already been confirmed. However, in Iron Man 2 in the background, Atlantis was clearly shown on the map. Maybe Marvel got Namor's rights back... The white markings remind me of Atlanteans...

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first guess w/o reading anything or seeing the show was Kree.

Phalcon05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Kree after last nights episode based on the conversation between sif and coulson. Seemed she emphasized Kree when listing the names of blue alien species

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phalcon05: I must watch it now! Enchantress' sister is getting a big push I see. She's in Loki:Agent of Asgard right now.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

Dare I say it?.. marvel... Oh I said it.... Oh what the heck, could he be Captain Mar-Vell? ;)

Edit: on a more serious note, could Victoria Hand have been a hint at a secret invasion storyline? Also was there Skrull writing in one episode? Ill google it

Edit 2 possible spoiler/Easter egg: http://www.theouthousers.com/~theouth/~theouth/~theouth/index.php/features/124500-s-h-i-e-l-d-dossiers-s01e04-eye-spy.html

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@hillbillymorangie: I haven't been watching the series, but a blue person does make me think of Kree, and considering Marvel are willing to change the skin colours of certain Kree, like Korath not being blue or pink, it seems possible that they would make Mar-Vell blue.

Presumably this would mean other changes from the source material, as it would be more difficult for a blue Kree to infiltrate Earth in the disguise of a human, potentially also altering Carol Danvers story too.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: I thought Skrulls were in legal limbo due to Fox having F4. I thought that was one of the main reasons, they went for Chitauri over them.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Carol got a new origin story today which I loved, have you read #1 yet? If not then I really should have put spoilers :/ though its very minor nearly non-spoiler...

Anyway he could shape shift or use some kind of technology to disguise himself.

Also do you remember the thread where we discussed a Carol film and I posted an article about the Skrull? So I can point MaccyD at it.

Anyway I case you can't, @MaccyD Marvel ave the rights to the Skrull, The main reason Joss Whedon didn't use them is because they are saving them for later. Google it, or wait for me to grape through my history lol... ;)

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/187907-the-underdog-kevin-feige-on-the-avengers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@hillbillymorangie: I haven't got my copy yet. That doesn't necessarily sound like a spoiler considering you didn't give details. :)

Shapeshifting could be a little weird, but some kind of technology could be O.K.

I remember talking about it, but I'm not sure which thread it would be. I'll have a look.

Anyway, @maccyd, Marvel and Fox have a joint ownership with the Skrulls, but Fox has exclusive use of the Super-Skrull. I'll try and find the article that proves that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@hillbillymorangie: In The Avengers: EMH Mar-Vell was blue, but Carol was still pink. They could go with this approach.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: cool, not seen it, I'll have to google it :)

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: more links, I case you like to have lots of citations lol

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/kevin-feige-says-both-marvel-fox-can-use-quicksilver-the-scarlett-witch-in-avengers-x-men-films-20120420

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/11/marvels-licensed-live-action-rights.html

Possibly all based on Thame quote though :/

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MakkyD

@hillbillymorangie: That's a good point. The Skrulls' unique aspects would have been wasted if they just used as fodder for Loki and to have different villains, they'd probably wouldn't be seen after it.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: just an off the wall idea, but maybe blue Mar-Vell isn't dead but its mind is in Coulson? The perfect disguise, it pleases fans who wanted Coulson to be Mar-Vell and it would be one hell of a twist?

Or may e I'm barking up the wrong tree lol

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: People wanted Coulson to be Mar-Vell?

I suppose it could maybe be that there was an agent Phil Coulson, but he was killed, and Mar-Vell assumed his identity, much like with Walter Lawson. Though I don't think Clark Gregg would make a good Mar-Vell.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: indeed he wouldn't hehe, but it may explain his super human reflexes. Also he would not be Mar-Vell but a human that has stolen his life force to be reanimated from the dead... Hehe I'm enjoying making all this up... Maybe during the show they find a way to cut his life energy in half and restore the alien, or maybe we don't really want a Mar-Vell film so he is just tasked with Mar-Vells mission, the body with all Mar-Vells power maybe the target of a some sort of skrull bomb, maybe a pilot will have happened upon the body and bomb and be trying to defuse it, maybe something weird would happen killing the comatose blue alien and transferring its powers to the pilot ;) ... Said I was enjoying the conjecture lol (all based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Marvel lol)

Edit: or would it be a Kree bomb, either or, ;)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: Well it would be a big change for Mar-Vell, but at least Carol could probably end up being mostly correct.

Maybe it could be simpler, and this blue guy is just a member of the crew of the ship that Yon-Rogg commands, and Mar-Vell is up there in space, waiting to depart the ship for Earth. Perhaps this Kree was sent to investigate Earth but died somehow. Maybe running out of breathing potion makes you explode or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: Its the best incarnation of the Avengers, apart from the movie and the comics. (Avengers Assemble is an Abomination!) They use the original Avengers and every character has an awesome moment!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.