What does everyone think of Marvel owned by Disney?

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think Disney is the best thing that happened to Marvel?

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

If it means I can visit Marvel New York in Kingdom Hearts 3, I am all for it.

#3 Posted by PsychoJack (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, Disney fucked it up

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

More money to pump into the company, movies and all. Now if they can go and get the rights back for FF and the Xmen they could reboot.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22682 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney has had nothing to do with Marvel's wins or loses anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot....the only thing that happened with the sale is that Marvel has more resources to call upon now

#6 Posted by FearTheLiving (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen anything wrong with Disney picking up Marvel as of yet.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't noticed a difference really.

#8 Posted by TheDEMON! (468 posts) - - Show Bio

dont they only own the movie part of marvel?

#9 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm completely indifferent to it. Disney owns like a 6th of the country.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (25488 posts) - - Show Bio
@serpent222 said:

I'm completely indifferent to it. Disney owns like a 6th of the country.

This.
#11 Posted by marvellover1 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

No thank you, I hate the censoring, and even the marvel video games are trash, marvel lego? No thankyou! DC has A+ games (batman arkham asylum etc) and we're stuck with kiddy generic trash.

#12 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Bugs Bunny and Micky Mouse own most of the comics industry. I am indifferent.

#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

How's is it any different from WB ?

#14 Posted by danhimself (22682 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvellover1 said:

No thank you, I hate the censoring, and even the marvel video games are trash, marvel lego? No thankyou! DC has A+ games (batman arkham asylum etc) and we're stuck with kiddy generic trash.

you say "etc" but there is no "etc" it's the Arkham games and DCUO that's it...DC has no other games besides their Lego games

Marvel has their Ultimate Alliance games which tons of people love....they also have Spider-man Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time which again tons of people love...and soon they'll have their very own MMORPG and their own series of Lego games

I'd say that when it comes to games the two are on pretty equal grounds

#15 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Disney has had nothing to do with Marvel's wins or loses anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot....the only thing that happened with the sale is that Marvel has more resources to call upon now

Yes indeed! Well said

#16 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney was the best thing to have ever happened to Marvel.

#17 Edited by marvellover1 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Marvel ultimate alliance was good, and number two was awful and it even had phoenix in (my favorite character) but I still thought it was terrible, it also received very negative reviews, and Spiderman is good for 'spiderman fans' not a Marvel as a whole. Also Spiderman barely evolves with each instalment DC has much stronger titles, and yes I am much more a Marvel fan. As for the MMO games, Marvel is PC only alienating many people on consoles, and I hope it succeeds but its doubtful judging by the feedback it's getting for the limited customisation.

#18 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been alright so far. No complains here.

#19 Posted by TheHulk (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk no care one way or other. As long as Hulk still get to smash stuff and beat people up (and get free admissions to DisneyLand in both Florida AND California) Hulk OK with it.

#20 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

On the movie side it is a boon, having Disney's marketing muscle to push the films is huge

On the comics side, Joe Q and Axel A are still butchering the Marvel U uninterrupted.

#21 Edited by Chewish (38 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we can now finally have the long awaited Howard the Duck/Donald Duck crossover event that will "dramatically change the Marvel Universe for years to come".....

#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Big money behind the machine!

#23 Posted by CosmicCommonSense (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with it the cartoon series have been pretty epic it looks like Disney is going to respect the foundation marvel was built on and more importantly the fans

#24 Edited by dianabastiaan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

yes because i get to buy marvel Toys at disneyland, i broke Hulk, opor him

#25 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope Disney buys DC so we can combine the universes.

#26 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

Let's hope Disney buys DC so we can combine the universes.

Dont ever say that. Never.

On the movie side it is a boon, having Disney's marketing muscle to push the films is huge

On the comics side, Joe Q and Axel A are still butchering the Marvel U uninterrupted.

Too true. And we lost Spectacular Spider-man for Ultimate Spider-man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.