What Cancelled Marvel Title Deserves An A-List Shot ?

#1 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

By this I mean it is given a top tier writer and artist, the kinds of names that are too big to ignore. What book do you think has a concept that could really take off in the right hands and with the full backing of Marvel and their marketing machine?

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider needs it bad.

And Alejandra needs to be murdered. Preferably by Danny Ketch.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Ghost Rider needs it bad.

And Alejandra needs to be murdered. Preferably by Danny Ketch.

I second this notion. Effin' love Danny Ketch.

#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23.

#6 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

cloak & dagger

heroes for hire with luke cage and ironfist

taskmaster

#7 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

black panther.

#8 Posted by SC (13133 posts) - - Show Bio

Exiles by far for me personally. You have a few core cast characters that lets you have consistency in the book, and lets you see characters develop (think Blink, Nocturne, Mimic, Morph) you can get to see new spins on old characters or mainstream characters, you get to see characters in 616 realize their potential in ways they can't in the mainstream. You can reinvent old ideas or mess around with past stories. You can take the best bits of What If stories. You can do so much with alt realities and future and past events, stories, characters. Needs some grounding though, can't go all Claremont. So Exiles on the provision Blink, Nocturne and Morph at the least are there.  

Ghost Rider I think as well. Silver Surfer. X-23. Hercules. Elektra.          

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther!

#10 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these well maybe GR but I'd prefer them give other characters a shot like Hawkeye or ones that have never had a solo run.

#11 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkeye has solo run right now being written by matt fraction.

#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

The only two on the list worth a damn are Ghost Rider and Black Panther, there are already enough mutant centric books. The two titles that need to come back with a top flight team.. or bring the team back that was already on them is Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy.

#13 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@/mega_spidey01/.. Random name. . Yeah he's had a few short runs in the past though so bad example. How about Vision then?

#14 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

The only two on the list worth a damn are Ghost Rider and Black Panther, there are already enough mutant centric books. The two titles that need to come back with a top flight team.. or bring the team back that was already on them is Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy.

QFT!

#15 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders should not be getting cancelled. Fraction and McKelvie have been awesome on the book.

#16 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. He has not been handled well over the last few years. And Ghost Rider as either Blaze or Ketch not that poor woman that had in the previous run.

#17 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

From those, Black Panther.

From ages ago, the Sleepwalker

#18 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Exiles by far for me personally. You have a few core cast characters that lets you have consistency in the book, and lets you see characters develop (think Blink, Nocturne, Mimic, Morph) you can get to see new spins on old characters or mainstream characters, you get to see characters in 616 realize their potential in ways they can't in the mainstream. You can reinvent old ideas or mess around with past stories. You can take the best bits of What If stories. You can do so much with alt realities and future and past events, stories, characters. Needs some grounding though, can't go all Claremont. So Exiles on the provision Blink, Nocturne and Morph at the least are there. Ghost Rider I think as well. Silver Surfer. X-23. Hercules. Elektra.

Exiles had a recent 100 issue run so I chose not to include them. You could say the same about Alpha Flight, but that was quite some time ago and all the recent retries have barely made it 12 issues.

The concept is still sound, but I think the original cast has had it's time in the sun and at the end of the run it was getting pretty tired. IMO I would like to see an almost new cast where you never knew at any time when one might be killed off or replaced at a moments notice. A team tackling suicide missions to restore broken realities where not everyone could ever make it out alive.

#19 Posted by SC (13133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brazen_Intellect:  Oh I didn't mind that Exiles wasn't in the poll, its just the book I feel most strongly about. I personally actually really care more about the book with the original cast (especially Blink and Nocturne) otherwise it just turns into What If books for me (which I also love) but thats just me. I read indy books for my fill of good, fresh and original stories and characters independent of my pet fav characters. Or to rephrase I read Marvel books for my fav characters. I like the risk with characters dying, and it did happen in Exiles, but I don't like the idea of because it could happen it should happen. Look how abused that occurs in mainstream reality so I would be personally okay with a few characters being kept around.  

I haven't read the new X-Treme X-Men book but that might be what you mean as far as your idea?   
#20 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@Brazen_Intellect: Oh I didn't mind that Exiles wasn't in the poll, its just the book I feel most strongly about. I personally actually really care more about the book with the original cast (especially Blink and Nocturne) otherwise it just turns into What If books for me (which I also love) but thats just me. I read indy books for my fill of good, fresh and original stories and characters independent of my pet fav characters. Or to rephrase I read Marvel books for my fav characters. I like the risk with characters dying, and it did happen in Exiles, but I don't like the idea of because it could happen it should happen. Look how abused that occurs in mainstream reality so I would be personally okay with a few characters being kept around. I haven't read the new X-Treme X-Men book but that might be what you mean as far as your idea?

I have not read X-Treme X-Men either, I'm a little behind on titles at the moment so I really can't verify your reference. As for Exiles, I did not intend to just kill of characters wholesale like Strikeforce Morituri ( does that reference ever date me) just more of the suspense that no one was really safe, even if they were by editorial mandate. With the original cast you knew for the most part who was safe and who was expendable. I would only kill off someone once the writers felt they had worn out the version of said character to make room for someone new, or even another version of the same character down the road.

#21 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

With the original cast you knew for the most part who was safe and who was expendable.

Mimic, Morph and Sunfire say "hi".

#22 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

With the original cast you knew for the most part who was safe and who was expendable.

Mimic, Morph and Sunfire say "hi".

Of the 3 only Morph was any surprise at all IMO

#23 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5440 posts) - - Show Bio
@photowill404

Black Panther. He has not been handled well over the last few years. And Ghost Rider as either Blaze or Ketch not that poor woman that had in the previous run.

Qft
#24 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon: QFT? huh?

#25 Posted by celtsfan75 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Black Panther but he would be after Cloak & Dagger and then Tomb of Dracula if those were options.

#26 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with X-23 on the hope that it would actually be X-23 (featuring Jubilee, her bestest friend). But seriously, Marvel should really be able to put out a Black Panther that sells.

#27 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5440 posts) - - Show Bio
@photowill404

@WaveMotionCannon: QFT? huh?

QFT = quoted for truth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.