What do you hope for in the new Thor Movie?

#1 Edited by Bezza (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman MOS has shown us what you can achieve in battle scenes with super powered ultra fast characters and we saw some of this in the first Thor Movie. Then we seemed to get a de-powered version in the Avengers. For me the biggest disappointment (the only disappointment actually) of the Avengers movie was Thor's part where he was for me overshadowed (power wise) by the Hulk. Anyway, seeing as Thor is the closest match to Superman out of any of the major marvel characters, I really wanna see a full powered Thor doing his stuff in the next movie. Thor has the potential to be awesome, being a norse God, super strong, with a wide range of powers and in this film he will be fully powered for the full movie, not just the opening and closing salvos. So, what do you want from it?

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

a better villain. and NO MORE FREAKING PORTMAN. she is useless.

#3 Posted by Perethorn (3429 posts) - - Show Bio

-That they show more of Thor´s powers, not only lighting strikes and hammer smashes

-Better battles, the ones form the first movie were short and not the best compared to other hero movies.

#4 Posted by SoA (4929 posts) - - Show Bio

kurse and ulik

#5 Posted by Farkam (4954 posts) - - Show Bio

For it not to be another extended pre-trailer for the Avengers 2. IM3 has given me hope at least.

#6 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

A good plot.

#7 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill

#8 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

a real enemy like fire demons

a final say on Asgards connection to Earth, do they care about the cops, teachers, school kids on Earth or do they just care about their kingdom in space

a proper story with Jane and/or other human friends

#9 Posted by Outside_85 (9542 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to comment on the Avengers: I think the point of 'depowering' Thor's brute strength was to balance the team so they didn't end up with a character that was better powerwise than all the others, as in; stronger and more durable than Hulk and with better ranged attacks than Iron Man. Each of them just had their special combination to bring to the set, Hulk was the strongest, Thor was the one with the most powerful ranged attack. (Side note: I may get unpopular by saying this but, let Hulk be his catchphrase and be the strongest one, Thor has like a billion abilities with that hammer of his, so why does he also need to be the strongest?)

What I hope from the movie; a proper foe for Thor to face off against, the Destroyer was just... sad; blows up a few cars, a gasstation and an few giants... blown apart by a bolt of lightning.

#10 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wielding the storm without his hammer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.