Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What if theSummers plane never encountered the Shi'ar craft?

galipoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By galipoka

D'Ken is killed years before the event in Alaska.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gottheit

What if, what if, what if...

Nub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Nub

well, what if the summer's plane wouldnt encounter the Shiar ship?

well, maybe Scott wouldnt be an X-man, and maybe never met Jean Grey n she hadnt become the phoenix...

i dont know. maybe he woulda known about his powers later, and he woulda have his other brother Vulcan not turning evil, etc. etc. etc.

galipoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By galipoka

When the Summers family were taking flight in Alaska that day, there was no Fantastic Four yet. That event predated Fantastic Four #1.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Korg

The way I see it, it wouldn't have made much difference. The Summers have tragedy in their blood. Something else would have come along and screwed up their lives (and probably split them up). Their mother would have died during Vulcan's birth, Corsair becomes and alcoholic and abusive parent, etc. Maybe Xavier finds them before they blow up the planet (there is a RIDICULOUS amount of power between the three of them after all), maybe not. Maybe Sinister gets to all 3 of them first and we see an Age of Sinister instead of Apocalypse, who knows? I think crossing Vulcan's DNA with Jean's/Madelyn's would've created a mutant even stronger than Nate. Which begs the question: Is Vulcan more powerful than Nate to begin with? We'll never know. Interesting question though.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lady Tlieso

i wouldn't have had to waste money on the horrible X-men/Emperor Vulcan mini series.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cobalt

All three summers brothers work for the military, the x-men don't become the unit they were intended to be the summers brothers wind up working for Magneto after seeing the things the government is doing to mutants, and kick hella butt. Even though, I have always wondered what cyclops's name would be if he always had control of his powers, and was on the avengers. He'd more than likely be killed off so thst someone like hellcat could live.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Ferro Vida

Yeah, the big thing would be that scott has control of his powers and vulcan isn't an omega level mutant. Although I agree that the summers have tragedy in their blood, i can't see corsair being abusive (maybe alcoholic). I think  that if they hadn't ended up with the X-men, then either sinister would have gotten to them and taken over the world ( because as Korg said, that is a ridiculous amount of power between them), or they would have joined the avengers.

Swordstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Swordstalker

If Cyclops was never on the X-men, Sinister would still work for Apocalpse. And Big A would take over America just like in the AOA.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida
    Cobalt said:
    "

All three summers brothers work for the military, the x-men don't become the unit they were intended to be the summers brothers wind up working for Magneto after seeing the things the government is doing to mutants, and kick hella butt. Even though, I have always wondered what cyclops's name would be if he always had control of his powers, and was on the avengers. He'd more than likely be killed off so thst someone like hellcat could live.

"

Thats is a good question, "what would cyclop's name be if he could control his powers," and its one that got me thinking. It would probably have been something related to one of his brother's code names, like something similar to havok would be, like, chaos, and something similar to vulcan would, i dunno, apollo or polyphemus. Another possiblity is that alex and scott would have had more time to work togther, so they might both have different code names, like alexiares and anisetus, the twin guardians of olympus and sons of heracles in greek mythology (following the trend of vulcan's code name).

Anyway, this is all just speculation.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

WON WON WON WON GADONNONT DANT DANT DON NA....WANT WANT WANT WANT.....WANT GAWANNANT DANT DANT DON-A!

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida

Um, wtf?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.